Multikicker 1,W (You may pay an additional 1,W any number of times as you cast this spell.)
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
When Marshal's Anthem enters the battlefield, return up to X target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of times Marshal's Anthem was kicked.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.11||$0.29||$0.75||$2.18||0.03 TIX||1.5 TIX|
|Have (23)||pskinn01 , jwe94 , Nate_D , nemesis101 , drduck1990 , Raistlin911822 , deatn1342 , TrystonSpencer , rockleemyhero , rexxxif , Surferdunks , 8vomit , insertcleverid , BlackLusterLotus , Jay , -x-Juuzou-x-x- , x754 , TheHroth , gyro2117 , CookieJedi , Seraphicate , Tiddilywinkus , SuperAshura|
|Want (3)||goodair , djbalestra , blackknight1239|
Marshal's Anthem Discussion
5 days ago
Don't get me wrong, I love that brutally quick, boros beatdown style of EDH but I think you need to tighten up the list here.
Ramp is the big issue here, cards like Land Tax, Tithe, Knight of the White Orchid, Burnished Hart and Weathered Wayfarer could help you find lands, and maybe a few more rocks, Darksteel Ingot, Coalition Relic and even Chromatic Lantern would get you to powerful turns early.
You could probably drop some of the more weenie guys from the list too, Longbow Archer, Akroan Hoplite, True Believer and Truefire Paladin dont seem to be worth the card slots. Mentor of the Meek can help solve Boros' lack of draw, and with the amount of 1/1s you can pump out, Skullclamp is gold.
I bet a Ogre Battledriver could slot in the place of Soltari Guerrillas. How about Assemble the Legion over Glory of Warfare? Jazal Goldmane could function as a finisher once you reach a critical mass of tokens, as could Mirror Entity. Sublime Archangel usually helps wreck face, and a Archangel of Thune could fill Exalted Angel's boots.
I think a few more non-creature cards wouldn't go astray either. Oblation, Crib Swap, Condemn, Return to Dust, Disenchant, Austere Command and Wrath of God are all nice answers to have around; you wont always come out of the gates fast enough to just beat down, and not being able to deal with cards like Propaganda or Mirari's Wake will hamper your ability to smashy-smashy.
I think an equipment package would be of great benefit too, but we can sort that out later.
1 week ago
Marshal's Anthem is the only thing that comes even somewhat close in my opinion, but I don't play modern.
1 week ago
Some good cards for white "mana-ramp" (ie making sure you have land each turn) are Endless Horizons, Knight of the White Orchid, Weathered Wayfarer. They'll 1) help you thin your deck out and 2) let you keep lands in your hand.
It's a pretty good start so far!
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I think I have a couple recommendations. Aura Shards because it just makes sense. Marshal's Anthem is nice for late game recovery and it's cheap both in your pocket and CMC. Sunblast Angel is great removal. The combo of Deadeye Navigator and Stonehorn Dignitary is frustrating. Thragtusk is nice to have. Finally, the most fun combo I've found so far is Roon with Mangara of Corondor. Tagging Mangara with Roon's ETB allow him to be bounced before Mangara is removed from the game. Gave you a +1 and if you want to check out mine, it's Bound and Overwatch
1 month ago
This is a budget version of my Ghave build. It tries to keep as many of the efficient combo pieces, but subs out some of the goodstuff for cheaper (monetarily) alternatives.
This deck relies on a lot of small two- or three- card (finite) combos to generate tons of +1/+1 counters and creatures, and uses Ghave to switch between the two. The various pump effects allow a token-based kill, but killing with a gigantic Ghave works just as well.
