If you control a creature, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead.
Printings View all
|Signature Spellbook: Gideon (SS2)||Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
3 weeks ago
Gotta say I feel your issue with the akroma's. I've wanted them to work for a long time myself, but there just isn't good homes for them. I tend to think of them more as sideboard cards for specific matchups, such as using Akroma, Angel of Wrath with Worship against say burn, or Akroma, Angel of Fury against decks with Path to Exile or counterspells. Mainly just as ways to tax an opponents ability to answer them.
1 month ago
This seems like a great time!
Might I suggest that you put some copies of Throne of the God-Pharaoh in the deck? This will make your Master of Cruelties kill on the same turn that you get it through on the end step, and small detail, Throne, is life loss, which gets through effects like Angel's Grace, and Worship!
1 month ago
I used to play casual Pestilence and started with that precon also lol. https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/casual-multiplayer-formats/476669-w-b-pestilence
1 month ago
The main thing is though is that I feel like I can make a decent version of this deck whether I decide to go with Chalice of the Void or not. One thing I don't really know where to go with either way is deciding how I want to win the game. As it is now, winning comes from a planeswalker ultimate, Gideon of the Trials beatdown, Castle Ardenvale, and Worship. I think these are okay I just don't know if it is good enough.
2 months ago
Mzuzi the Unlucky
Legendary Planeswalker - Mzuzi
Spells your opponents cast that target you or permanents or spells you control cost less to cast.
+2: Each opponent creates a 3/3 green Beast creature token. During each opponent's next turn, creatures that player controls attack Mzuzi the Unlucky if able.
+2: Target opponent gains control of Mzuzi the Unlucky.
-9: You get an emblem with "If you have cards in your graveyard, you can't lose the game." and "As long as you have 0 or less life, whenever you lose life, for each 1 life you lost, exile a permanent you control or a card from your hand or graveyard."
The static is based on Accursed Witch Flip, the first +2 is based on Gideon Jura/goad as a mechanic, and other +2 is based on Harmless Offering as well as Gilded Drake-type effects. The ultimate is a mix of Worship, Phyrexian Unlife, and Lich's Mastery.
I couldn't really think of a green aspect, so I just gave everyone some beasts to attack Mzuzi with.
Also not like a Magus of Stasis-type deal or Magus of the Moon, but like Collector Ouphe (I'm aware is't Null Rod), Yixlid Jailer, Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Vexing Shusher (kinda?), Stigma Lasher, Eidolon of the Great Revel, Ash Zealot, Tunnel Ignus, Harsh Mentor, and Immolation Shaman.
3 months ago
- if a token leaves the battlefield it ceases to exist, which is amazing against Devastating Summons as its a 2 for one.
- Yeah i forget risen reef is cmc 3.
- You are running a creature package so stick with it. I dont see grape shot to be super amazing, unless you are comboing hard, at which point you should be winning anyways. Its probably better to keep bushwhacker. You can play test it if you want.
- I see Fulminator mage in my match-up all the time, it really helps hit some decks. It can cut some decks off a color of mana which is all you need to win. Also fun interaction you might not know. Block a creature without trample, and then sacrifice it in response. No damage gets through and you still get the effect.
- As a burn player bolt is life, and gets rid of a lot of stuff you don't want to see. I personally wouldn't be worried about batter skull, as its an artifact in green, plus its easier to just kill stonefordge mystic. Urza is a deck ive never played against so i cant give you to much insight from xp.
- Now your already 3 colors but I would like to point out white has a lot of help. Worship, path, RIP, stoney silence, ...
- I love it when decks can SB into a different deck making game 2 super interesting. Now the important thing to ask is when would i board these cards in, and how does it help me?
- I have mixed feelings about Surgical. Its amazing against decks like izzet phoenix, but at the same time relic, and tormod's crypt really do the job as well and the costs are slightly better in my opinion. I would recommend "goldfishing" against your bad match up's. Play just game 1 a couple of times and get the feel of who it goes, maybe try a different builds of theirs. Then strictly play game 2.
- my guess is Surgical wont help dredge that much. The hit a dredge card and cast it for two life, next turn they get more dredge cards. Grafdigger's Cage is probably better if you are focusing on this match up. If your worried about storm this card does nothing, and against a good storm player i don't see Surgical helping that much. (they can just hold priority and combo off for a bit, at which point it may be to late for a surgical).
- Ive had another thought on the plan B. You defiantly cast them but the focus of the deck would be bringing back those cards and get an absurd amount of value out of those cards.
4 months ago
If you are only playing Ajani's Welcome because of Sigil of the Empty Throne I would play 4 sigil of the empty throne instead of one. It might be better to play Divine Visitation instead of Sigil of the Empty Throne. As for cheap enchantments Honor of the Pure, Journey to Nowhere, Oblivion Ring, Cartouche of Solidarity, spirit bond, Conclave Tribunal, and Worship are all good. Siona + Divine Visitation is busted and might be better than playing sigil. You would need a ton of auras to make it worth it though.
4 months ago
Please use double square brackets to link cards in your question. It makes it easier for everyone to understand the question, especially with so many cards referenced. Like so:
Darien, King of Kjeldor, Aetherflux Reservoir, Worship, Serra the Benevolent, Anointer Priest
[[Darien, King of Kjeldor]], [[Aetherflux Reservoir]], [[Worship]], [[Serra the Benevolent]], [[Anointer Priest]]
You can't get the combo to start the way you want. Per the rules, you can't pay more life than you have. Since you have 36 life, you can't activate Aetherflux Reservoir's ability to damage yourself.
- 119.4. If a cost or effect allows a player to pay an amount of life greater than 0, the player may do so only if their life total is greater than or equal to the amount of the payment. If a player pays life, the payment is subtracted from their life total; in other words, the player loses that much life. (Players can always pay 0 life.)
If you have 50 life, you could activate the ability, but state-based actions would remove you from the game for having 0 life before any of your effects could resolve.
However, if we assume you have 51 life, then the combo should work as you want it to. Aetherflux Reservoir deals damage, which implicates Worship as long as you have a creature (Darien). You would pay 50 life to activate the Reservoir's ability, leaving you at 1 life.
When the Reservoir's ability resolves, it deals damage to you that would reduce your life total to less than 1, so Worship replaces that with your life total going to 1 instead. It doesn't prevent the damage, so Darien's ability triggers.
When Darien's ability resolves, you create 50 tokens. Since they enter the battlefield, Anointer Priest triggers 50 times, and when each resolves, you gain life, bringing you back up to 51.
All this relies on your opponents not interfering. While they can't damage you to make you lose due to Worship, 1 life is still a precarious position with all those triggers that need to resolve before you're in a safe position again, and all it takes is an instant-speed spell that causes you to lose life, rather than take damage (like Geth's Verdict or Misery Charm).