Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Temple of Enlightenment
Temple of Enlightenment enters the battlefield tapped.
When Temple of Enlightenment enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Add or .
4 months ago
Hello! May I step in to give you some recommendations? Since you're on a budget, all cards suggested are 2 dollars or less.
Part 1: Ramp
In: You probably want aura ramp and cost reducers over standard land ramp: Wild Growth, Transcendent Envoy, Hero of Iroas, Jukai Naturalist and Stenn, Paranoid Partisan (choosing Enchantment). These will allow you to storm through your deck casting Auras ad nauseam.
Part 2: Card draw
Just as important as ramp is card draw: Galea won't always be available to you.
Part 3: Removal
Swords to Plowshares is GREAT, no doubt. But, in this kind of deck, you can spice it up with the great Auras that has for removal.
The objective is, then, to use the cheapest Auras that can hit more than one permanent type, with emphasis on "loses its abilities" in the text box.
Part 4: Boardwipes
In: I believe you should run more boardwipes that leave your board mostly untouched. Austere Command is one such example. You almost always will clean all artifacts and the half of creatures that are more dangerous to you. Curse of the Swine is another selective wipe.
Part 5: Protection and Evasion
In Voltron, tempo is crucial.
- In: Negate and Delay are inconditional and cheap counters mana-wise.
- Out: Calculated Dismissal and Frilled Mystic aren't.
Now to the Auras:
- In: Spirit Mantle, Unquestioned Authority and Mask of Law and Grace are protection and evasion at the same time (protection also means it can't be blocked).
- Out: Favor of the Overbeing, Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad.
Following the same logic as with removal, I'm using auras over instants to protect the Voltron.
- In: Shield of the Oversoul, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover.
- Out: Benevolent Blessing, Shielding Plax, Karametra's Blessing. (I believe proactive protection goes miles farther than a reactive one.)
Part 6: Tutors
Part 7: Win Conditions
Out: Bruna, Light of Alabaster is slow and telegraphed in this build. People won't let her stick to the field. Nissa, Steward of Elements is tough to protect in a Voltron build, while she only offers scry, which your lands can already do.
Part 8: Lands
- You might consider more lands that fix your colors and manipulate the top of your library at will: Terramorphic Expanse, Temple of Plenty, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Mystery, Cabaretti Courtyard, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Naya Panorama, Esper Panorama.
- Rogue's Passage is great evasion on a land.
- Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath and Thriving Isle are neat fixing, but the Temples are superior since they play into Galea's strategy.
- Path of Ancestry is great if you're in a 5-color deck or in a tribal-heavy creature deck. This build is neither.
- Lumbering Falls is good for suiting Equipments on, but Auras will just go to the graveyard when this land stops being a creature.
- Azorius Chancery, because you don't run the other two bouncelands.
- Razorverge Thicket. You'll soon realize that the later turns are more important than the early ones in EDH. This land is a beast in Modern, but it is far from worth it in Commander unless you're playing a turn-3 win deck.
- Forest and Forest to give room for the two remaining Panoramas. (With all the land searching above, you're probably more likely now to have a target for Utopia Sprawl than before.)
- Seaside Citadel. I know, I know: tri-lands are great and all, but, in this build, I'm trying to bake the top-of-library manipulation into the manabase so you have more free spell slots for your Auras, similar to what I did with Yennett, Cryptic Oddity (to a great success): each land in it has to either enter untapped somehow or change the top card of the library.
If you read this far, congratulations! Here is the list of the deck with all the suggested alterations, in case you want to test it: Galea, Menacing Aura. Good luck and have fun!
5 months ago
2ND ROUND OF CHANGES:
REMOVED: Temple of Deceit, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Tempered Steel, Liquimetal Torque, Scholar of New Horizons, Thopter Shop, Sphinx's Revelation, Bident of Thassa, Alela, Artful Provocateur, Etched Champion, Armix, Filigree Thrasher, Myr Battlesphere, Filigree Attendant, Vedalken Humiliator, Tawnos, Solemn Survivor, Losheel, Clockwork Scholar, Marionette Master, Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle, Ethersworn Adjudicator, Indomitable Archangel
ADDED: Glimmervoid, Power Depot, Forsaken Monument, Mind Stone, Darksteel Ingot, Hedron Archive, Dance of the Mance, Thoughtcast, Thirst for Knowledge, Master Transmuter, Lodestone Golem, Research Thief, Treasure Keeper, Mycosynth Golem, Myr Retriever, Sculpting Steel, Mechtitan Core, Mystic Forge, Dispeller's Capsule, Dispatch, Burnished Hart
COMMENTS: Deck feels powerful, but one dimensional in that it's just trying to pump out big dumb creatures asap; kinda cool. I've played 3-4 times with the current iteration and I'm looking to speed the deck up a little bit; lands coming in tapped, not quite enough draw, and too many non-artifact creatures being the two major areas of focus. I've actually reduced the amount of creatures with this round of changes so I need to check that this is OK.
