|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
- new eldrazi sicons and the old ones
- Eldrazi Mimic with Walker of the Wastes
- with the new wastes mana (not shur what is it called right now) does Kruphix, God of Horizons turn it in to that?
- If my general has no colorless mana in his color identity, can I include wastes in the same deck with the aforesaid general?
- Now with the new basic Wastes, could Draco only cost 4?
: Add to your mana pool. ( represents colourless mana.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 days ago
Just a few comments:1. What do you plan on sacrificing with Ashnod's Altar? Only Skittering Invasion, Spawning Bed, and Blight Herder put sacrificable creatures on the board, or you'd have to sacrifice the big ones for just 2 mana... Same goes for Eldrazi Monument by the way.
For the mana you could take a look at Blinkmoth Urn, although it may also give mana to your opponents.
2. Gruesome Slaughter sounds fun, but at which point would you actually use it? Half of your creatures seem to have Annihilator, some are so weak that the extra ability won't help, and with a 10/10 you'd probably want to swing face instead of dealing 10 to a creature "for free". Maybe Akroma's Memorial fits better if you plan to have this kind of effect.
3. Which artifacts do you plan to sacrifice with Phyrexia's Core? Otherwise it would just be as good as a Wastes (see point 4).
4. Ash Barrens, Cloudpost, and Holdout Settlement seem to add nothing more than a Wastes would do. While they may look nicer, with more Wastes you could also consider running Solemn Simulacrum and Burnished Hart.
5. You are severely lacking card draw. Consider a Mind's Eye or a Sandstone Oracle.
5 days ago
I feel like playing Wastes with Extraplanar Lens is an easy way to get mana without the worry of others being able to, also worked well with Walking Atlas and Terrain Generator, then you don't have to play a bunch of the poor quality colorless lands, and potential for ramp increases a lot. Also cushions against random non-basic hate like Back to Basics.
Pyramid of the Pantheon is also great, better than basically any 3 mana rock that taps for 1.
1 week ago
1x Canyon Slough, 1x Smoldering Marsh.
I was sifting through some stuff and was thinking maybe just Mono Black with lots of value creatures?
Something like 3x Glint-Sleeve Siphoner, 1xTorment of Hailfire, 1xYahenni, Undying Partisan, 1x Kalitas, 4xHeir of Falkenrath, 4x Gifted Aetherborn, 4x Bearer of Silence, 1x Wastes, 1x Evolving Wilds, 2x Trial of Ambition, 2x Cartouche of Ambition, 4x Reaver Drone, 2x Harsh Scrutiny and 1x Smothering Abomination, maybe some Bone Pickers, Ruinous Paths. I also like Retreat to Hagra.
I probably need more removal + hand disruption like you said. And maybe 1x Claim / Fame.
1 week ago
Hey there, thx for commenting on my Deck.I really miss Evolving Wilds in this deck, did you try them?Often times I get my one of Wastes with my Evolving Wilds to cast a turn 4 TKS, do you have problems finding the coloureless sources for that without a Wastes and Evolving Wilds or are you happy with seven sources?I like the Grasp of Darkness in your list, i had problems with resolved Glorybringer when i could not discard them beforehand.Easy +1 for me, i will try your list (+ Evolving Wilds and a one of Wastes) on Saturdays Standard Showdown and give review.
2 weeks ago
Honestly, I think it could be better;
Add in 10x Wastes
1 month ago
No. The Oracle text for Excavator now reads:
, Sacrifice a basic land: Target creature gains landwalk of each of the land types of the sacrificed land until end of turn.
Wastes is a Basic Land with not subtypes, so if you sacrifice it to Excavator it will likely grant no landwalk abilities. It is possible it would grant abilities if it was enchanted with Spreading Seas or you controlled a Prismatic Omen, but your opponent would have to control a land of the appropriate type, not a wastes, for landwalk to prevent blocking.
1 month ago
Excavator grants landwalk of the type basic land that was sacrificed. So if I were to sacrifice a Wastes, would that grant the ability to not be blocked as long as a defending player controls a Wastes?
1 month ago
Also, have you considered going extremely aggro? As in keep all your land fetches, like Expedition Map (and add the two land-fetches Portalis78 mentioned also) and a lot of ramp, then fill the rest of the deck up with 50-70 Wastes?
I'm working on a similar build with Lightning Berserker, where the idea is to cast the commander ASAP, then swing as much as possible while playing a land every turn. When your commander is finally removed, in theory you should be able to recast him right away. With trample, Walker of the Wastes could be too big to deal with by T6 or T7 maybe?
Something to consider, anyway. =)