Creature — Human Cleric
Protection from black and from red
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may gain 1 life.
|Have (2)||, tedtanal|
|Want (2)||Dykle_ , Rabu|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Auriok Champion occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.03%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Auriok Champion Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 months ago
BMHKain but it's so much easier to add cards haha. These are the cards I would cut:
- Auriok Champion - is somewhat restrictive in 5 colors, and the card isn't very impactful.
- Zhur-Taa Druid - Does not produce colors that you wouldn't already have, and the damage is negligible in most scenarios.
- Thalia's Lieutenant - Requires a more token-based strategy to be impactful.
- Knight of the Reliquary - Situational mana fixing that doesn't ramp in your build.
- Burning-Tree Emissary - Not great at mana fixing, only seems good if you've already assembled a nice recursion engine at which point you probably don't need this.
- Champion of the Parish - Kinda vanilla.
- Crucible of Worlds - Doesn't seem that impactful. Dragon's Hoard or Coalition Relic would be better in my opinion.
- Odric, Master Tactician - Needs at least 4 dudes on board to work, and seems to be most useful when you're already winning.
- Metallic Mimic - Not very impactful here.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Not very impactful here.
- Emergence Zone - You already have a couple other things that do this better.
- Anafenza, the Foremost - Unless your playgroup always has a graveyard deck at the table, I would take this out. Anafenza can hose you if somebody copies or steals it.
- Lavinia, Azorius Renegade - To me this kinda just reads "nobody can cast Pacts", which isn't that great an effect.
- Fatespinner - This card is more a minor annoyance than a threat.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - Great effect, but exiles your general. Patriarch's Bidding might be better.
2 months ago
Frozen AEther has very little synergy with the rest of the deck
Greater Auramancy the card is good and great enchantment protection but it is not needed here
Burnished Hart maybe, good ramp for your colors, but is just a maybe
Solemn Simulacrum very good, but I think you can have a better card in the spot, no real way to abuse/recure him
3 months ago
First of all, 19 lands is way too few, unless you're planning on making a very fast aggro deck or include a high amount of cantrips (cheap spells that draw cards). In a deck such as your current one, you probably want around 25 lands.
Another tip for deckbuilding is to always focus your deck as much as possible. It seems to me, that you just have a bunch cards that either give life or trigger off of you gaining life, but not doing anything particular with it. Making a deck more focused, is usually to recognize what exactly you want your strategy to be and then optimizing that as much as possible - be that casual, crazy comboes or top tier decks. There are several different ways to go with the cards you have in this list. Do you want to make a "Soul Sisters" deck, that focuses on cheap creatures and cards like Soul's Attendant or do you want to try and stall/combo and burn people out with Sanguine Blood or something entirely different? Decks are generally more fun to play, when they have a consistent plan.
By the way, most of the cards in your list aren't Standard legal (Standard consists only of the 5 newests sets at the moment), don't know if that's on purpose. If you're just making a casual deck that's based around life gain and a bunch of counters and don't care about format, I'd go for cards like Ajani's Pridemate , Archangel of Thune , Soul Warden , Soul's Attendant , Auriok Champion , Ajani, Strength of the Pride , Gideon's Company , Bloodthirsty Aerialist etc. and then try to aim for having 4 copies of each card instead of 1-2 copies.
3 months ago
Ugh StopShot my guy or gal or Firefox whatever floats your boat, in the mirror Eidolon isn't bad you just have to know how to navigate the board state and when to play it also in games 2 and 3 its just all about who lands an Auriok Champion or Kor Firewalker first.Deaths shadow is like burns best match up so Eidolon shouldn't matter that much and you can just board it out and bring in Auriok Champion and/or deflecting palm. Lastly you can sit here and pick apart every one drop in burn I mean on the draw a turn 1 guide can be awful they could hold up Fatal Push or Path to Exile get a land off the attack trigger and then kill it, but thats not saying goblin guide is bad also those reasons you pointed out against vexing devil are the reasons it is not in burn, but even with all the different ways it could be bad it is still better than playing fervent champion.
4 months ago
Auriok Champion Kambal, Consul of Allocation Blood Artist Bloodchief Ascension Obzedat, Ghost Council Zulaport Cutthroat Coalition Relic Debtors' Knell Erebos, God of the Dead Pontiff of Blight Bitterblossom Ophiomancer Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth Beseech the Queen Mastermind's Acquisition
random cards I've seen that could work.
4 months ago
Skulltaker, I have been considering adding this card but discarding tends to hurt the overall strategy of this deck. Since lands are technically colorless I can use them as a discard outlet, I can see a possible use with Lingering Souls or as a sideboard option for when I remove Auriok Champion out of the main. Either way, I will assess my LGS's meta and if Auriok sucks ass will consider adding this card to the main.