|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Each opponent sacrifices a creature. If you control a Liliana planeswalker, each opponent also discards a card.
Liliana's Triumph Discussion
1 day ago
Liliana's Triumph is just strictly better in most cases than gideon's, obliterator likely is difficult to ever be castable, I am more guessing there's limit to card pool with this deck so while I could suggest to no end different cards Exquisite Blood it might be me suggesting a whole different deck in the end, Ghostly Prison might not be too bad though since everyone will be trying to get their extorted life back.
3 days ago
Yo le Kroaxis.
Petit cube vraiment plaisant à jouer, qui sera encore plus boosté avec quelques évolutions et équilibrages. J'en suis un peu au même point que toi au niveau du built, mais quelques idées pour améliorer les synergies selon moi :
Toujours favoriser une carte qui fait 2 pour 1, c'est à dire qui peut être utilisée de plusieurs façon selon le built. Exemple : Divest permet de discard un adversaire mais elle ne fait QUE ça. La remplacer par Pilfering Imp permet de jouer une créature / Avec une capacité d'évasion / Qui discard l'adversaire. Il sera donc beaucoup plus facile de lui trouver une place dans un deck.
Se méfier des cartes qui interagissent trop entres elles de façon situationnelles. Exemple, le cycle des cartes type Liliana's Triumph . La probabilité de se retrouver avec cette carte ET un planeswalker Liliana dans le même pack est à mon avis trop basse... Dans beaucoup de cas cette carte sera boudée car morte.
Si tu as du mal à trouver des archétypes, les principales bases de Magic feront une belle structure de départ :
- Des Kills et du Cimetière
- Du Boost de créatures et de la Ramp
- Du Blast et de la célérité
- Du Tempo et de la pioche
- De l'exile et du Lifelink.
De cette façon, l'utilisation de tes cartes golds découleront logiquement de ces bases.
- Méfie-toi également des cartes qui vendent du rève, mais qui n'ont pas réellement de cible dans le cube. Après avoir pioché cette carte hier et regardé ta liste verte, je me suis aperçu que Chord of Calling était quasiment une carte morte. En effet, avec ses trois , elle sera vraiment difficilement jouable dans une jeu autre que bicolor... Pourtant, elle est inintéressante pour aller chercher un Thon vert puisqu'il n'y en a pas dans la liste. Idem pour les Deadeye Plunderers qui seront beaucoup trop compliqué à optimiser dans un cube qui comporte uniquement une quinzaine d'artefacts.
Voilà :) Il me tarde de rejouer ce pack en tout cas !
Xica on Janky Combo
1 week ago
Seems like deck that could be plausibly good in pauper, imho modern has just too many ways to interact with you at instant speed even if you draw Lightning Greaves , or simply outright ignore it via stuff like Geth's Verdict , Liliana's Triumph (will likely rise in popularity as it catches boggles even through Leyline of Sanctity ), and the like...
...meanwhile at common there are a gazillion Eldrazi Spawn token generators, stuff like Emrakul's Hatcher , Awakening Zone ...etc. If any new cheap changelings come out in red or green, that means pauper is reap for a new deck.
1 week ago
(This is the guy from Ron's Comic World)
My first suggestion is to adjust your mana base to address the cost-differences between your colors. According to the graph, over half your colored costs are green costs. Adding more Forest s and fewer plains/ Swamp s may be helpful.
My second suggestion concerns dorks. One-mana creatures that provide you with mana are gas from turn one; adding Llanowar Elves , Fyndhorn Elves , Elves of Deep Shadow , Avacyn's Pilgrim , Elvish Mystic and Deathrite Shaman could all accelerate your deck significantly. If you choose to run a dork like Arbor Elf , Utopia Sprawl and Wild Growth also become significantly better. Putting in the creature acceleration should allow you to cut 2-3 lands from your final list, as well as making a card like Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip better.
Regarding card draw: The majority of EDH games are decided by card advantage. Mentor of the Meek is worth considering, especially if you choose to run the mana dorks I mentioned above. Slate of Ancestry is pretty good if you poop out a load of creatures with cards like Mycoloth . Harmonize , Grim Flowering , Ambition's Cost and Painful Truths are all good one-shot methods to recoup card advantage; Twilight Prophet is good in addition to your Phyrexian Arena .
Being Abzan, you have access to a bunch of cards most opponents will hate. Gaddock Teeg is a great way to hold off opposing board wipes, as it turns off Damnation , Wrath of God , Supreme Verdict , Blasphemous Act and the like. Aven Mindcensor hoses some decks, and makes your Path to Exile better. Thalia, Guardian of Thraben , Glowrider and Vryn Wingmare are all good if your deck can produce excess mana. Alms Collector is good for hating on mass-draw combo decks.
I see a lot of one-for-ones in your list. In EDH, you're facing 2-4 opponents, and therefore that many more cards. Things like Mortify and Putrefy are good, but they are not great; I suggest running more two-for-ones. Ashes to Ashes , Grasp of Fate , Back to Nature , Liliana's Triumph (if you're not facing dork-heavy decks), and Syphon Mind are all good options. Swords to Plowshares is one of the few one-for-ones I think is really good in EDH, if only because it's so flippin' efficient.
I don't think Massacre Girl is a good card; something like Wrath of God , Toxic Deluge or Damnation may be better. Merciless Eviction is good, but being six mana may be relatively detrimental. If you want, Cataclysm is a... good card. Though you may, if you have a significant conscience, consider not running it.
Demonic Tutor , which you run, is the gold standard, but cards like Eladamri's Call are good too. Green Sun's Zenith may be helpful, especially if you run Dryad Arbor to fetch turn one, and GSZ can grab your Reclamation Sage if you need it. Similarly, you may want to consider Finale of Devastation and Chord of Calling are options, and Bane of Progress is another good target.
Gavony Township is probably good in your list; choosing to run something like Knight of the Reliquary gives you access to it fast. Crop Rotation is another option. You could probably run 1 or 2 more utility lands like Blast Zone , Maze of Ith or Bojuka Bog to compliment this package.
Recovering from a boardwipe is hard in creature-decks. I suggest Second Sunrise or Faith's Reward , as these both negate the effect of Wrath effects on you while also being able to bounce back creatures you sacrificed earlier.
Walking Ballista may be helpful, if only because it can shoot blockers out of the way. Running it in conjunction with Basilisk Collar becomes pretty busted. Woodfall Primus , Puppeteer Clique , and Kitchen Finks are all good options, especially since -1/-1 counters cancel out with a +1/+1 counter. Running these with Ashnod's Altar or an added Viscera Seer makes their effects recur indefinitely. Pairing Woodfall Primus or Kitchen Finks with Cathars' Crusade can simply end the game.
Proliferate effects will be good here. I expect Evolution Sage would be busted in this deck, and Contagion Clasp / Contagion Engine are good, too. Sword of Truth and Justice (from Modern Horizons) is also worth running, though it may be hard-ish to get ahold of for the first few months after the set drops.
All of the cards in your 'Maybeboard' are worth running. If/when you get ahold of them, you should run them.
All the best, and good luck.
3 weeks ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
3 weeks ago
I have to wonder - FoF is a powerful card, but does it have any place in modern? It is too slow for modern for sure. Diabolic Edict would be nice, if they haven't just printed the strictly better Liliana's Triumph .
I am personally most excited for Exclude reprint.
However, Maro has said that the set is 80+% new cards, so there are not a lot of reprints as a whole.
1 month ago
Okay.... trimmed to 60.
Any and all help is welcome, Fire away.
1 month ago
Overall its a nice/ simple deck, I like it.
No data for this card yet.