|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Knight
First strike (This creature deals combat damage before creatures without first strike.)
Other Knight creatures you control get +1/+1 and have indestructible. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy them.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||JAT0 , the.beanpole , jkempic , Venser_the_Sojoner , Melmo , mziter501 , golgarigirl , Mortiferus_Rosa , teslacoil7992 , VGJustice , Wazerwifle , Axtel , Pelli , sonnet666 , Caldazar , Vasbear1 , Friedrice24 , almeidafabio , aeonstoremyliver , silvereh|
|Want (2)||ShishkyBob , BringerOfStorms|
Knight Exemplar Discussion
1 week ago
Well, welcome to the community. I hope you like it as much as i do. Let me start by asking some questions. Are you on a budget? Are you just using cards you have? Cause not counting your lands, I would keep about 25% of this deck and mostly start over.
Some cheaper options: Benalish Marshal is a good knight lord. Radiant Destiny could act as another knight lord and give all your knights vigilance with the city's blessing. Spear of Heliod is another nice and cheap one that also gives you a to destroy things. Swiftfoot Boots would be amazing on your Knight Exemplar.
So these are just some ideas. I have more if you can give me a little bit more to work with. Also look at some board wipes. Black and white have plenty of those and even some where it doesn't target you.
3 weeks ago
Oh right you are, Righteous Confluence ain't legal. Whoops.
I'm not saying to replace Gideon with History. I'm saying that if you like Gideon (and you rightfully do), then there's no reason that you shouldn't like History as well. Curving History into ANY of your other 3 or 4 drops is a crazy play-line because then they can swing in with +2/+1 on the following turn.
This deck really wants to win (or close to it) by turn 5. It's not quite aggro enough to win on turn 4, so turn 5 is the prime target. Given that timeline, History of Benalia is the perfect turn 3 play because it makes your turn 5 insanely explosive.
- Turn 2: Metallic Mimic or Accorder Paladin
- Turn 3: History of Benalia
- Turn 4: Gideon, Ally of Zendikar or Silverblade Paladin
- Turn 5: Knight Exemplar or Silverblade Paladin with Brave the Elements
This playline threatens upwards of 30 unblockable power on turn 5. History and Gideon alone threaten 17, while History and Silverblade threaten 20. You can't get anywhere near those numbers without History of Benalia. That card is an absolute house.
1 month ago
@ zombob57: Yep, my math was way off. Not sure what happened there. I squared them each instead of doubled them? lol
Really like The Immortal Sun. It just...does everything. Card draw, board pump, ramp. Negative synergy with Ugin and Karn, but still amazing.
Teferi's Protection is an obvious Commander all-star. Unfortunately I cannot reuse it with the Mistveil Plains/Sunforger combo since it is exiled on resolution. I'll probably stick with Boros Charm for anti-board wipe tech.
Zirilan of the Claw is great tech, leads to explosive board states and offers great punching power for specialized situations. Exiling the Dragon makes me a bit sad though. I also have the Plains/Forger combo with Sarkhan's Triumph in here for tutoring, but putting something right into play with haste is obviously better (and more aggro) than that, exile clause notwithstanding.
The Immortal Sun seems the most appealing out of your suggestions. What would you suggest to drop for it?
1 month ago
EspioNova Well this is now turning into a knight deck more than an angel deck! So it's up to you in what direction do you want to take it, if a full-blown knight tribal, or an angel deck supported by knights.
If that last thing is what you want, the deck looks good now creature-wise. But some suggestions you might like:
- Archangel of Tithes is a very good defensive creature, but now that you have 20+ knights to take care of defense, maybe you prefer more offensive angels. Both Angel of Jubilation and Angel of Invention will make all your creatures stronger. Angelic Overseer is also very good with all the humans you have.
- Sublime Archangel is a bit more expensive, but can easily win you the game if you have a bunch of knights on the table.
- Archangel of Thune is much more expensive than Gisela, but a beast in creature-heavy decks. Especially if you also play lifelink knights like Knight of Meadowgrain or Fiendslayer Paladin, since that will also put counters on all your creatures.
- Knight of Grace and Knight of Malice are fine but there are better knights. Apart for the ones mentioned in my previous comments, some suggestions would be Silverblade Paladin (to partner with lifelinkers), Knight Exemplar, Kinsbaile Cavalier, Riders of Gavony (if you usually play against tribal decks) or Stillmoon Cavalier.
- Lastly, all the Dauntless Bodyguard could come back to the deck now that you have more 2-3 drop creatures.
So I just threw a lot of cards in there, but it's up to your preferences and budget what changes to make. Good luck with de deck, it already improved a lot!
2 months ago
2 months ago
You could run a Luxa River Shrine for some extra lifegain.
Good luck with the deck, looks awesome!
2 months ago
2 months ago
Love the pun :P
I don't think you should run any green in this deck. Knight of the Reliquary just isn't very good, especially since you don't benefit at all from having lands in your graveyard (except for a pretty irrelevant filter effect.) The equipments aren't great, I think you're better off playing AoE buffs like Serra's Blessing and Coat of Arms. Puresteel Paladin isn't useful enough when you're running only 5 equipments so I'd remove that. If you go mono-white with a lot of plains you can easily summon Benalish Marshal in turn 3. Knight Exemplar in your maybeboard looks amazing, I'd mainboard that 4 times (if you have two of them, they're all indestructable.)