Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield tapped.
When Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Add .
2 weeks ago
Out: 1. Akoum Refuge 2. Bloodfell Caves 3. Boros Garrison 4. Kabira Crossroads 5. Orzhov Basilica 6. Rakdos Carnarium 7. Scoured Barrens 8. Wind-Scarred Crag 9. Opal Palace 10. Path of Ancestry 11. Well of Lost Dreams 12. Merciless Eviction 13. Fell the Mighty 14. Blood Baron of Vizkopa
The land base needed to be refined a bit, so I got rid of anything that comes in tapped and replaced them with basic lands. I also added two legendary lands from Kamigawa, Neon Dynasty.
The board wipes, although decent, were replaced with two that have more flexibility in them - Farewell and Toxic Deluge.
Flawless Maneuver is something I'd like to play test in this deck, so it replaced Well of Lost Dreams since we don't really have a heavy lifegain strategy in this deck (and Necropotence is already in the deck).
Lastly, Blood Baron Vizkopa was replaced with Welcoming Vampire to benefit more off our token strategy with Eminence.
2 months ago
Hey, sweet deck. Let's take a look at win conditions and lands. I've identified a problem with your deck: You aggressively want to control the board with your 1-3 drops. While other players are playing 6 mana bombs every turn your are trying to eke out board advantage with 3 or 4 creatures a turn.
- You don't need board wipes in this deck, they actively go against your game-plan, and in no way help you win.
- Less removal in general. I counted 18 pieces of removal in your instants and sorceries. Keep Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, and Damn and get rid of the rest. You ARE the threat, if your deck is running slowly to the point that you feel like you need removal, you need better creatures.
As for lands, use this mana base.
- 1x Ancient Tomb
- 1x Arid Mesa
- 1x Blightstep Pathway Flip
- 1x Blood Crypt
- 1x Bloodstained Mire
- 1x Bojuka Bog
- 1x Boros Garrison
- 1x Brightclimb Pathway Flip
- 1x Buried Ruin
- 1x Command Tower
- 1x Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire
- 1x Godless Shrine
- 1x Marsh Flats
- 6x Mountain
- 1x Myriad Landscape
- 1x Needleverge Pathway Flip
- 1x Orzhov Basilica
- 4x Plains
- 1x Rakdos Carnarium
- 1x Sacred Foundry
- 1x Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- 5x Swamp
How would I change your win condition...well you are trying to do knight tribal...
Consider these cards:
- Bond of Discipline
- Response / Resurgence
- Sorin Markov
- Aether Vial
- Luminarch Aspirant
- Lion Sash
- Harsh Mentor
- Blood Moon
- Price of Progress
- Flametongue Kavu
- Selfless Spirit
- Remorseful Cleric
- Unexpectedly Absent
- Goblin Rabblemaster
- Skyclave Apparition
- Palace Jailer
- Grim Lavamancer
- Bonecrusher Giant
- Dark Confidant
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Leonin Arbiter
- Umezawa's Jitte
- Hunted Horror
- Rotting Regisaur
- Shadow of Mortality
- Hunted Nightmare
- Dauthi Voidwalker
- Robber of the Rich
- Sudden Spoiling
- Esper Sentinel
- Kolaghan's Command
- Walking Ballista
- Felidar Retreat
- Marshal's Anthem
- Forsworn Paladin
- Lunarch Veteran Flip
- Soul Warden
- Soul's Attendant
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned
Remove these cards:
Good luck, and happy hunting. Let me know if you want to continue the conversation or have questions
2 months ago
i took out The Shattered States Era Flip--instead of Orzhov Basilica Akoum Refuge for Concealed Courtyard Bloodfell Caves for Inspiring Vantage Roadside Reliquary for Searstep Pathway Flip Mountain for Brightclimb Pathway Flip
3 months ago
I didn't know the Radiant Fountain but I'm going to try Orzhov Basilica, the objective was to gain life and trigger Marauding Blight-Priest, the mana curve I don't know if it's good but I'll let it test like this. I think Sanctify will run better, I always want to activate Seeker of the Way Prowess and attack. Era of Enlightenment Flip, Sunblade Samurai, Lotus-Eye Mystics are cards that can come out. this week I will test the deck and give you some feedback, thanks.
3 months ago
The short answer is that you can't make this work the way you're hoping.
The reason is that Orzhov Basilica's bounce doesn't target. You can respond to its enters-the-battlefield trigger by sacrificing your Evolving Wilds, but you haven't chosen the land to bounce yet. Once the Basilica trigger starts resolving, you choose a land and return it to your hand, and this happens in one step - you don't get priority to respond at this point.
If it were a targeted ability, you could make it fizzle by removing the land it targeted in response, but that isn't the case.
3 months ago
4 months ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
6 months ago
Utility Lands I would add: Temple of the False God, Radiant Fountain, Castle Ardenvale, Castle Locthwain, Command Tower, Caves of Koilos, Orzhov Basilica,Rogue's Passage, Seraph Sanctuary, Temple of Silence and Labyrinth of Skophos