Lands probably need more work, still too many tapped lands by far. Scholar of New horisons is fine, just doesn't fit in the deck, same with Tawnos (who likely needs his own deck, but I have done a few cool things with him). Tempered Steel, Indomitably Archangel and Ethersworn Adjudicator were hard cuts. But I've added removal, ramp in so I want to see if that's better. Tempered Steel with the thopters was particularly good and may get added in.
7 months ago
8 months ago
Hey, good upgrades to the precon, what you've done so far.
How do you want to win? Determining the main strategy you want to play can help to keep good cards for that strategy and cut unnecessary cards. If you're wanting to keep precon level budget then doing combat damage with Constructs and Commander damage with Urza are directions to consider. Research Thief and Bident of Thassa are excellent budget cards if you want to be attacking with Constructs. Making Urza an artifact makes him a reliable source of Commander damage, but this means including effects to make Urza an artifact.
You have Urza, Lord High Artificer, he's a combo wincon, but to use him as a wincon you'll want to add other cards and more ways to assemble the combo. Drawing cards from Constructs doing combat damage to opponents is a good alternative to playing expensive price tutors to get combo pieces in your hand.
You have Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge, you don't really need Mycosynth Golem especially not for it's price tag. You don't need this Tezzeret either, but if you have it might as well play it. The first cuts to consider are lands since 41 lands is a lot when the strategy here are artifacts. Consider cutting 6 lands? Lands that always ETB tapped and are worse then others that also do this. If you feel you need more mana then add mana sources (rocks, dorks) not lands.
- Orzhov Basilica, Azorius Chancery, Dimir Aqueduct
- Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit, Temple of Enlightenment
The Bounce lands and Scry lands are worse always ETB tapped lands then Tri lands, Bridges, etc.
Some advice for more cuts is choose the top 20 creatures here, top 10 artifacts and top 10 other nonland cards. By choosing the best cards then you can cut a huge chunk away of lesser cards.
- Urza, Lord High Artificer
- Research Thief
- Losheel, Clockwork Scholar
- Thought Monitor, Ethersworn Sphinx
- Ornithopter of Paradise, Etherium Sculptor
- Phyrexian Metamorph
- Spellskite, Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- Ethersworn Canonist
- Baleful Strix
- Hangarback Walker, Sai, Master Thopterist
- Steel Overseer
- Armix, Filigree Thrasher
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch, Sharuum the Hegemon
- The Reality Chip, Lion Sash
- Sol Ring
- Arcane Signet, Chromatic Lantern
- Liquimetal Torque
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Hierarchy
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Cranial Plating, Shadowspear
- Strionic Resonator
- Their Name is Death, Phyrexian Scriptures
- The Flesh is Weak
- Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge
- Artificer Class
- Austere Command
- Void Rend
- Swords to Plowshares
- Dovin's Veto
For upgrading it's easier to get an established list that's not 99 cards then have a list that's way over 99 cards. Really any 0-3 drop artifact creature who can make some value to take advantage of Urza artifact creature affinity or any 0-2 drop mana rock for more ramp can fill unfilled deck spots.
Good luck with your deck.
8 months ago
19/01/2023 changes: There have been a few rounds of changes. Removed counterspells to attempt to make the deck to make more fun to play against, sold the Mox Diamond because it's become worth a mint in the last 7 years, added more draw and refocused the deck on creature ETB based interaction instead of something like Oblivion Ring. It's a good card but I don't get the value that I could get out of a Fiend Hunter. You know where I'm going with this. I've also added more mana fixing to the land base and adjusted colours for the new balance.
