|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Krark-Clan Ironworks + Sword of the Meek + Thopter Foundry
- Ashnod's Altar + Sword of the Meek + Thopter Foundry
Sword of the Meek
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+2.
Whenever a 1/1 creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may return Sword of the Meek from your graveyard to play, then attach it to that creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||LaKU , HydraOoze , abby315 , , tragic_slip , ThatJaceWannabe , Antiat , DevoidMage , jrschnoebelen , TheDuggernaught , cklise|
|Want (3)||BlueMageBrandon , Dadaman11 , Mousemke|
Sword of the Meek Discussion
11 hours ago
grizzlyman2001 That combo works, you sac Sword of the Meek to Thopter Foundry to get a 1/1 Thopter, which brings back Sword of the Meek. Then, you can sacrifice the Thopter to Krark-Clan Ironworks to get two colorless mana, which you can then use to loop Sword of the Meek and Thopter Foundry twice, yielding two 1/1 Thopters. Then, you sacrifice those Thopters to produce four colorless mana to use in repeating the combo indefinitely. After you have produced enough colorless mana to suit your needs, you can cut out the Krark-Clan Ironworks to simply produce infinite Thopters.
6 days ago
Personally I use Codex Shredder as one of my backup win conditions. It's graveyard recursion which in turn can be recurred with Salvagers (man that card is good) and with either a Paradox Engine loop or Dramatic Scepter can be used to mill each opponent.
I also sport Thopter Foundry + Sword of the Meek. It's a bit janky but I like the package. Plus my meta can be a bit more creature heavy so it helps to counter that. Plus the inherent synergy with Tymna the Weaver is a nice bonus. The lifegain also helps with stuff like Necropotence and Thopter Foundry gives Bloom Tender the other 4 colours for 2 mana. And Thopter Foundry an be paired with either Mana Crypt or Mana Vault + Auriok Salvagers to make a thopter for , or Sol Ring for . As I said, a bit janky but still does enough work.
1 week ago
If you're looking to add a little more consistency to your ability to go infinite, there are a few options:
- Nim Deathmantle is basically a second copy of Eldrazi Displacer that you can fetch with Fabricate.
- Ashnod's Altar / Krark-Clan Ironworks go infinite with Displacer/Deathmantle and Breya. They don't give you the infinite colored mana to steal the entire board with Memnarch, but the whole combo is fetchable with Saheeli.
- If you're running Pia's Revolution, it may be worth running Thopter Foundry / Sword of the Meek.
- You have the Sharuum + Sculpting Steel / Metamorph combo, but no payoffs. Those cards are an instant win with Blood Artist or Disciple of the Vault.
- Not sure what your budget is, but if you're running Disk/Forge already, you might consider Mycosynth Lattice / Vandalblast.
In terms of possible cuts:
- As weird as it sounds, Deadeye Navigator is a little awkward in Breya. You're 4-color, so the blue in its activation cost ends up being really awkward. It's not bad, but Breya is so packed with broken options that Deadeye ends up not actually being one of the best things you can do with 8 mana (casting cost + first activation).
- Training Grounds is probably worth watching. It seems right on the borderline.
- Hangarback Walker is likely going to end up a little awkward. You have a lot of recursion that puts things directly in to play, which it doesn't work with at all. It's also kind of slow. If you're looking to generate thopters, something like Thopter Spy Network might actually do more work.
- Vedalken Orrery is probably one to watch as well. Playing at instant speed is fun, but given that you're not running any counters or draw spells, it's largely just giving a modest amount of board protection. In most cases, you're probably not flashing in your whole combo, and if you lose a piece, there's tons of graveyard recursion. Might actually be better to just run 1-2 counterspells.
3 weeks ago
You could use the Sword of the Meek plus Thopter Foundry combo from modern in this deck too, I do like the potential to take infinite turns turn 2 though. Maybe use Lotus Petal to try for turn 1 infinite turns.
3 weeks ago
Have you thought about included Thopter combo in the deck. Using Thopter Foundry and Sword of the Meek to take infinite turns. Or even adding Krark-Clan Ironworks for infinite mana as well making the combo easier.
1 month ago
1 month ago
You have lots of one ofs in the deck, you don't need one Day of Judgment, one Wrath of God and one Supreme Verdict, when they are all pretty similar, my favorite of the three is Supreme Verdict so I would up the count on those and cut the others. I would also cut Sword of the Meek and Thopter Foundry. I might be missing something but I'm not seeing how you plan on getting green mana for Terastodon in the side. some cards you could try are some gideons or Detention Sphere. It's a cool deck, I like the idea of running gifts in the control!