Cards fall into several categories:
- +1/+1 Counter Generation: Champion of Lambholt, Corpsejack Menace, Cytoplast Root-Kin, Golgari Guildmage, Ivy Lane Denizen, Juniper Order Ranger, Lumberknot, Renegade Krasis, Twilight Drover; Cathars' Crusade, Doubling Season; Blade of the Bloodchief, Contagion Engine; Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
- Token Generation: Selesnya Guildmage; Sprout Swarm
- Anthem Effects:Beastmaster Ascension, Intangible Virtue, Marshal's Anthem; Mirari's Wake; Coat of Arms, Hall of Triumph, Sword of the Paruns; Garruk Wildspeaker
- Recursion: Cadaver Imp, Deadwood Treefolk, Eternal Witness, Sun Titan; Marshal's Anthem.
- Removal: These are more obvious - of note are Woodfall Primus, Butcher of Malakir, Dictate of Erebos, and Aura Shards. Glare of Subdual works as pseudo-removal since this is a token-heavy build.
- Mana Acceleration: Also pretty obvious. Of note are Gyre Sage and Mirari's Wake.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + "enter the battlefield" counter generation (Champion of Lambholt, Corpsejack Menace, Ivy Lane Denizen, Juniper Order Ranger, or Cathars' Crusade)
- When the creature comes into play, put a +1/+1 counter on the relevant card; then pay (1) and remove that counter to put a token into play; repeat.
- Net result is (1): Put a 1/1 Saproling onto the battlefield.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + death-trigger counter generation (Lumberknot, Twilight Drover, or Blade of the Bloodchief)
- Pay (1) and sacrifice a creature, putting a +1/+1 on the relevant creature AND a +1/+1 counter on the target creature; pay (1) and remove a +1/+1 counter to make a token; repeat.
- Net result is (2): Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature (and trigger any death triggers (e.g. Dictate of Erebos, Falkenrath Noble)
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Woodfall Primus + "enter the battlefield" counter generation (Cathars' Crusade, Ivy Lane Denizen, Juniper Order Ranger)
- Pay (1) and sacrifice Deadwood Treefolk, putting a +1/+1 counter on something; ST's persist ability triggers, returning it to the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter; the counter generator's ability triggers, putting a +1/+1 counter on WP (cancelling the -1/-1, leaving it with no counters) AND WP's "enter the battlefield" ability triggers, destroying a noncreature permanent.
- Net result is (2): Destroy target noncreature permanent and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
- Gyre Sage (with 4 or more +1/+1 counters) + Sword of the Paruns
- Tap Gyre Sage for mana; spend (3) to untap Gyre Sage; repeat. As long as GS has at least four counters, you'll net at least 1 mana each time.
While Ghave is involved in most of the combos, this deck can win even if you don't have him. The inherent synergies between the tokens, counter generation, and anthem effects is REALLY strong.
Intentional Inclusion/Exclusion Choices:
- Swiftfoot Boots > Lightning Greaves: Hexproof is MUCH better than shroud in this deck, because you often want to put counters on the equipped creature.
- Dictate of Erebos > Grave Pact: It's too hard to hit (B)(B)(B) reliably; DoE is with worth the extra mana for the ability to cast it most of the time.
- Burnished Hart > Yavimaya Elder: The options are roughly (3)+(3) to put two lands into play tapped, or (1)(G)(G)+(2) to get two lands into your hand and draw a card. I ran into issues with [a] not getting (G)(G) early enough, ideally turn 3, and [b] not getting acceleration from YE since the lands go into your hand.
1 month ago
With your tokens, I'd recommend anthem effects, like Dictate of Heliod, Spear of Heliod,and Marshal's Anthem. The archetypes from Born of the Gods that are in mardu colors all work really well together (Archetype of Courage, Archetype of Aggression, and Archetype of Finality for reference. Finality is insane with Alesha btw). Urbis Protector makes a high power token and can be easily recurred, and the white splicers from New Phyrexia (Master Splicer, Blade Splicer, and Sensor Splicer) are solid token generators as well. Custodi Soulbinders is a fantastic card for token decks, as it gets stronger with each creature in play (all creatures, not just your own), it makes more tokens, and it can be recurred.
If you are able to keep your tokens at power 2 or less, Raid Bombardment deals a lot of damage quickly.