|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Kolaghan's Command and Surgical Extraction
- Priority Question. Surgical Extraction on my end step.
- Can I surgical extraction a faithless looting in response of my opponent flashback it?
- Does grafdigger's cage stops a Surgical Extraction from being cast on a graveyard?
- Does "searching" a hand count as a look or reveal?
( can be paid with either B or 2 life.)
Choose target card in a graveyard other than a basic land card. Search its owner's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same name as that card and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Surgical Extraction Discussion
17 hours ago
Since i will lose some life due to the shock, the fetches, Thoughtseize and Surgical Extraction I was thining about creature that could also be a problem for my opponent: Death's Shadow. Could it have any sense instead of Fog Bank, or do you think it's not worth?
Another creature I was considering is Nyxathid, but I need to playtest it.
19 hours ago
20 hours ago
1 day ago
Hey, thanks for the post on my binder. While it would be nice to finally have my tron pieces together, I am more focused on improving my sideboard and mana for my mardu pyromancer deck. So I am really looking for Leyline of the Voids, Blackcleave Cliffss, Marsh Flats, Ensnaring Bridges, and Surgical Extractions. The Catacomb would be something I would really only want to give up if I was getting a cliff or flat in the deal. Let me know if there is a deal that we can figure out.
3 days ago
25 lands are too much, you need to be very fast or your opponent will kill you first!
Consuming Aberration is too slow and too easy to destroy in my opinion.
Do you want to spend some money on your deck? Add some Snapcaster Mage
In my opinion Startled Awake Flip is too slow and Talent of the Telepath isn't a good card you want to draw if your opponent plays only creatures, I'd add more mill cards, such as Thought Scour or Mesmeric Orb
A good sideboard can help you, so I'd add Leyline of the Void or Relic of Progenitus, Pithing Needle or Sorcerous Spyglass, Set Adrift or anything that could remove Leyline of Sanctity from the battlefield. Other suggestions are Damnation, Hurkyl's Recall (against affinity) and Murderous Cut
3 days ago
To be fair, Dimir needs some love. Cipher and Transmute were terrible, and it's nice to see UB branching away from their repetitive "mill and profit" themes.
Unmoored Ego will probably be a worse Extirpate/Surgical Extraction in most cases except Tron lands, in which case there might still be better options, especially since it won't affect lands already played.
4 days ago
nah, 1 to 2 is probably enough for a deck focusing on a value route, though maybe swap a veil liliana for the other since dredge will give her - more value.
For your sideboard maybe have some number of Surgical Extraction as gy hate, it's also pretty fun to use against tron on a urza land you blow up, some of my modern decks I've even just been running a couple mainboard after bridgevine became popular, the utility is pretty nice if a meta isn't too heavy with humans or burn.
1 week ago
First, the deck looks really fun. A few thoughts though, in no particular order:
- Land Destruction is not a wincon. If it's working for you, that's awesome. But I worry that 1x Thrun, 1x Nissa, and 1x Strombreath may not be enough to actually close out the game.
- Your mana- and dork-base would benefit a little from -3x Forest, -1x Birds of Paradise, +3x Green Fetchlands (Windswept Heath are the least expensive, but any of them are fine). Because the Fetches allow us to grab Stomping Ground as well, they give us a slightly better chance of getting the 2R we need to cast Blood Moon on Turn 2, which would allow you to drop a Bird for something better in the late game. Here's a piece on our Ponza Mana Simulator if you'd like to play with the numbers yourself.
- I like Ancient Grudge better than Artifact sweepers, personally. But if your meta demands sweepers, Shatterstorm is strictly better than Creeping Corrosion.
- Unless your meta is just overrun with Tron and Titanshift, 4x Crumble to Dust may be excessive. Surgical Extraction is another similar(ish) option, which is great in other match-ups as well.
Also, I TOTALLY get the desire to make a deck competitive "without necessarily carbon copying someone else's card list", but I always recommend starting with other lists and then tweaking (sometimes drastically) to fit our meta and playstyle. If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend looking at these:
- The Eternal Witness + Primal Command softlock is GREAT, especially with Stampeding Wildebeests/Stampeding Serow. But the Serow has seen play in exactly one Competitive Modern deck, so I'd give that a hard look for sure.
- This one and this one are very different than yours, but probably worth a look.
- And FWIW, here's the Primal Command deck I ran for a while: Primal Ponza.
Good luck (and good skill) with the deck!