Open the Armory
Search your library for an Aura or Equipment card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (4)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , Xikitten123 , Kotakiva|
|Want (3)||Secretagentmjl , Morpho-peleides , Onmyway2thetopz|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Open the Armory Discussion
6 days ago
Great theme song! I like the style of what you've built here and would play it as-is right now!
- Breena isn't card draw. It's a good card though. Also your monarch cards count as card draw. ;)
- Faithless Looting would be better if you were running Reanimate or recursion spells. Night's Whisper might be better.
- Mythos of Snapdax is OK but probably hits your own permanents harder than you'd like. Consider Blasphemous Act, Vanquish the Horde, Wrath of God or my latest personal favorite Promise of Loyalty there. Those still hit your creatures too but on an empty board monarch shines.
- Open the Armory is good but Fighter Class was built for Sunforger.
- Everyone has their own preference for win conditions in control decks. Debt to the Deathless, Exsanguinate, Torment of Hailfire, Master of Cruelties, Approach of the Second Sun, and Revel in Riches are all popular. One I found recently that might be interesting is Near-Death Experience. It needs support cards to make it work but they are spicy like Stunning Reversal and Plunge into Darkness. It also pairs with Master of Cruelties and life swap spells. This list is a good example for more ideas is you like that path.
Here is my Queen Marchesa deck with its own theme song (less original than yours). You might like it.
Have fun ruling the battlefield!
3 months ago
Very true, but you could get one golem for say your Sunhome Guildmage (whose only other uses are extremely expensive mana-sink abilities), or a card that nets you tons of your other multicolor cards by drawing to get a lot of golems (Like you are running Losheel which is pretty fantastic for this in this deck but imagine if you had two card draw engines out and having more than one allows some redundancy to account for removal/wipes). Kalemne also doesn't synergize with most of your cards because you mostly have a lower curve than their ability triggers off of. To be honest I would replace either of those with Slate of Ancestry since you are going to be flooding the board with tokens. You are also running Sunforger which is great for getting things you need. Stoneforge Mystic, Steelshaper's Gift, Open the Armory or Stonehewer Giant can get you Sunforger faster or can net you other fun equipment that work well in this deck like Sword of Fire and Ice.
There's also some fun shenanigans like Land Tax and Scroll Rack which is basically a "draw three a turn" as long as you are behind in lands, which you will be if you are playing vs any deck with green in it. Or Mask of Memory and Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle since the majority of your deck would be considered Historic so anything you bin with the Mask would come back with Teshar every time you cast one.
I would at least consider changing some stuff out after extensive playtesting, but hey, if you like how this plays and don't see the need for tighter tuning than there's no reason to change. Best of luck in your games!
3 months ago
Hey, you're welcome, nice update.
When you get down to 100 cards some further upgrades to consider are more cards that care about both equipment and auras such as Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist, Open the Armory, Sigarda's Aid, Armored Skyhunter, All That Glitters, Nettlecyst.
Ardenn, Aid and Skyhunter are other effects for free attaching equipment.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Every equipment tutor is another copy of Amorphous Axe of course, you could look into cards like:
As additional copies of the effect
4 months ago
Hey, well done so far on budget upgrade of the precon, but there's some filler cards here that look out of place.
If you want to go the direction of more enchantments/auras then Tuvasa the Sunlit as Bant Commander is someone to consider instead of Galea since she interacts much better with enchantments. Currently you have a mix of both enchantments and equips and that direction does go well with Galea as Commander. Consider adding more cards that have interaction with both auras and equips?
- Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist --> Valiant Endeavor
- Open the Armory --> Contingency Plan
- Armored Skyhunter --> Assault Suit
- All That Glitters --> Prodigious Growth
- Nettlecyst --> Collective Blessing
Galea doesn't have built-in protection which is what you want with a voltron Commander and a good upgrade you've done is Darksteel Plate. Swiftfoot Boots and Winged Boots are nice from the precon, but consider others than also give evasion?
When Galea has huge power then being able to attack unblocked can outright end an opponent with lethal Commander damage. Flying and trample evasion is not as a sure way as unblockable.
- Aqueous Form --> Index
- Steel of the Godhead --> Shielding Plax
- Prowler's Helm --> Blessed Spirits
- Rogue's Passage --> Tranquil Thicket
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Because of all the enchantments, Sovereigns of Lost Alara are another possible choice.
Apart from that, I wasn't saying Octopus Umbra should be swapped, that's completely up to you of course.
Should you decide on further empathizing on the "Winged Guardians" backup plan, while Anointed Procession doesn't let you keep Saint Trafts' Angels, it still massively boosts their damage output. In addition, those created by Moonsilver Spear do stay. Together with Sundial of the Infinite you can also react to the triggered ability at the end of combat and keep all tokens that would be exiled.
I'm not much of a Voltron player though and I don't know if you really need that backup plan, so that's just an idea.