Multikicker (You may pay an additional any number of times as you cast this spell.)
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
When Marshal's Anthem enters the battlefield, return up to X target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of times Marshal's Anthem was kicked.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price -3%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.17||$0.3||$1.09||$2.25||0.02 TIX||1.5 TIX|
|Have (11)||rockleemyhero , joshw335 , Conqueror_of_Thrones , dspot4lyf , Surferdunks , austinseesyou , Ashy , pskinn01 , adventfaith , jwe94 , Galdelonian|
|Want (3)||Wyldekarde , OverBite00 , jwe94|
Marshal's Anthem Discussion
5 days ago
There are a few angles to my suggestions:
- Add a little more reliability for Divine Intervention.
- Lower the overall curve of your deck to allow for smoother games.
- Make your mana better, because you don't have enough mana sources.
- Support a gradual draining sub-theme.
I'll suggest cards to cut that I think aren't that good or don't work well in the deck to make room.
- 2 Swamp - More land.
- Plains - Especially untapped land.
- Island - For the odd fetch.
- Austere Command - Three of the four modes are generally going to be great.
- Idyllic Tutor - Tutoring just what you need when you want to draw the game.
- Worn Powerstone - A ramp upgrade.
- Dimir Signet - Ramp and Fixing.
- Azorius Signet - And again.
- Orzhov Signet - The complete set.
- Grim Guardian - This will end up draining a decent amount.
- Leechridden Swamp - Pretty annoying for a low cost.
- Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath - The drain walker.
- Thrull Parasite - It's only one counter removal, but that can be enough. Besides, it Extorts too.
- Wound Reflection - A damage doubler for everyone but you.
- Treasury Thrull - Extort plus recursion.
- Phyrexian Arena - Fetchable card draw.
- Underworld Connections - And even more.
- Arcane Sanctum - Better than some five colour lands you have.
- Terramorphic Expanse - Slow fetching is fine.
- Esper Panorama - More basic fetching.
- Darksteel Ingot - Just a small replacement.
- Damping Field - It's only really good against one deck in our meta. Better to have something more versatile.
- Dictate of Erebos - You have too few creatures for this.
- Enchanted Evening - I see the full board wipe idea, but it's too dangerous and unreliable when you use so many enchantments.
- Equinox - You don't really have lands that scream, "Kill me," so this isn't needed.
- Force Bubble - This is likely to stop just one attack. Better to have a fog.
- Blood Reckoning - You have another effect like this, and I don't think you want two. And the other is fetchable, so this one gets cut.
- Kismet - This one is okay, but I want to shift that mana curve peak from 4 to 3.
- Marshal's Anthem - Just not enough creatures.
- Reverence - I think this is just going to be too narrow.
- Serenity - More likely to kill you than most opponents.
- Terra Eternal - Same reasoning as Equinox.
- Ur-Golem's Eye - Cutting for a more efficient option.
- Shadows of the Past - Just too few creatures.
- Aegis Angel - Not really going to protect anything important all that conveniently.
- Rupture Spire - Can do better.
- Transguild Promenade - So much better.
- Unknown Shores - Just replaced again.
- Hedonist's Trove - It's entertaining, but your deck isn't made to take advantage of it.
- Everglades - Trying to make your mana faster.
- Karoo - Here too.
- Chromatic Lantern - You only need to cast your commander with blue, so I replaced this one to save you a little cash.
- Chancellor of the Annex - It comes pretty late for this effect, and I needed one more cut.
6 days ago
So I brought in the greaves & Iona. Both saw play last night. As usual, Iona brought the salt. Lol.
So I showed up late last night, after Marchesa made for a rough night (I'm usually burning resources to keep her in check). Well the player of Marchesa had changed over to Mizzix of the Izmagnus. The deck is known to go Enter the Infinite+Laboratory Maniac. Ok, long story short, I had a Quicksilver Amulet out, cheating in Iona, Shield of Emeria, naming Blue. That shut down Mizz, Riku & Horde. Followed that up with Sword of Fire and Ice. Already had Eight-and-a-Half-Tails, with the greaves. I equipped the sword to Iona, and began attacking Mizz. He already had Tamiyo, the Moon Sage on board, so I was shocking her w the sword.
Well, now these guys decided I was the big bad guy. Forgetting my deck has to work for the win & Mizz will pull it out of his ass. Horde pulls Desert Twister, gets all excited & says he's going to blow up Iona! I responded with a laugh & said, "Nope!" Tapped 3, turned the spell white with 8's ability, then giving Iona protection. "That's bullshit! Screw it, I'm done. I'm going home...." I couldn't help but laugh about it... He could have took back the spell (yes, we allow that).
After he left the guys said his deck wasn't doing shit all night. Riku & Mizz agreed to just scoop. The "new" guy, playing Teysa, Orzhov Scion was looking at them like a bunch of quitters :D I told him it's understandable as I had a pretty strong board state.
Next game - Mizz auto wins. Basically he sat there drawing cards. Zur Grasp of Fate's my Gauntlet of Power & I couldn't draw 6th land for shit. Mizz pulls off an Epic Experiment for 20, getting Enter the Infinite. Lab Man was still in the deck, so that's was that.
Iona has to stay tho. I need to have ways to deal with Marchesa, even if it is unfun. It's unfun when 1 deck gets to pull off too much shit and easily gets around spot removal & board wipes. Now I need to figure out where to slide in It & RIP. I'm thinking probably pull Marshal's Anthem for RIP.
1 week ago
- Angel's Grace if you don't have anything to combo out with it
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth you have no ramp and wanna play kozilek... your funny
- Magma Phoenix Not a fan :(
- Spark Trooper is garbage in EDH...
- Vengeful Archon I don't even under stand...
- Jareth, Leonine Titan too much white honestly, don't see it consistently coming out, but I need one for lindsy
Cards/Combos you should consider putting in
- + *
- + *
- + *
- + *
- + + *
- + *
- + + *
- Flameshadow Conjuring* plus any creature
- + *
- + * Really like the Elemental here
- Scourge of Geier Reach* really like this
And if your REALLY want to be an asshole, Grafted Exoskeleton, but just know if goes in your deck I will infinitely kill you with Daretti
2 weeks ago
Since dumping auras into your graveyard is more effective mana-wise than drawing cards, I like self-milling with Bruna to get your auras, with things like Traumatize, Tunnel Vision (really fun after a Temple of Enlightenment scry), Mesmeric Orb, etc... Then you can run some white reanimate stuff like Marshal's Anthem, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Emeria Shepherd, Defy Death, etc... And some graveyard shufflers like Elixir of Immortality or Feldon's Cane.
You probably also want more auras in here.
I would also recommend adding plenty of the umbras, since Bruna is often difficult to target once she's online, but vulnerable to wipe.
Check out my deck list if you like: Brunettes Have More Fun. Bruna is a fun commander. Don't be surprised if you attract the hate from turn 1 on.
2 weeks ago
Esto se va...
3 weeks ago
Need to swap your commander to something else. Maybe Dromoka, the Eternal?
To Consider: (Just cards that fit your budget that might be worthwhile to think about putting in).
1 month ago
Just adding to what royalcrown28, the original Anthem, where the term started, was Glorious Anthem. Now, any mass pump enchantment, not just ones that cost 3, are called anthems. Examples are Gaea's Anthem, Collective Blessing, and Marshal's Anthem.