Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield tapped.
When Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Add .
3 months ago
This type of decks is usually called "Aristocrats". If you really want to be a sacrifice deck, you should add additional cards that trigger whenever a creature dies, such as Sanguinary Priest, Rotlung Reanimator, Blood Artist or Cruel Celebrant.
4 months ago
Hi DreadKhan, thank you so much for your insights. This deck is emulating my physical deck. I've been playing with some friends and making some adjustments.
Some points I noticed while playing:
Despite Dark Ritual, I've really been missing mana
When I do those changes, I will update this deck.
8 months ago
Hey, good upgrades to the precon, what you've done so far.
How do you want to win? Determining the main strategy you want to play can help to keep good cards for that strategy and cut unnecessary cards. If you're wanting to keep precon level budget then doing combat damage with Constructs and Commander damage with Urza are directions to consider. Research Thief and Bident of Thassa are excellent budget cards if you want to be attacking with Constructs. Making Urza an artifact makes him a reliable source of Commander damage, but this means including effects to make Urza an artifact.
You have Urza, Lord High Artificer, he's a combo wincon, but to use him as a wincon you'll want to add other cards and more ways to assemble the combo. Drawing cards from Constructs doing combat damage to opponents is a good alternative to playing expensive price tutors to get combo pieces in your hand.
You have Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge, you don't really need Mycosynth Golem especially not for it's price tag. You don't need this Tezzeret either, but if you have it might as well play it. The first cuts to consider are lands since 41 lands is a lot when the strategy here are artifacts. Consider cutting 6 lands? Lands that always ETB tapped and are worse then others that also do this. If you feel you need more mana then add mana sources (rocks, dorks) not lands.
- Orzhov Basilica, Azorius Chancery, Dimir Aqueduct
- Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit, Temple of Enlightenment
The Bounce lands and Scry lands are worse always ETB tapped lands then Tri lands, Bridges, etc.
Some advice for more cuts is choose the top 20 creatures here, top 10 artifacts and top 10 other nonland cards. By choosing the best cards then you can cut a huge chunk away of lesser cards.
- Urza, Lord High Artificer
- Research Thief
- Losheel, Clockwork Scholar
- Thought Monitor, Ethersworn Sphinx
- Ornithopter of Paradise, Etherium Sculptor
- Phyrexian Metamorph
- Spellskite, Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- Ethersworn Canonist
- Baleful Strix
- Hangarback Walker, Sai, Master Thopterist
- Steel Overseer
- Armix, Filigree Thrasher
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch, Sharuum the Hegemon
- The Reality Chip, Lion Sash
- Sol Ring
- Arcane Signet, Chromatic Lantern
- Liquimetal Torque
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Hierarchy
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Cranial Plating, Shadowspear
- Strionic Resonator
- Their Name is Death, Phyrexian Scriptures
- The Flesh is Weak
- Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge
- Artificer Class
- Austere Command
- Void Rend
- Swords to Plowshares
- Dovin's Veto
For upgrading it's easier to get an established list that's not 99 cards then have a list that's way over 99 cards. Really any 0-3 drop artifact creature who can make some value to take advantage of Urza artifact creature affinity or any 0-2 drop mana rock for more ramp can fill unfilled deck spots.
Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
Hey, well done work in progress for your first Commander deck on a budget. Good card sense upgrading the precon.
For the manabase consider upgrades of the Pain lands?
The Pain lands have been reprinted in the last two Standard sets, making them the least expensive right now. Now is the best time to get them since they will only increase in price as time goes on. Tyrite Sanctum is a nice budget utility land especially with The Flesh is Weak.
I'm playing Urza on a low budget and these are some cards, most less than $2, that I've found to be helpful.
- Ornithopter of Paradise: artifact creature for ramp.
- The Flesh is Weak: make Urza and all other creatures you control at the time an artifact. -1/-1 can wreck opponent's nonThopter token strategies who can be blockers against Constructs. Tyrite Sanctum makes it so you don't have to control nonartifact legendary creatures including Urza when you play Weak since it can put a +1/+1 counter on any legendary creature you control turns after to make it an artifact.
- Liquimetal Torque: mana rock for ramp or make Urza or any other nonland permanent an artifact. Pair with Master Transmuter to bounce any nonland permanent.
- Soundwave, Sonic Spy Flip: new Transformers card that's good in multiplayer Commander, no mana cost to cast your choice of opponent's instant or sorcery. Constructs make it consistent to trigger with a high mana value and Soundwave, Superior Captain can be a repeatable source of artifacts.
- Sculpting Steel: good in multiplayer Commander because it can be any artifact on the battlefield and it can change with Master Transmuter bounce.
- Armix, Filigree Thrasher: because of menace it can be repeatable opponent creature removal, Losheel, Clockwork Scholar helps a lot too.
