Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Human Cleric
When Heliod's Pilgrim enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an Aura card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
9 hours ago
Surprised not to see Heliod's Pilgrim or Moon-Blessed Cleric Or Gauntlets of Light + Sanctum Weaver Sweet deck tho, glad to find it, there are some really good cards here I haven't been using that I will def be adding to my sythis deck.
4 months ago
Hello! I went through your list looking for spots to upgrade, but I found almost none: congratulations, it is really optimized!
Still, I believe you might want to consider some of these cards to increase your engine:
- Since your deck punishes artifacts so heavily (Austere Command, Stony Silence, Titania's Song), I believe Helm of the Gods could be swapped out for Primal Order as a punisher for nonbasic landbases. (Against my decks, it would be doing all the damage.)
- Michiko's Reign of Truth Flip, Katilda, Dawnhart Martyr Flip and Hallowed Haunting might be good finishers for your deck.
4 months ago
Hello! May I step in to give you some recommendations? Since you're on a budget, all cards suggested are 2 dollars or less.
Part 1: Ramp
In: You probably want aura ramp and cost reducers over standard land ramp: Wild Growth, Transcendent Envoy, Hero of Iroas, Jukai Naturalist and Stenn, Paranoid Partisan (choosing Enchantment). These will allow you to storm through your deck casting Auras ad nauseam.
Part 2: Card draw
Just as important as ramp is card draw: Galea won't always be available to you.
Part 3: Removal
Swords to Plowshares is GREAT, no doubt. But, in this kind of deck, you can spice it up with the great Auras that has for removal.
The objective is, then, to use the cheapest Auras that can hit more than one permanent type, with emphasis on "loses its abilities" in the text box.
Part 4: Boardwipes
In: I believe you should run more boardwipes that leave your board mostly untouched. Austere Command is one such example. You almost always will clean all artifacts and the half of creatures that are more dangerous to you. Curse of the Swine is another selective wipe.
Part 5: Protection and Evasion
In Voltron, tempo is crucial.
- In: Negate and Delay are inconditional and cheap counters mana-wise.
- Out: Calculated Dismissal and Frilled Mystic aren't.
Now to the Auras:
- In: Spirit Mantle, Unquestioned Authority and Mask of Law and Grace are protection and evasion at the same time (protection also means it can't be blocked).
- Out: Favor of the Overbeing, Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad.
Following the same logic as with removal, I'm using auras over instants to protect the Voltron.
- In: Shield of the Oversoul, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover.
- Out: Benevolent Blessing, Shielding Plax, Karametra's Blessing. (I believe proactive protection goes miles farther than a reactive one.)
Part 6: Tutors
Part 7: Win Conditions
Out: Bruna, Light of Alabaster is slow and telegraphed in this build. People won't let her stick to the field. Nissa, Steward of Elements is tough to protect in a Voltron build, while she only offers scry, which your lands can already do.
Part 8: Lands
- You might consider more lands that fix your colors and manipulate the top of your library at will: Terramorphic Expanse, Temple of Plenty, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Mystery, Cabaretti Courtyard, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Naya Panorama, Esper Panorama.
- Rogue's Passage is great evasion on a land.
- Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath and Thriving Isle are neat fixing, but the Temples are superior since they play into Galea's strategy.
- Path of Ancestry is great if you're in a 5-color deck or in a tribal-heavy creature deck. This build is neither.
- Lumbering Falls is good for suiting Equipments on, but Auras will just go to the graveyard when this land stops being a creature.
- Azorius Chancery, because you don't run the other two bouncelands.
- Razorverge Thicket. You'll soon realize that the later turns are more important than the early ones in EDH. This land is a beast in Modern, but it is far from worth it in Commander unless you're playing a turn-3 win deck.
- Forest and Forest to give room for the two remaining Panoramas. (With all the land searching above, you're probably more likely now to have a target for Utopia Sprawl than before.)
