|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Soldier
Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
When Sergeant-at-Arms enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, create two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
3 weeks ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
I'm working on a similar deck at the moment, and I like this for the most part. Surprised to see Sergeant-at-Arms in the deck though, it's pretty low-impact for the mana cost. Like, it's just straight up bad if it isn't kicked, and if you plan to kick it every time you could just use Captain's Call to save yourself 2 mana to get just as many creatures and only lose out on 1 point of power.
6 months ago
Looks like a fun deck! A few things, you're really going to want to address the mana base, you're heavier on the white than green, so I'd run more white sources than green. Lands like Horizon Canopy, Fortified Village, and Temple of Plenty are great budget lands. Since you're running 6 drops, I would strongly recommend going up to 24 lands as well.
Some soldiers to consider would be
Thraben Inspector, great stats for the cost and the clue lets you replace her whenever you need to.
Thraben Standard Bearer, which just lets you turn dead cards into soldiers.
Thalia, Heretic Cathar Fantastic soldier that can mess up your opponents plans and let you win.
Sergeant-at-Arms the versatility this guy offers is very nice.
Archetype of Courage is a kind of pseudo-lord
Sunblade Elf A cheap soldier that turns into an anthem later in the game
Bishop of Rebirth while not a soldier, allows you to return your dead soldiers to life
Other cards to consider
Elspeth, Sun's Champion a bit pricey, but an incredible game ender
Elspeth, Knight-Errant the Sun's Champion's little sister
Declaration in Stone Removal is pretty important to staying alive and winning the game.
Ulvenwald Mysteries A card that punishes your opponent for killing your dudes and refills your board
Harmonize Straight up card draw
Heroic Intervention Save your dudes
Ajani Unyielding His plus will almost always get you at least one thing, and his other two abilities are good too
Hope this was a little helpful
7 months ago
Hello everyone! Did this for Rivals of Ixalan and had a lot of fun, so here's my line up for the best art and flavor text from Dominaria! Enjoy!
My #1 favorite art. Nothing beats the confident, satisfied posture and face of a drop-dead gorgeous woman. I am easily distracted by shiny things.The lighting and shadow work is great here!This one really spoke to me. It's so somber, and a great callback to Teferi's Protection.This one really feels like a classic painting. The way the clouds frame the Knight is awesome!Gift of Orzhova 2.0! Beautiful! Here's the first Saga art. Was tempted to put all of them because they're all great. This one is my favorite. This one is just so cool. Another Saga, love how futuristic and yet ancient this feels. Looks like Teferi is blasting a fireball away with... a glass cocoon? Awesome!I love removal art... seeing stuff in the middle of being destroyed is sweet! More saga! Love the darkened face of Bolas and how swirly and loose it feels!Joseph Meehan made gore look beautiful. Love the Phyrexian text. I'm biased because I got a foil version... It's great.I like the lighting of this piece. I like the feeling of the Knight being enclosed by the forest.
My favorite is Zhalfirin Void, but Short Sword, Damping Sphere, Slimefoot, the Stowaway, Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain, Sergeant-at-Arms, Syncopate, Eviscerate, Dub(the whole card is pure flavor), Fire Elemental, Orcish Vandal, Yargle, Glutton of Urborg, Squee, the Immortal are all great too!
All in all, I think Dominaria has had some of the best art in years, and the Saga portrait art frame is an interesting and very cool twist.
I probably have stalked enough. Let me know what your favorite art and flavor text was from Dominaria!
7 months ago
Take out the following:
7 months ago
For starters, this looks like a fun deck to play. Swarming the board with tokens is always an exciting strategy. I find myself agreeing with ZendikariWol though about swapping commanders. This kind of deck would probably prefer a commander that costs less than 7 because that's a lot.
Also, your mana curve is rather high. Lowering it means you'll have more to play on earlier turns more often.
Here are some cards I might recommend adding:
- Conqueror's Pledge - I heard you liked soldiers
- Captain's Call or Cenn's Enlistment - similar effects, one has more upfront tokens but the other you can cast repeatedly.
- Hero of Bladehold - not a soldier herself but brings friends and buffs all attackers
- Teferi's Protection - token decks are weak to boardwipes. This phases you and all your permanents out of existence letting your token army dodge the removal. Obviously this is expensive, so I think it would depend on your meta
- Sergeant-at-Arms - Makes one soldier early game. Makes 3 soldiers late game
- Daru Warchief - buffs and discounts
- Field Marshal - buffs and first strike
- Veteran's Armaments - essentially a 0 equip cost
Here are some cards I might recommend removing:
- Planar Portal - wow, 12 mana tutor. That's a lot of mana. And you do have Citanul Flute which is similar
- Angelic Arbiter - this prevents you from casting something like Mobilization and then capitalizing on it
- Herald of War - not a soldier, doesn't buff all your non-human soldiers
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch - lots of mana, $5
- Requiem Angel - also not a soldier. Though the tokens are nice, they aren't soldiers, to be fair
- Weathered Wayfarer - I know white doesn't have tons of options for this kind of thing, but this is $14 and seems rather out of place.