Being able to make Urza an artifact can make Urza a threat with menace to do Commander damage especially with Cranial Plating. Urza surviving nonartifact creature board wipes can give you a huge advantage. Making other nonartifact creatures an artifact is good too especially Padeem, Consul of Innovation for much more protection.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Orzhov Basilica, Dimir Aqueduct, Azorius Chancery, Skycloud Expanse
- Filigree Attendant, Darksteel Juggernaut, Etched Champion
- Gingerbrute, Burnished Hart
- Chief of the Foundry
Filigree Attendant, Darksteel Juggernaut, Etched Champion are just beaters, they don't do anything else. You don't really need them since you'll have plenty of better beaters, Constructs, who don't cost mana. Burnished Hart is slow for ramp. Chief of the Foundry is subpar for an anthem effect, it's a lesser Master of Etherium.
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
I get that you were building off what you had on hand and mana bases can eat up budgets, but unless you’re playing a gate deck, or maybe a five color deck there’s no real reason to play Gateway Plaza, in a two color deck it’s essentially a bad Orzhov Guildgate which itself is a bad land outside a gate deck. For just Pennie’s, Scoured Barrens at least gives you a life to come in tapped and Command Tower is really cheap because it was just massively printed. Some game stores will just give you these cards as they have no real inherent value. Orzhov Basilica would be another option. For less than a dollar you can really bolster your mana base.
1 year ago
Out: 1. Akoum Refuge 2. Bloodfell Caves 3. Boros Garrison 4. Kabira Crossroads 5. Orzhov Basilica 6. Rakdos Carnarium 7. Scoured Barrens 8. Wind-Scarred Crag 9. Opal Palace 10. Path of Ancestry 11. Well of Lost Dreams 12. Merciless Eviction 13. Fell the Mighty 14. Blood Baron of Vizkopa
The land base needed to be refined a bit, so I got rid of anything that comes in tapped and replaced them with basic lands. I also added two legendary lands from Kamigawa, Neon Dynasty.
The board wipes, although decent, were replaced with two that have more flexibility in them - Farewell and Toxic Deluge.
Flawless Maneuver is something I'd like to play test in this deck, so it replaced Well of Lost Dreams since we don't really have a heavy lifegain strategy in this deck (and Necropotence is already in the deck).
Lastly, Blood Baron Vizkopa was replaced with Welcoming Vampire to benefit more off our token strategy with Eminence.
1 year ago
Hey, sweet deck. Let's take a look at win conditions and lands. I've identified a problem with your deck: You aggressively want to control the board with your 1-3 drops. While other players are playing 6 mana bombs every turn your are trying to eke out board advantage with 3 or 4 creatures a turn.
- You don't need board wipes in this deck, they actively go against your game-plan, and in no way help you win.
- Less removal in general. I counted 18 pieces of removal in your instants and sorceries. Keep Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, and Damn and get rid of the rest. You ARE the threat, if your deck is running slowly to the point that you feel like you need removal, you need better creatures.
As for lands, use this mana base.
- 1x Ancient Tomb
- 1x Arid Mesa
- 1x Blightstep Pathway Flip
- 1x Blood Crypt
- 1x Bloodstained Mire
- 1x Bojuka Bog
- 1x Boros Garrison
- 1x Brightclimb Pathway Flip
- 1x Buried Ruin
- 1x Command Tower
- 1x Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire
- 1x Godless Shrine
- 1x Marsh Flats
- 6x Mountain
- 1x Myriad Landscape
- 1x Needleverge Pathway Flip
- 1x Orzhov Basilica
- 4x Plains
- 1x Rakdos Carnarium
- 1x Sacred Foundry
- 1x Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- 5x Swamp
How would I change your win condition...well you are trying to do knight tribal...
Consider these cards:
- Bond of Discipline
- Response / Resurgence
- Sorin Markov
- Aether Vial
- Luminarch Aspirant
- Lion Sash
- Harsh Mentor
- Blood Moon
- Price of Progress
- Flametongue Kavu
- Selfless Spirit
- Remorseful Cleric
- Unexpectedly Absent
- Goblin Rabblemaster
- Skyclave Apparition
- Palace Jailer
- Grim Lavamancer
- Bonecrusher Giant
- Dark Confidant
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Leonin Arbiter
- Umezawa's Jitte
- Hunted Horror
- Rotting Regisaur
- Shadow of Mortality
- Hunted Nightmare
- Dauthi Voidwalker
- Robber of the Rich
- Sudden Spoiling
- Esper Sentinel
- Kolaghan's Command
- Walking Ballista
- Felidar Retreat
- Marshal's Anthem
- Forsworn Paladin
- Lunarch Veteran Flip
- Soul Warden
- Soul's Attendant
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned
Remove these cards:
Good luck, and happy hunting. Let me know if you want to continue the conversation or have questions
1 year ago
i took out The Shattered States Era Flip--instead of Orzhov Basilica Akoum Refuge for Concealed Courtyard Bloodfell Caves for Inspiring Vantage Roadside Reliquary for Searstep Pathway Flip Mountain for Brightclimb Pathway Flip