|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Gift of Immortality
Enchantment — Aura
When enchanted creature dies, return that card to the battlefield under its owners control. Return Gift of Immortality to the battlefield attached to that creature at the beginning of the next end step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Atony1400 , xpsychovampx , gildan_bladeborn , Regulus1010 , rockleemyhero , jhTheMan99 , PTsmitty , redlegs_17 , Nemesis , golgarigirl , pskinn01 , bradyofportdetroit , 2austin5|
Gift of Immortality Discussion
14 hours ago
Zillabrony13: I've been wavering on Sword of Light and Shadow for a while. My main problem with it is that it protects the equipped creature from my own Benevolent Bodyguard, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Mother of Runes, Stonehewer Giant, Duelist's Heritage, Sigarda's Aid, Gift of Immortality, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, and Boros Charm. On the other hand, I sometimes have problems with white decks because none of my Swords protect against it...
I'll pass on Burnished Hart, though: far far far too much mana investment for two tapped lands :(
3 days ago
This is a good start to the deck. Knowing your collection, I am sure that you must not have many cards.
But I like the way you use Blades of Velis Vel in order to get that sliver synergy. That's a sign of a good player being able to see these unusual interactions. So if I were you, the first thing I would do is to get more slivers.
A good low curve Sliver that gives good buffs would be Predatory Sliver. He's also cheap so that's a plus. Muscle Sliver is the same thing but a little more expensive at a dollar a piece. But having 8 of these guys is pretty good. Blur Sliver is also another really great cheap option as it gives all of your Slivers haste, a great way to close out games quickly. Manaweft Sliver is also an important card as it allows you to ramp up to your Megantic Sliver which is what I am assuming you are trying to do. Gemhide Sliver can also fill the same role. Hibernation Sliver is also a fairly cheap option that can save your Slivers for the low low price of 2 life. Sidewinder Sliver is also really cool, and can make your slivers even harder to block.
What's great is that most of these cards are under a dollar, making a budget deck with these guys extremely viable. The only problem is, the mana base could be more expensive. Having all of these Slivers is great, but if they are stuck in your hand because you need green mana when you have white, that kind of sucks. So in the interest of budget lets make a budget mana base.
First Darksteel Ingot is pretty great. I'd run 4 of them. Transguild Promenade and Evolving Wilds are very cheap options that can get you any color. Lay of the Land can also fix pretty well. Rampant Growth can get it on the battlefield. These are all budget options however. The best option would actually be Birds of Paradise, but at $5 a card, it can be kind of expensive for a new player. What's great about them however is the synergy with Blades of Velis Vel. Play that on your birds and you suddenly have a huge sliver bird swinging in the air. If you have the money definetley get a playset of these birdies. Another option for mana fixing can also be found in the Ravnica Guildgates. All very cheap options to fix your mana. Sliver Hive is more expensive, but works great in a slivers deck.
If you were to build a Slivers deck I would highly recommend upgrading your mana base first. That inclusion will be able to help you do whatever you need to do with your actual creatures. Assuming a budget of $20 this is what I would recommend.
Sinew Sliver x4
Suntail Hawk x4
I'll make a tappedout list of this later, but this should hopefully be under $20. At the very least it is $25 for a very powerful aggro deck that synergizes really well. I took out the bigger cards such as Megantic Sliver in favor of cheaper slivers that are easier to play. The Velis Veil cards are great, and can surprise many opponents. The sideboard includes Spinneret Sliver to deal with flyers, Tormod's Crypt for graveyards (can also deal with Gift of Immortality wink, wink, nudge, nudge). Smash to Smithereens for artifacts, Shock for cheap removal, and Elite Vanguard in case they do run a lot of flyers. Upgrades to the mana base should also be considered.
Wow that was a long post.
5 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
2 weeks ago
Thank you, I am glad you think so!
I don't run Diabolic Intent because I don't think the deck has enough tokens to make it worth a slot, it only has two tokens generators, which would it a very sad tutor!
Demonic Consultation is a very nice card, however it will see more use in a doomdsay style or a super fast combo deck, and plus I don't like exiling my sorceries or needed cards!
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed Looks very interesting! You can keep recurring him with Gift of Immortality but he's a creature that might get exiled by my prophet, would he be worth a slot just for the fact he can be a sweet recursion engine?
Thanks for checking out my deck!
2 weeks ago
I feel like Kemba, Kha Regent could fit easily in here. he's an out to Grave Pact effects other than Gift of Immortality. Also you could use Assault Suit for the same effect. Also if you want a one hit wonder, Armory Automaton :D