|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Escalate 2 (Pay this cost for each mode chosen beyond the first.)
Choose one or more -
Target player gains 4 life.
Untap up to two target creatures.
target opponent sacrifices an attacking creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Skulldrey , MouseyWolf , Sergal , pokemate0 , fireborne1986 , Falte , GeminiSpartanX , abby315 , Psycheretic , Big-Foot , TheRealPeaches , tlhunter07|
|Want (3)||DimSpirit , AlertKnave8075 , TheAnnihilator|
Blessed Alliance Discussion
1 day ago
3 days ago
Ok, after everyone's comments, here are my thoughts ...
GOOD MATCH-UPS (Bant Knightfall, UW Control, GBx Midrange, Jeskai Control, Death's Shadow): Mainboard is fine; no sideboard slots needed.
- Ancient Grudge, if I end up using some number of Trinisphere too.
- Ancient Grudge + Shatterstorm, if I don't use Trin'
- Obstinate Baloth (putting one back into the main) and Kitchen Finks (in the side)
- Maybe some Trinisphere.
- The more I think about it, the more I think Beast Within is the key. Say an opponent casts Scapeshift and sacrifices 7 Lands to fetch 6 Mountains (basics and non-basics) and a Valakut. All the Lands enter simultaneously and 6 Valakut triggers go on the stack. With the triggers on the stack, I kill a Mountain. The trigger from that Mountain will resolve and I'll take 3 damage. But the triggers from the other 5 Mountains fizzle, since "the ability will do nothing if [my opponent controls] fewer than 5 Mountains other than that new one by the time it resolves" (source).
- Beast Within is also superb against a resolved Primeval Titan.
- I might be able to catch an inexperienced pilot with Crumble to Dust, but an experienced pilot will wait until the last second (i.e., fetching them with Scapeshift) to play their Valakut. Crumble may still be worthwhile though ... partly for free wins against less experienced pilots, but mostly because hitting Stomping Ground will leave most decks with only 10 Mountains ... depending on the board state, that will often not be enough for lethal.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Engineered Explosives and Reclamation Sage to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
ELDRAZI AND Gx TRON:
- I'm excited to try Crumble to Dust here.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Ratchet Bomb, Nature's Claim, etc. to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
- Beast Within for Devoted Druid and Vizier of Remedies
- Anger of the Gods, for everything else.
- For Counters CoCo: Druid and Vizier demand answers. Renegade Rallier and Eternal Witness makes Exile effects much better.
- For Valuetown CoCo: 7x Manadorks, Ramunap Excavator, and Knight of the Reliquary complicate the Land Destruction plan.
- As with any White deck, I need to watch out for Blessed Alliance post-board. Burrenton Forge-Tender, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Reclamation Sage and Qasali Pridemage could make an appearance as well.
- 3x Trinisphere to slow them down or Eidolon of the Great Revel to kill them
- 1x Anger of the Gods for Goblin Electromancer and Baral, Chief of Compliance
The bottom line (for now anyways) ...
Main: 1x Obstinate Baloth
4 days ago
Hello, all! I recently decided (with some difficulty) that Grixis Delver would probably be better than the Jeskai Delver variant I've been playing the past while.
As such, I am looking to trade away the following cards from my Jeskai deck:
- 3 Path to Exile
- 1 Blessed Alliance
- 3 Lightning Helix
- 2 Sacred Foundry
- 2 Hallowed Fountain
- 3 Flooded Strand
- 1 Scalding Tarn
And I'm looking to trade for the following cards:
- 1 Fatal Push
- 2 Terminate
- 3 Kolaghan's Command
- 2 Thought Scour
- 1 Blood Crypt
- 1 Watery Grave
- 3 Bloodstained Mire
Unfortunately, if I don't get enough of a critical mass of offers, I won't be able to accept any of them, as it won't do me a lot of good to have half each of two decks lol.
Also, I have a binder that contains some of my other haves and wants, and I'm more than happy to make trades for cards not listed here.
Thanks in advance!
5 days ago
man, that looks really solid and fun to play!
I loved everything. +1
6 days ago
Lone Rider Flip and can get insane when it crews an Aethersphere Harvesterinstantly transforming it. Blessed Alliance seems like it can be really versatile even to untap indestructible horses and do other things. Also Thraben Inspector is awesome turn one
6 days ago
My main reason to not include Manic Scribe is that while the delirium is great, it's difficult to get there from this deck without going out of your way for it. I also don't really want to be using any Unsummons on my own guys if I have them in the deck. If the mana base is flexible enough I may use something like Blessed Alliance, Farm, or Cast Out for spot removal that Sweltering Suns can't take care of.
Thank you for the suggestions, though! I'm still testing this online to find a more optimal build.
1 week ago
Ghosty Thank you for your comment and advice. Even if I had to play without Attune with Aether I would still play Longtusk Cub. This card is amazing, it is a cat so it fits the theme and with every attack on opponent it gets stronger. Always Watching Blessed Alliance are both good cards but they are not rotation proof.
1 week ago
Energy synergy is very poor in this deck. The only -related cards are Attune with Aether and Longtusk Cub.I'd suggest to cut them in favor of mainboarded Blossoming Defense and (more probably) Heroic Intervention which perform extremely nice. IMHO other nice utility cards to think of are Always Watching and Blessed Alliance
As per sideboard I'd consider Felidar Cub