|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic (DDC)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Marble Diamond enters the battlefield tapped.
Tap: Add (White) to your mana pool.
Marble Diamond Discussion
2 hours ago
Hey have you thought about using the custom categories?
Sorting the deck via the purpose of the card and not just its default type makes improving the deck so much easier, When you can see exactly what numbers you have you know straight away if there's an area that needs work or what not.
even if right now you know exactly everything in the deck that will change over time, and being able to see why you put a card in a deck will make life easier, But especially if your asking people to look at it, Its a lot easier for someone who is unfamiliar with the deck to learn it and be able to offer insight..
I just had a look and it seems as if you you use them on your primer so I'd strongly recommend doing it here as well..
I'm not a life drain/gain player so I'm not sure on that front but Academy Rector is always a good option..youre running sac outlets and have some strong enchantments..
how come youre running such low ramp? Orzhov Signet Talisman of Hierarchy Fellwar Stone should be auto includes, there's also Marble Diamond Charcoal Diamond but theyre only 1 color, and come in tapped so a bit more niche..
and I cant tell but are you not running that much draw are you?
2 weeks ago
This is definitely a good first attempt. Some suggestions though would be to cut Fight with Fire , Fire Servant , Treasure Map Flip , Magus of the Wheel , Integrity / Intervention , Sword of the Animist , Dualcaster Mage , Fumigate , Sunbird's Invocation and Vessel of Endless Rest and swap them out for Blasphemous Act , Repercussion , Heartwarming Redemption , Mogg Maniac , Cathartic Reunion , Open the Armory , Marble Diamond , Boros Reckoner , Enlightened Tutor and Fire Diamond
3 weeks ago
Ramp: Boros Cluestone , Boros Keyrune , Boros Locket , Boros Signet , Sol Ring , Fire Diamond , Marble Diamond , Commander's Sphere , Wayfarer's Bauble , Mind Stone , Corrupted Grafstone , Star Compass , Fellwar Stone , Coldsteel Heart , Worn Powerstone , Prismatic Lens , Burnished Hart , Solemn Simulacrum
1 month ago
VaalVanir Casting Magnetic Theft in that instance would gain you 4 life. The only spells cast that turn were Enlightened Tutor , Bandage , Aetherflux Reservoir and Magnetic Theft . So when Magnetic Theft is cast, the storm counters goes to 4, and when it resolves you will gain 4 life.
TwinStags Springleaf Drum is an OK budget option since it untaps with Paradox Engine but I wouldn't go for Paradise Mantle . Some other budget inclusions for mana rocks are Gilded Lotus , Thran Dynamo , Prismatic Lens , Commander's Sphere , Fire Diamond , Marble Diamond or Mox Amber
1 month ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
1 month ago
Here ya go, Derrick,
Where is Gamble
Ramp or extra mana
Fellwar Stone , Fire Diamond , Marble Diamond , MindStone, Sword of the Animist , Thought Vessel , Hardened Berserker , Treasonous Ogre , Neheb, the Eternal , Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion Desperate Ritual , Pyretic Ritual , Seething Song ,
Target spells that are dope
Coordinated Assault , Enrage , Otherworldly Outburst is cool and you can loop it if the creature you buff dies making a token, Samut's Sprint , Titan's Strength , Accelerate , Aleatory , Chaotic Strike , Stun , Niveous Wisps , Carom , Formation gives banding which is spicy, Spiritualize , Stave Off , Bathe in Light , Feat of Resistance , Chaos Warp target tokens to get permanets from your deck for free, and is good removal.
Heroic/Prowess Creatures cuz value
these are some cards I think you should look at, don't need all and some might not fit exactly but if you like them then put them in. Cut some lands you can go down to 34 if you add in more artifacts, which go great with paradox engine.
Cards I think you should replace: Emerge Unscathed rebound fucks with your commander it exiles them not letting you put them back into your hand; Aurelia's Fury really expensive to get any good use out of it, or if you want protection during your turns run Grand Abolisher or Silence ; Expose Evil is too slow of a draw engine Mentor of the Meek with the tokens you make is better for drawing; Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum are meh, better to go with artifact ramp that can feed the paradox plan, plus artifact ramp is cheaper and faster; speaking of artifacts Boros Cluestone and Boros Keyrune are good flavor options but aren't that good as other artifacts; Inferno Titan and Sun Titan are good creatures but don't fit into the game plan as well better to put things that help with the gameplan.
2 months ago
Minor improvements, your rocks make a lot of colorless mana. Most of your spells are one or two mana, and don't use much or any colorless mana. Replace them with Marble Diamond or Fire Diamond or something similar because I am sure you will find Thran Dynamo will not be as useful as you want.
You included some odd choices for protection. Apostle's Blessing >> Faith's Shield or Blessed Breath unless you really think protection from artifacts will be relevant.( Bathe in Light is also good in it's own way)
A Fun add is Intimidation Bolt . Hit you own creature and you can't be attacked for the rest of your game as long as you have 3xplayers mana. (oh look Feather, the Redeemed is a 3/4, and will live from that ;) )
4 months ago
THE most important card in Olric is Concerted Effort . Gotta have that redundancy for a commander-theme heavy deck.
In terms of "eating your vegetables," this deck really needs ramp and card draw. Marble Diamond , Knight of the White Orchid (goes well with the knight stuff I mention below, Mentor of the Meek , Mind Stone , Endless Atlas , Alms Collector , Sword of the Animist , Emeria, The Sky Ruin , Solemn Simulacrum , Boreas Charger , and Isolated Watchtower would all be good, here.
I would cut a lot of the first strike and add in more double-strikers. If you have both, first strike is useless to share. Arashin Foremost is cheap, and it's serviceable, even without the tribal synergy. Aven Sunstriker , Sylvia Brightspear , and Skyhunter Skirmisher come with flying. Silverblade Paladin can get you attacking the turn before Odric comes out. Solemn Recruit is nothing special, but it beats Master at Arms, at least.
Mirran Crusader would be one of the more expensive cards in your deck, but it's very good, and it's a knight, in case you want to add in some knight synergies, since you're heavy on the tribe. Kinsbaile Cavalier would be the best choice to support that, kind of as a backup Odric, although Valiant Knight is also pretty okay. In fact, I really like Heavenly Blademaster with Odric, too, so I wouldn't hesitate to go all in. Also, Gallant Cavalry , Call the Cavalry , and Righteous Confluence all start doing some major work by adding vigilance and making 4/2's once you account for double strike.
In terms of keyword soup, Zetalpa, Primal Dawn is good. Same for Akroma, Angel of Wrath . That one is a bit expensive, but haste is hard to come by in mono-white. I could say the same for Lightning Greaves , or at least Swiftfoot Boots . Riftmarked Knight could also have a place if you go knight tribal. I suppose Sword of Vengeance could also be okay? Deathtouch is very hard to come by in mono white, although if you've got a little extra in your budget, Basilisk Collar is very good with first/double strike and gives lifelink, to boot.
Marble Diamond occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%