- Seaside Citadel. I know, I know: tri-lands are great and all, but, in this build, I'm trying to bake the top-of-library manipulation into the manabase so you have more free spell slots for your Auras, similar to what I did with Yennett, Cryptic Oddity (to a great success): each land in it has to either enter untapped somehow or change the top card of the library.
If you read this far, congratulations! Here is the list of the deck with all the suggested alterations, in case you want to test it: Galea, Menacing Aura. Good luck and have fun!
6 months ago
Also (sorry to double post!) but I really like the idea of Skybind in the maybe board. I had an idea once to use flash enchants to aggressively trigger Skybind and blink my opponent's threats off board and trigger enchantress draws and hit my own Heliod's Pilgrim. I never quite got it to work, but the idea was always fun.
6 months ago
Now that's a lot of enchantments : ) I haven't played Light-Paws so I'm sure you have a much better idea, but here are a few I've found really great in an enchant deck:
Swift Reconfiguration is almost my go to lockdown enchantment. Crew 5 is just brutal : )
Prison Term is a lot like some of your enchants with a nice ability to move around the table
Moon-Blessed Cleric one of those cards I was like, eh I've got it, lets see how it does, and it has overperformed for sure. It's similar to Heliod's Pilgrim which is also great, but so nice that it hits all enchantments.
Looks like an awesome build, and I might test it out on here. Light-Paws seems like such an awesome commander and there's a lot of fun in here.
6 months ago
A nice spare Ghostly Prison effect can be found in Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs or Sphere of Safety, there are also Baird, Steward of Argive and Windborn Muse. In a pinch a card like Spurnmage Advocate or Intrepid Hero can make good deterants.
Vs running so many 1 colour wards have thought about Flickering Ward? You can run various tutors that can find it or another Enchantment such as Heliod's Pilgrim or Moon-Blessed Cleric, there are various spells that can do the same or better, plenty can also find equipment. If you do stick Flickering in you could also try Mesa Enchantress, which is also great with enchantments period.
Hope some ideas here apply, I typed this fairly early in the morning, with only so much coffee, so forgive me if this is a heap of spam!
8 months ago
I have a few suggestions for clerics that may be helpful and have tried to keep them below the $1.00 mark to maintain your spirit of budget. I have tried to pick creatures that have an immediate impact or are not mana sinks so they don't compete with your commander for mana resources.
Taborax, Hope's Demise Cheap, flying, potential to grow and rewards you for sacrificing clerics.
Heliod's Pilgrim + Gift of Immortality Granted Gift is not really cheap but if the budget can handle it I think its worthwhile as it lets you get more uses out of your commander per a turn and is even better in multiplayer games.
Orah, Skyclave Hierophant This guy really is the partner your commander needs and there is no down sides to playing him.
Shadow-Rite Priest This guy is pretty solid, small buff to the tribe but a very useful black creature tutor I suggest grabbing Orah first.
Mikaeus, the Lunarch Solid beater if you have the mana or if you only add a couple of counters you can buff your army.
Moon-Blessed Cleric This is an in tribe tutor for enchantments, hard to beat that.
11 months ago
Nice deck : ) I always really liked Firja and this looks like a really nice build for her.
My only suggestion might be to have more permanent based removal rather than instants and sorceries. I have a Bruna, the Fading Light Meld self mill deck and I found that things like Skyclave Apparition or Cast Out and Prison Term are more effective than Swords to Plowshares because they can come back to play and pick new targets, where swords is usually a dead milled card. And something like Spectral Steel can get back something like Swift Reconfiguration which can be super annoying to your opponents. Especially with Heliod's Pilgrim or Moon-Blessed Cleric to tutor removal, play removal, and then replay them off Hall of Heliod's Generosity or a similar effect.
But you would know a lot better than me how it plays : ) Just a suggestion because I play a similar strategy and had my deck change over time to fit the mill theme.