Multikicker (You may pay an additional any number of times as you cast this spell.)
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
When Marshal's Anthem enters the battlefield, return up to X target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of times Marshal's Anthem was kicked.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , metalmagic|
|Want (2)||iluvbacon610 , GeorgeMirza|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Marshal's Anthem occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Marshal's Anthem Discussion
1 month ago
I really like Flickerform, Gift of Immortality, Ephemerate, and Conjurer's Closet with Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves. Great ways of protecting him and getting reuse out of his enter the battlefield (ETB) ability!
I also really like Sword of the Paruns. Tolsimir usually wants you to play lots of wolves so that you can use his ability. You can use Sword of the Paruns to boost your wolves on defense when they ETB and fight!
I would recommend maybe replacing Gods Willing, Blessed Breath, Realms Uncharted, Unexpectedly Absent, Inspire Awe, & Stand Firm with Make a Stand, Unbreakable Formation, Rootborn Defenses, Brave the Elements, Swords to Plowshares, & Path to Exile
Heraldic Banner fits the deck really well! Some other good cards in that vein would be Marshal's Anthem, Leonin Sun Standard, Adaptive Automaton, Spear of Heliod, or Vanquisher's Banner. You could replace Shriekhorn, Mindcrank, Conjurer's Bauble, Ghoulcaller's Bell, & Grindclock with the recommendations.
2 months ago
Adarkar Valkyrie, Angelic Renewal, Breath of Life, Cloudshift, Eerie Interlude, Dust Elemental, Ephemerate, Fleetfoot Panther, Flicker of Fate, Galepowder Mage, Ghostway, Gift of Immortality, Graceful Reprieve, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar, Jeskai Barricade, Justiciar's Portal, Legion's Initiative, Lifeline, Marshal's Anthem, Miraculous Recovery, Impact Tremors, Reincarnation, Resurrection, Wanderer's Strike, Sigil of the New Dawn, Rally the Ancestors, Whitemane Lion
4 months ago
Like the deck. Got a couple of suggestions.
I notice the curve falls away at 3 cmc and then spikes at 7. Obviously this increases the risk that you could get left with two or three 7-drops in hand and less than 7 mana on the board, which in Boros can be fatal.
The other Boros problem is that you get your (usually over-costed) stuff down, it gets wiped or removed before you can get a really decisive swing in and you struggle to reconstitute your boardstate.
So in the interests of flattening the curve and giving yourself more redundancy against wipes etc I recommend something simple like Remember the Fallen. I know Aurelia has haste, but to help out her friends (and because it is a flavor win) you might look at Fervor, which will make Neheb and Herald of War considerably more effective.
In terms of what to take out that is tougher. Personally for a start I would get rid of Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite because as good as it is, it is just generic goodstuff that is a bit of an angel flavor fail, and it kind of overloads your high-cmc end.
Anyway good luck and may all your combats be doubled!
5 months ago
7 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions, Gift of Estates is something that could really help in the deck and Marshal's Anthem is better than Dictate of Heliod because of the reanimation. The reason why Armageddon is in the deck is in case I did not use my Boros Charm yet to blow up everybody's land but mine since they would have indestructible, so it's kind of a troll. What would you replace for Faithless Looting or Thrill of Possibility ?
7 months ago
I think your deck could be improved if you included a few more value engines and/or tutors to get those engines. My problem with Mardu/Alesha generally is a lack of resources (cards and lands).
At a glance, the most important engine in your deck is Skullclamp . It's the card that makes your deck go off. Because of this, I think you should include things like Stoneforge Mystic , Steelshaper's Gift , Open the Armory , Enlightened Tutor , and Taj-Nar Swordsmith . Any of these would help to make your deck more consistent.
7 months ago
I’d add more mana ramp and some interaction to your deck. A bunch of double strike creatures won’t help if your opponent can consistently blow them up or make attacks not profitable.
As for mana ramp I would first get a Smothering Tithe and then just grabbing more low cmc mana rocks like Mind Stone , Prismatic Lens , and Marble Diamond could be good picks. A few others that I think would be good and pretty budget are Hedron Archive and Worn Powerstone
You will also want some card draw so you can dig into your deck a bit. Endless Atlas and Mind's Eye are both decent card draw options that you could use another that I use in my land is Geier Reach Sanitarium and Mikokoro, Center of the Sea lastly The Immortal Sun will buff creatures, make your spells cost 1 less, and draw you cards.
Some last few additions I think would be good is Brave the Sands since having those double strike creatures able to block as well will be very beneficial. Since your deck is very creature heavy I would include some instant speed spells to protect you from board wipes like Make a Stand , Eerie Interlude , Selfless Spirit , and possibly Teferi's Protection
True Conviction could be a nice substitute for your commander if the commander tax gets too high and gives your guys lifelink. Light from Within will give your creatures some really good boosts, Marshal's Anthem will help bring some creatures back and is an anthem effect, also Force of Virtue is a potentially free cast at instant speed for a team boost.
8 months ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)