Searing Blaze deals 1 damage to target player and 1 damage to target creature that player controls.
Landfall — If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, Searing Blaze deals 3 damage to that player and 3 damage to that creature instead.
|Want (4)||JazzCrimes , kingcraig , juleswg , jcdmagic0|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Searing Blaze occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.2%
Searing Blaze Discussion
1 week ago
- That tutor is amazing run as many as you can. Not only does it find the creature it puts it on the battlefield. You can alos use creatures to help cast the spell (they don't have to be mana dorks).
- Unless the indestructible part is happening a lot there are much better spells to run Lightning Bolt Lava Spike Searing Blaze Rift Bolt and Skewer the Critics all come to mind. Cindervines might be better than Destructive Revelry. And running one copy isnt that amazing.
- I feel its important here to talk about sideboards (SB for short). You can 15 cards outside your normal deck to bring in against certain match ups (techinally after the first game in a round of 3, with friends i let them side board right away). That is where you want to put all of your situational cards for certain decks.
- Cut Blasphemous Act. There 2 main reasons 1) it kills your big dudes you are ramping to as well as your mana dorks 2) if you are that far behind you've probably already lost.
- As for the mana base you arfe running 11 red cards 3 of which are double red. They are cards you are playing later due to the cmc so getting that 2nd red isnt as bad. You have 16 red sources which is a lot for that many cards. Looks like 14 blue soruces for 4 cards. Green is clearly fine. ( I count Sylvan Caryatid, Utopia Sprawl, Gateway Plaza and the other lands as sources. I didn't count arbor elf being it has to hit a forest). You are only running 4 non-forest cards which is fine.
1 week ago
If you don't play Searing Blaze or anything else to take advantage of fetches, then why not just cycle lands? They do a much better job of avoiding running out of gas later on.
2 weeks ago
Thanks, I like Searing Blaze, a really nice spot of damage and removal.
2 weeks ago
2 months ago
I feel like Searing Blaze and Staggershock don't belong in this deck if you want a turn 3 win. A great deck that I found that really can demolish people on turn 3 is $5 Aggro Aggro, so take a look if you want.
3 months ago
Why Sprite Dragon out of all the options you have to pressure an opponent in this kind of deck. Have you considered Lightning Stormkin and/or Stormchaser Mage with Wizard's Retort and Wizard's Lightning, Brineborn Cutthroat, Grim Lavamancer, Spectral Sailor, Sea-Dasher Octopus, or Pteramander? Does the deck need Anger of the Gods or does the burn take care of creatures well enough?
I'm curious how well Light Up the Stage fits. It's an instant speed deck for the most part with some burn and creatures to activate it, but hitting Remand and Ral, Storm Conduit for example would be useless. Thunderous Wrath seems amazing when it hits but is that good enough to balance out the times it just sits in your hand? I'd prefer something like Searing Blaze, which seems to be perfect for the deck. Chart a Course also seems nice, but it's sorcery speed which sucks. Have you thought of using Curious Obsession?
4 months ago
4 months ago
dragonzwrathz909 Thank you so much! The person who commented Lava Axe etc. was just my brother trying to mess with me. I know that card would be bad in my deck.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely consider adding Searing Blaze to the deck.