|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Common|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
When Oblivion Ring enters the battlefield, exile another target nonland permanent.
When Oblivion Ring leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
|Have (4)||rockleemyhero , Blue_Flame , Taki117 ,|
|Want (11)||flabtastic41 , Foxsoldier , ausername , ConnorBlegen , emobob , mattsfatt , Carn13 , johanahleliasson , Zarathustra77 , Cptcrispo , JohanDaFaff|
Oblivion Ring Discussion
5 days ago
Nice reply, and i agree with most of what you’ve said. I’m also someone who would rather brew than netdeck. I think a lot of my “lifegain” gripes come from introducing players to magic and seeing them overvaluing the mechanic, leading to a long line of “bad decks” until they work out that life totals don’t represent who’s ahead.
You mention my vagueness in suggestions thus far, and i do agree - i’ve been waiting to hear from EpoH to see what they actually want this deck to do.
If i were to make an actual suggestion of deck changes, it’s be:
-4 Felidar Sovereign
-1 Serra Avatar
-2 Elixir of Immortality
-4 Sunbeam Spellbomb
-2 Rest for the Weary
-4 Chaplain's Blessing
-2 Sunspring Expedition
+4 Soul Warden
This removes a lot of the “pointless” lifegain cards, while still offering a lot of life for the Pridemate. It lets you actually interact with your opponent (the Ring), and Murder Investigations help you safeguard a bulky Pridemate. But this would make a completely different deck, and might not be what EpoH is after (hence my hesitation to suggest anything)
1 week ago
ChibiNature I pulled Red Elemental Blast to put in Return to Dust against Zur's enchantments and send my Sunforger into a prison (See Oblivion Ring ). I kept Pyroblast for the Atraxa, Praetors' Voice deck because fuck blue.
I kept Basalt Monolith because I'm not baller like you and have Grim Monolith and Mox Diamond . But the number of times that Basalt Monolith helped is quite high. Basically I have Basalt Monolith and two other mana rocks that give colored mana and i'm ready to tutor for Paradox Engine and Aetherflux Reservoir . Going infinite with colorless mana is almost unhelpful in this Feather deck.
How would you feel about Intimidation Bolt in this deck?
1 week ago
Leonin Relic-Warder can serve as one piece, thereby triggering all your creature etb triggers along the way. (Which totally works with Journey to Nowhere and an Oblivion Ring but I'd switch the journey to oblivion for the versatility.
1 week ago
Celestial Flare for hexproof Maybe take a couple journey out for Oblivion Ring and throw an Aura Fracture in the sb for tortex /hexproof/ MBC also a few Kabira Crossroads to slow down burn especially since you already have bounce lands
2 weeks ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
2 weeks ago
Gleam of Battle for Lightmine Field -a 6 cost enchant should really do more then this, u want it to really effect the board. this enchant does that!. i will warn you when considering this one, it screws you over bad if someone keeps killing your commander, but hes pretty hard to remove..
Hyena Umbra for Legion's Initiative , if your lookin for a little buff for ur junior guys this card here will help all of them! and its second ability i believe will save your men from a boardwipe, or u other combat tricks like block then sac it and they will return while still blocking trampless creatures!
in my last post about land i missed Sacred Foundry which is expensive but was just reprinted and will only go up in price. very excellent upgrade.
2 weeks ago
Ajani, Caller of the Pride , Blessed Alliance , Ajani's Pridemate , Qasali Pridemage , Chalice of Life Flip, Beast Within , Oblivion Ring , Journey to Nowhere , Oppressive Rays , Always Watching / Brave the Sands (vigilance is awesome with Pride Sovereign )
2 weeks ago
I was getting pretty upset last week, when I saw God-Eternal Kefnet and Jace, Wielder of Mysteries then I saw the Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead , I abuse him with Oblivion Ring in other decks, Brago, the Banisher $50 EDH with Reveillark and Alesha, Boros' Crusade $50 EDH with Fiend Hunter , but this one BLEW my mind, it's so simple, good on it's own, and doesn't need any off-synergy cards!
Sounds like your having great success with this type of build! When T2-T4 good ol' Buried Alive is the back-up plan, in pretty good shape. He's the Master of Cruelties should never show mercy! If they winning on T7 that's pretty good too, no fun in dragging the game out past T5!
Agreed Hatred is just too much of a life commitment, even when casting it on a Lifelink creature, the initial burden of life is too much, Leonin Relic-Warder is far more value as an alternative win-con! I always find it strange that people fear Kaalia of the Vast , sit down at table with Kess, Dissident Mage , Prossh, Skyraider of Kher , and Derevi, Empyrial Tactician , it's wrong evaluation that Kaalia of the Vast is the highest threat, even if I resolve a Avacyn, Angel of Hope early.
Sneak Attack doesn't get me a Buried Alive so it's not as useful, in many cases (without a Razaketh, the Foulblooded or Rune-Scarred Demon ) for example. Sneak Attack needs other synergistic cards to be truly effective (unless you have a Razaketh, the Foulblooded )
Oblivion Ring occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%