|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Gift of Immortality
Enchantment — Aura
When enchanted creature dies, return that card to the battlefield under it’s owner’s control. Return Gift of Immortality to the battlefield attached to that creature at the beginning of the next end step.
Gift of Immortality Discussion
1 week ago
Mot much for me to add. Every card I thought xhould be in here already is.
A few minor quibbles though.
Maybe Open the Vaults ?
2 weeks ago
I've run a Queen Marchesa deck since it's realease, and it has a couple stand out cards that I think you'd appreciate. First of all, since monarch is not a permanent, one of the greatest value engines you can do is to play Marchesa then run a complete wrath package with Planar Cleansing then take advantage of the monarch while everybody rebuilds. Kaya, Ghost Assassin is pretty cheeky in the deck as you can wrath and save your commander, or Kaya. Gift of Immortality can be paired with a wrath, or a sacrifice outlet in order to get queenie back, and to ensure you keep monarch. Also Solitary Confinement can be a pretty big lockdown with this deck, it's not exactly cheap, but it is crazy good. Something like Debtors' Knell is great for rebuilding afterwards, too!
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
1 month ago
Looking good. Mark of Fury is okay, but has to survive till EOT. I hate 1 removal giving a 2 for 1. Maybe double up on your Expedite with Crimson Wisps . I like it better because it can still draw you an A/D/D to cast with the haste Kaalia of the Vast .
I see your playing Terramorphic Expanse , there's definitely other better fetch lands, but don't forget about Evolving Wilds . I don't recommend either because I hate tapped mana (except Bojuka Bog ).
Obviously Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Restoration Angel or Village Bell-Ringer go infinite, but there is also Combat Celebrant and Zealous Conscripts as well, but of course relies on the Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker quite heavily.
Also, not sure if you've mapped out all your Infinite combos, but don't forget you have:
Tainted Pact is an inexpensive (and instant) speed tutor, the problem is, you can't have any duplicate lands in your deck (even duplicate basic lands) so that's where it gets expensive. There's also Demonic Consultation if your a gambler lol, damn those top 6, it's also instant so can pull a Master of Cruelties if Kaalia of the Vast triggered ability gets on the stack, tutor for the killer.
You may want Crucible of Worlds , it works best with all the fetches like Windswept Heath , Wooded Foothills all the fetch lands, but also is awesome with Strip Mine or Wasteland ($$$). If you have Crucible of Worlds + a Fetch land, basically can filter out all the mana from the deck (while ramping) so when you draw it's usually favorable. I've contemplated it over Chromatic Lantern but don't have one to test, although reasonably priced since reprint.
I have similar worries around Cartouche of Zeal (2 for 1), but when you need haste you need it. I like Leyline of the Void more than Tormod's Crypt , Relic of Progenitus for sure, since it's a lasting effect and CMC0 in opening hand, and prevents the Experience from getting earned at all. But they are ok at the job. Relic of Progenitus would be amazing if it could target the card, but it has more utility than Tormod's Crypt anyway even with the downside.
Be careful with Angel of Jubilation he shuts down your deck too, like Goblin Bombardment , Razaketh, the Foulblooded , Necropotence , Phyrexian Reclamation , Diabolic Intent (might be wrong on this one would have to check the rule book on additional costs), Mana Confluence , Bloodstained Mire (or any Fetch).
Maybe Blood Crypt / Godless Shrine / Sacred Foundry probably enter tapped too (again this one would have to read the rulebook too, not sure if that's considered paying a cost to "activate abilities" probably not because it doesn't have the : symbol on it.
City of Brass is another good multi-color mana asource.
Terminus is a terrific way of getting rid of all those recurring creatures too (unless he can sac them all in response somehow).
I might have mentioned before, Angel of Despair is far superior to someone like Angel of Jubilation unless she's solving a specific pod problem for disruption to your deck. Hellkite Tyrant is hand if you play artifact decks like Breya, Etherium Shaper or Teferi, Temporal Archmage .
Mother of Runes can give protection if your facing Targeted removal.
Some ideas anyway, the reprinted fetches like Windswept Heath are fairly cheap still (I think).
1 month ago
Palisade Giant can be a great fog engine to frustrate your opponents. Gift of Immortality will save you some headaches if Alesha dies. Mad Prophet is perfect for getting high mana creatures in the graveyard early to cheat out with Alesha, with the added benefit of card draw. Panharmonicon would be great with all your ETB triggers.
1 month ago
I like it.
Some ideas - you don't need to do them all but I would suggest doing some -
Gift of Immortality is an amazing card for you as it negates a wipe or spot removal to get rid of you.
False Demise is also worth a look.
Curator's Ward is hexproof - another nice option.
Greater Auramancy is excellent as it protects your enchantments and your creatures. Its very, very solid. Copy this enchantment to essentially make all enchantments untargetable. Please note that this will stop you from attaching further enchantments but hey.
Sphere of Safety gives you some protection without drawing heat from the board.
Hour of Revelation is a great sweeper as sometimes you need to wipe out their hard to hit stuff.
Austere Command is expensive to cast but is able to target the things you need dead.
Land Tax is also a great one to have for EDH as it gets you the lands you need against ramp.
1 month ago
Divine Visitation , Second Sunrise , Abnormal Endurance , Sun Titan , Black Cat , Corpse Augur , Demonic Vigor , Diabolic Servitude , Driver of the Dead , Festering Mummy , Gift of Immortality , Malicious Affliction , Plague Belcher , Polluted Dead , Showstopper , Skin Invasion Flip, The Scorpion God , Together Forever , Alesha, Who Smiles at Death , Apprentice Necromancer , Claim / Fame , Dawnbreak Reclaimer , Defy Death , Devoted Crop-Mate , Dread Slaver , Emeria Shepherd , Entreat the Dead
Gift of Immortality occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%