Imprint — When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand. (The exiled card is imprinted onto this artifact.)
, : You may copy the exiled card. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
|Have (6)||abby315 , DoctorDax , Forkbeard , Benniator , PostContact ,|
|Want (5)||Wurwilf , jjduch , Jebanator , Staiphos23 , hk403|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Uncommon|
|From the Vault: Relics (V10)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Final Fortune + Isochron Scepter + Sundial of the Infinite
- Isochron Scepter + Paradox Engine + Pyretic Ritual
- Desperate Ritual + Isochron Scepter + Paradox Engine
- Isochron Scepter + Lightning Bolt + Paradox Engine
- Isochron Scepter + Tolarian Winds
- Isochron Scepter + Silence
- Guttersnipe + Isochron Scepter
- Dark Ritual + Isochron Scepter + Voltaic Key
- Isochron Scepter + Lightning Bolt
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + Power Artifact
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Isochron Scepter occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
UR (Izzet): 0.57%
Isochron Scepter Discussion
2 days ago
Also, you may want to change your counterspell suit. Your Isochron Scepter has only two targets (your infinite combo and cyclonic rift non-overloaded).
If your purely going for X-spell/hydra flavor then keep the likes of Syncopate but otherwise Swan Song, Flusterstorm, Counterspell, Unsubstantiate, and Delay will act as more efficient counters and provide for extra backups for the scepter.
Why run Bloodrite Invoker and not Lore Weaver? You already have ley weaver, which gives you the other half of the combo. With ley weaver you just use your infinite mana to draw most of your deck and then win or deck out your opponents. Bloodrite seems like a worse option when either ley weaver or lore weaver alreday gets you the other one.
3 days ago
Mistcutter Hydra is great against blue and if they don't play blue it still has haste.
4 days ago
Pretty nice list. Have you considered Isochron Scepter paired with other low cost instants? It works really nicely with Lurrus and have been actively testing it within different color pairings. Mardu is a really strong color pairing for it.
5 days ago
New update incoming:
I've reevaluated some of the cards in the deck and found that some underperform.
Cold-Eyed Selkie is a very good card that does do what the deck wants to do, but the deck doesn't want Selkie to be the one doing it.
Chain of Vapor and Quickling are too narrow to justify a spot. While I do feel we could use more ways to have Ukkima leave the battlefield, there are other cards that let us do that better, or serve other purposes as well. (Culling the Weak and Putrefy respectively).
Negate has had an upgrade.
1 week ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
1 week ago
Very good question! At first hand this would probably seem like a problem, but then we remember that we have an insane draw-engine on the field. We can just play the disruptive game-plan until we have pieced together a Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter combo along with enough interaction to back up a secondary wincon (such as Mesmeric Orb + Staff of Domination -combo or a more intricate line with Timetwister + either Swan Song or Brain Freeze).
I have not played/ brewed any budget/ more casual build of Emry unfortunetly so I redirected your question to the nice people at the Emry discord ( https://discord.gg/NeMwgTG )!
1 week ago
Because you are only playing 1 artifact, Muddle the Mixture may be better than fabricate. It can act as a tutor for the Isochron Scepter while also doubling as a decent counterspell to protect the plan, meaning it will never be dead.
1 week ago
My recommendations :
I think most people will tell you that Oloro offers little competitive advantage to you compared to other esper commander like Zur (who can fetch Necropotence into play) or even Aminatou (who is a combo piece in the command zone). I think upsides for Oloro would be that he can do larger ad nauseam and possibly can even run Humility which few decks can win while it is on the board.
MANA COST TOO HIGH
I would first add better ramp, better draw, potential Stax, tutors and then other win cons.
Verity Circle (good against dorks)
Plunge into Darkness (a good Impulse)
CONSULT COMBO Demonic Consultation
AD NAUSEAM COMBO Angel's Grace
Ad Nauseam (draw whole deck, can Windfall and make everyone die while AG means you can't lose
Heliod Walking Ballista
Rocks that produce at least three mana total (outlet is extort with blind obedience or crypt ghast) If have pristine Talisman gain infinite life, which is infinite draw with commander
Didn't look at landbase