|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Leyline of the Meek
If Leyline of the Meek is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it in play.
Creature tokens get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Leyline of the Meek Discussion
4 days ago
This is a really strong budget list! Here's a list of some cheap mono white staples/suggestions:
Auriok Champion instead of Soul Warden.
Entrapment Maneuver removal and on theme.
Isolated Watchtower so good in mono color lists.
Dawn Charm no one sees it coming.
Leyline of the Meek pump and on theme.
1 month ago
That being said, let’s go over your list of cards and start making some cuts to fine tune it.
Some less synergistic cards to cut:
Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage
Phage the Untouchable
Heliod, God of the Sun
Gonti, Lord of Luxury
Hope of Ghirapur
Leyline of Sanctity
Bridge from Below
I’ve got some other ideas but for now that’s where I would start with cuts.
1 month ago
I have 128 cards and trying to knock it down to 100, would like some help makes a good Zombie deck. Thank you for your time and help. Here are my cards
Commander - Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
3 months ago
Or just be too fast/resilient for it to matter.
- T1 Plains #1, 1 Weathered Wayfarer, Leyline of Sanctity or Leyline of the Meek
- T2 Plains #2, Knight of the White Orchid, Plains, #3
- T3 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, and suddenly you've got 6 mana.
Destroying Nykthos wouldn't even matter since Weathered Wayfarer can find another. or they will set themselves back by a land when you still get a huge threat on the table.
5 months ago
For starters, this looks like a fun deck to play. Swarming the board with tokens is always an exciting strategy. I find myself agreeing with ZendikariWol though about swapping commanders. This kind of deck would probably prefer a commander that costs less than 7 because that's a lot.
Also, your mana curve is rather high. Lowering it means you'll have more to play on earlier turns more often.
Here are some cards I might recommend adding:
- Conqueror's Pledge - I heard you liked soldiers
- Captain's Call or Cenn's Enlistment - similar effects, one has more upfront tokens but the other you can cast repeatedly.
- Hero of Bladehold - not a soldier herself but brings friends and buffs all attackers
- Teferi's Protection - token decks are weak to boardwipes. This phases you and all your permanents out of existence letting your token army dodge the removal. Obviously this is expensive, so I think it would depend on your meta
- Sergeant-at-Arms - Makes one soldier early game. Makes 3 soldiers late game
- Daru Warchief - buffs and discounts
- Field Marshal - buffs and first strike
- Veteran's Armaments - essentially a 0 equip cost
Here are some cards I might recommend removing:
- Planar Portal - wow, 12 mana tutor. That's a lot of mana. And you do have Citanul Flute which is similar
- Angelic Arbiter - this prevents you from casting something like Mobilization and then capitalizing on it
- Herald of War - not a soldier, doesn't buff all your non-human soldiers
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch - lots of mana, $5
- Requiem Angel - also not a soldier. Though the tokens are nice, they aren't soldiers, to be fair
- Weathered Wayfarer - I know white doesn't have tons of options for this kind of thing, but this is $14 and seems rather out of place.
8 months ago
With this mix of cards, I don't think you're going to be able to cut all of your nonflying token generation, so I'd go with cutting the least efficient token generators. So with that said, Not Forgotten and Beckon Apparition are really bad. Definitely cut those. I'd also cut Leyline of the Meek because it pumps opposing tokens and it's super overpriced when not in your opener. It's definitely your worst anthem. Doomwake Giant doesn't seem like he matches up all that well with what you're trying to do. Legion Loyalist and Archetype of Courage don't seem to be that strong unless you expect to face an opposing token army every game. Archetype of Aggression doesn't seem like it works very well with swarms of small creatures either. Goblin Dark-Dwellers is good value and I realize you can rebuy a token generator, but it seems like for five mana you'd rather be casting a five-mana token generator.