- - 1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
- - 1x Azorius Signet
- - 1x Detention Sphere
- - 4x Forest
- - 1x Force of Will
- - 1x Isochron Scepter
- - 1x Land Tax
- - 1x Martial Coup
- - 1x Mirrorweave
- - 1x Mox Diamond
- - 1x Oblivion Ring
- - 4x Plains
- - 1x Polymorphist's Jest
- - 1x Prototype Portal
- - 1x Pyxis of Pandemonium
- - 1x Pestermite
- - 1x Spell Crumple
- - 1x Strionic Resonator
- - 1x Treachery
- - 1x Temple of the False God
- - 1x Thran Dynamo
- - 1x Time Spiral
- - 1x Tinker
- + 1x Arcane Signet
- + 1x Adarkar Wastes
- + 1x Blue Sun's Zenith
- + 1x Barkchannel Pathway Flip
- + 1x Brokers Hideout
- + 1x Consider
- + 1x Deserted Beach
- + 1x Dreamroot Cascade
- + 1x Echoing Truth
- + 1x Evolving Wilds
- + 1x Fading Hope
- + 1x Hengegate Pathway Flip
- + 1x Joint Exploration
- + 1x Mind Stone
- + 1x Overgrown Farmland
- + 1x Preordain
- + 1x Relic of Progenitus
- + 1x Repopulate
- + 1x Stonehorn Dignitary
- + 1x Terramorphic Expanse
- + 1x Temple of Mystery
- + 1x Temple of Enlightenment
- + 1x Wilt
10 months ago
Update: -Marionette Master / +Cyberdrive Awakener -Machine God's Effigy / +Imotekh the Stormlord -Blasphemous Act / +Their Name is Death -Disciple of the Vault / +Steel Overseer -Reverse Engineer / +Losheel, Clockwork Scholar -Bedevil / +Void Rend -Temple of Malice / +Cryptothrall -Temple of Enlightenment / +Optimus Prime, Hero Flip -Temple of Deceit / +Thirst for Knowledge -Temple of Epiphany / +Shivan Reef
Notes: I chose Cryptothrall over Spellskite because they serve the same function, to protect your stuff, but Cryptothrall requires less effort. I put in Optimus because I wanted to experiment with him. Lastly, I'm keeping Austere Command in the deck since I like to have a board wipe that hits enchantments and artifacts.
10 months ago
So, right now, Commander included, you've got 126 cards. Seeing as you're only 26 over the cap, this shouldn't be too bad.
On the other side of the coin, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Myriad Landscape, Esper Panorama, and Bant Panorama are all cheaper fetch lands that you could use.
Drawing mana late game can be a dead draw a lot of the time, so being able to remove that excess from your deck can be a really nice tool to have, so you can draw just what you want. Maybe take out cards that are fast, but not necessary such as, Skycloud Expanse, Sea of Clouds, Mishra's Factory, and Crawling Barrens.
Potential Land List Show
1x Ancient Den
1x Buried Ruin
1x Mech Hangar
1x Power Depot
1x Flood Plain
Changing it to this (or a list of just 35 mana), should bring us down to 122 cards.
For the rest, I’d say Ondu Inversion Flip, Access Denied, Tezzeret the Seeker, Tezzeret, Artifice Master, Phyrexian Metamorph, Cultivator's Caravan, Invoke Justice, and An Offer You Can't Refuse, all mostly because they’re too expensive.
That leaves you with 109
Okay, so, this decklist is surprisingly tight for being 30~ cards over and I don’t know where to kick the last 9 off. Maybe Artificer Class? Maybe some of the creatures/vehicles? Idunno, good luck.
1 year ago
Commander is an increasingly fast format because of the cry for not ramping on turn 2 being a death sentence. You can still Farseek off of one of these if you play it turn 1. The only turn they're bad is turn 2, and if you have to play it tapped turn two, you should probably have mulligan'd your hand. I'll play Deserted Beach over Seachrome Coast in any commander deck. Which doesn't mean I'll play it, to be honest, I think it goes the two-colored equivalent of:
Horizon land if available (Horizon Canopy and such)
Prairie Stream but only with fetches
Irrigated Farmland better with fetches, cycling still solid
Glacial Floodplain higher with fetches, of course
That's the general order I'd consider them to include in my 2-color deck if available, I guess.