|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Recruiter of the Guard
Creature — Human Soldier
When Recruiter of the Guard enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a creature card with toughness 2 or less, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Recruiter of the Guard Discussion
5 days ago
Fetch and shock lands will not make the deck faster. You are looking for those zero cmc mana rocks such as Mox Opal , Chrome Mox , Mox Amber , Mana Crypt , and etc. Even then you won't benefit much unless you are casting two to three merfolks/spells in a single turn. If you are then you can also add Mana Vault and Grim Monolith to that list.
But your deck is about using the TAP mechanic, and not about casting multiple spells in a turn. So fast mana might not be the answer for you.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
SufferFromEDHD, first off your username is awesome. I like the idea of adding Recruiter of the Guard , but its a pricey card that can only grab maybe five cards in the deck, so I don't know if its worth it. I really like Rishadan Brigand , so i might cut Elite Guardmage for it, thanks for that. Lumbering Battlement in honestly an amazing card. I added it on a whim, and it does a lot more work than you would think: it discourages and protects against board wipes and lowers the amount of blink effects needed for the most value. There's been times I've been able to tuck a few good creatures under it and blink it with Deadeye Navigator a couple times and completely take over the table. I try to only exile half my creatures with it, and I've found most won't bother wiping the board, since you'll still get value and have a better board state once they do. Try it, it might surprise you. Cheers.
3 weeks ago
Nice list! You might like these: Locket of Yesterdays , Spark Double , Sunforger , Merchant Scroll , Imperial Recruiter , Recruiter of the Guard , Quasiduplicate , Dualcaster Mage , Refuse , Mirror of Fate
4 weeks ago
I too have a Boon flicker deck as well as Chulane toolbox AND a Chulane lands deck.
Lumbering Battlement... any good? It was the one card that stuck out as kind of weird.
This deck would benefit greatly from Recruiter of the Guard .
Also, I like your username.
1 month ago
Nice, though there are some cards I would swap out. No Hulk combo? You don't have that many sac outlets
Cabal Therapist ? is this actually good?
Body Snatcher is so good
Containment Priest ? do you not go against creature combos? also you have a severe lack of tutors cards like Protean Hulk or Recruiter of the Guard , why not also have Stony Silence . Runic Armasaur is a bit weak for 3 mana. most of these suggestions are just shots in the dark...I don't know your meta.
1 month ago
Oof that wording is unfortunate. At least he's aggressively costed! You might like these: Crovax, Ascendant Hero , Valor in Akros , Goldnight Commander , Archangel of Thune , Divine Visitation , Steelshaper's Gift , Jazal Goldmane , Dawn of Hope , Recruiter of the Guard , Weathered Wayfarer , Expedition Map , Vesuva , Thespian's Stage , Castle Ardenvale , Konda's Banner
2 months ago
Might i recommend a few more cards...
- Sword of Fire and Ice draw in
- Umezawa's Jitte c'mon.. it's too good not to
- Land Tax gotta hit those land drops
- Inventors' Fair another tutor, or even the life gain to counter loss of life from Gwyn
- Dispatch is basically another path/swords here
- Open the Vaults , Faith's Reward , Brought Back , Teferi's Protection , Boros Charm as some good recursion/protection, brought back is great with fetch lands too
- Stonehewer Giant another tutor
- Dowsing Dagger Flip more ramp
- Buried Ruin more recursion
- Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots you have Leonin Shikari so why don't you have one of these?!
- Infiltration Lens / Mask of Memory more draw... Gwyn costs 6 so you might need some draw before then
- Recruiter of the Guard he's a soldier but finds most of your knights
- Austere Command / Tragic Arrogance / Toxic Deluge good wipes
- Necropotence / Phyrexian Arena more draw before Gwyn
- Demonic Tutor / Vampiric Tutor enough said
Recruiter of the Guard occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%