|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
, : Untap target artifact.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||Supremespeed , angesoir , LTmiller , rikertchu , Riku580 , electrolynx , releasethedogs , mycheze , itheoryz , rakdos24 , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Benniator , Mousemke , LeroyJones , ZombieFood , ajc3527 , frederiklw , metlguy , , warcry02|
|Want (38)||marsp44 , Pulseman , DarkTimesAhead , Mordeken , Elphane , Sollisnexus , FrogIsCool , Xue-Kaihua , Furiosto , BringerOfStorms , DeifiedExile , 1337_Nerd , kvfd1719 , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , magichood , CryAll , Arthurallgood , dauid , pphhaazzee , Kaedom , BrownstoneCowboy , plande , rmredman55 , AntiheroFOREVER , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , tapanmeister , lightbow , BHunter96 , buildingadeck , sleepy104 , Synchlor , insanious , asshat , THP88 , Dr.Jackel , bbtancakes , kovellen , westerhack|
Voltaic Key Discussion
4 hours ago
10 hours ago
Love the list, creativity on the level!
4 days ago
was going to suggest changing out the clocks for Voltaic Key until i noticed the clock don't tap, kept looking at it and trying to figure out how you were getting infinite loop, after about the 10th time it hit me he he.
also would suggest fitting Myr Superion in there as well if you do use Anvils.
1 week ago
Glad you like it! Being as much of a control fan as I am, I always wanted to make something in Azorius colors and here is my first try. This will go through many changes before getting to the building phase, if I end up building it at all since it's only a first draft, but the general direction is here.
I'm not that excited about Ballista in here. X-spells double as wincons and ways for me to replenish my hand. Ballista is completely dead outside of combo, and I don't have enough artifact synergy to make it worth it IMHO. Trinket mage and artifact lands sound more like it though. So far I've often used Tezzeret to tutor for Sol ring/Top and I can see how this guy could help me there. Plus this could finally "force" me to buy a Mana Vault. At that point the Voltaic Key sounds better and that brings us to Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth combo... I'm unsure about how much artifact lands would help, but as long as I'm not playing Back to Basics, and I eventually might, I might as well play those.
Thank you for dropping by, it means a lot!
2 weeks ago
Howdy. With the number of rocks you run, I think you could easily cut two lands. Also, a neat combo is being able to draw your deck with Paradox Engine + Voltaic Key + Sensei's Divining Top and a rock producing two mana. These are also just great cards on their own.
2 weeks ago
Oh, Trading Post plus Mycosynth Lattice plus and infinite mana loop plus Voltaic Construct plus some way to turn Trading Post into a creature = infinite life and basically a tutor loop. Also, I recommend Elixir of Immortality to let you loop your graveyard through your deck over and over again.
Again, if you don't want to fit these in, they're expensive, but they are fun.
Really, you won't always see these combos, but when you do see the occasional one they are super epic. Oh, the Trading Post loop triggers Glassdust Hulk as well because the Goats are artifacts with Mycosynth Lattice.
4 weeks ago
That link no longer exists, and so I just put the preconstructed deck together here to view:
Commander / EDH
0 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
The first card that comes to mind with Teferi, Temporal Archmage for me is The Chain Veil. With enough mana rocks out you can get infinite mana and planeswalker activations. I’m not sure how competitive your going to have this be/if there’s a budget but stuff like Mana Crypt, Chrome Mox, Basalt Monolith, Copy Artifact, Fellwar Stone, Thran Dynamo Voltaic Key, and the like. You can play stax cards like Stasis, Winter Orb, among others as a very viable game plan also. But yeah with The Chain Veil, once you have some semblance of cards I listed above out, you can then win with something like Stroke of Genius, or Ugin, the Spirit Dragon/Jace, the Mindsculptor.
It is all explained here by LabManiac_Sigi if you want to read a better description or just have a look for some possible ideas:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 164 | 148 COMMENTS | 106687 VIEWS | IN 131 FOLDERS
But regardless of whether you would upgrade to include competitive stuff like this, cards that I would have to say are still good in general would be High Tide, Dig Through Time, Mystic Remora, Brainstorm, Rhystic Study, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip are some that I can think of. I would consider checking edhrec for many more ideas.
Anyways I hope this is of use to you!
1 month ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.