Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
When this enters the battlefield, sacrifice this. When you do, search your library for a basic Mountain, Forest or Plains card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library and you gain 1 life.
4 weeks ago
Thank you for this! It might be old but I do appreciate these. Wanted to also add to anybody who sees: Riveteers Overlook Brokers Hideout Cabaretti Courtyard Obscura Storefront They only pull basics but at least you get the choice for 2. Unfortunately no Abzan version of these.
2 months ago
I play Obuun, Landfall Ancestor, and I came to realize the best removal in landfall is the one that can be used on myself to net more landfall triggers:
- Ghost Quarter is a Strip Mine that can be used on your own lands. Since you run a heavy recursion + extra land drops package, you can recur both in no time.
- Dire-Strain Rampage is another one. Unless instant speed removal is crazily needed, I would run it over Nature's Claim, for it can net you four landfall triggers and two lands in the graveyard, and has the extra benefit on being double-use removal whenever needed, even if milled or discarded.
If you don't mind lands entering the battlefield tapped, you might consider Riveteers Overlook, Cabaretti Courtyard and Brokers Hideout. They are easy double landfall triggers that immediately set themselves up for recursion. There also are Obscura Storefront and Maestros Theater, but I believe the green ones are the most important, since they can lead on turn 1 to guarantee a green spell on turn 2 without losing tempo.
4 months ago
Oracle of Mul Daya, Where Ancients Tread, Scapeshift, Awaken the Woods, Harrow, Conduit of Worlds, Cabaretti Courtyard, Riveteers Overlook, Ghost Town, Field of the Dead, City on Fire, Life from the Loam, Greensleeves, Maro-Sorcerer, Exploration, Nissa, Resurgent Animist, Titania, Nature's Force
Any reason to add a couple snow basics?
4 months ago
Hello! May I step in to give you some recommendations? Since you're on a budget, all cards suggested are 2 dollars or less.
Part 1: Ramp
In: You probably want aura ramp and cost reducers over standard land ramp: Wild Growth, Transcendent Envoy, Hero of Iroas, Jukai Naturalist and Stenn, Paranoid Partisan (choosing Enchantment). These will allow you to storm through your deck casting Auras ad nauseam.
Part 2: Card draw
Just as important as ramp is card draw: Galea won't always be available to you.
Part 3: Removal
Swords to Plowshares is GREAT, no doubt. But, in this kind of deck, you can spice it up with the great Auras that has for removal.
The objective is, then, to use the cheapest Auras that can hit more than one permanent type, with emphasis on "loses its abilities" in the text box.
Part 4: Boardwipes
In: I believe you should run more boardwipes that leave your board mostly untouched. Austere Command is one such example. You almost always will clean all artifacts and the half of creatures that are more dangerous to you. Curse of the Swine is another selective wipe.
Part 5: Protection and Evasion
In Voltron, tempo is crucial.
- In: Negate and Delay are inconditional and cheap counters mana-wise.
- Out: Calculated Dismissal and Frilled Mystic aren't.
Now to the Auras:
- In: Spirit Mantle, Unquestioned Authority and Mask of Law and Grace are protection and evasion at the same time (protection also means it can't be blocked).
- Out: Favor of the Overbeing, Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad.
Following the same logic as with removal, I'm using auras over instants to protect the Voltron.
- In: Shield of the Oversoul, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover.
- Out: Benevolent Blessing, Shielding Plax, Karametra's Blessing. (I believe proactive protection goes miles farther than a reactive one.)
Part 6: Tutors
Part 7: Win Conditions
Out: Bruna, Light of Alabaster is slow and telegraphed in this build. People won't let her stick to the field. Nissa, Steward of Elements is tough to protect in a Voltron build, while she only offers scry, which your lands can already do.
Part 8: Lands
- You might consider more lands that fix your colors and manipulate the top of your library at will: Terramorphic Expanse, Temple of Plenty, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Mystery, Cabaretti Courtyard, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Naya Panorama, Esper Panorama.
- Rogue's Passage is great evasion on a land.
- Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath and Thriving Isle are neat fixing, but the Temples are superior since they play into Galea's strategy.
- Path of Ancestry is great if you're in a 5-color deck or in a tribal-heavy creature deck. This build is neither.
- Lumbering Falls is good for suiting Equipments on, but Auras will just go to the graveyard when this land stops being a creature.
- Azorius Chancery, because you don't run the other two bouncelands.
- Razorverge Thicket. You'll soon realize that the later turns are more important than the early ones in EDH. This land is a beast in Modern, but it is far from worth it in Commander unless you're playing a turn-3 win deck.
- Forest and Forest to give room for the two remaining Panoramas. (With all the land searching above, you're probably more likely now to have a target for Utopia Sprawl than before.)
- Seaside Citadel. I know, I know: tri-lands are great and all, but, in this build, I'm trying to bake the top-of-library manipulation into the manabase so you have more free spell slots for your Auras, similar to what I did with Yennett, Cryptic Oddity (to a great success): each land in it has to either enter untapped somehow or change the top card of the library.
If you read this far, congratulations! Here is the list of the deck with all the suggested alterations, in case you want to test it: Galea, Menacing Aura. Good luck and have fun!
8 months ago
Welcome to big board state club! (I used to run G/W populate back in the day).
Disclaimer: not sure what your budget is for recommendations, so I'm going to go by what I see here (Dockside, Smothering Tithe, Parallel Lives level of cost for individual recommendations).
Next, land base. The single best thing I did for my Esper deck was upgrading my land base. You don't have to go super hard here to see results, but I would put together a list like: 1x Cabaretti Courtyard 1x Command Tower 1x Jungle Shrine 1x Sungrass Prairie 1x Rockfall Vale 1x Branchloft Pathway Flip 1x Needleverge Pathway Flip 1x Rogue's Passage 1x Kessig Wolf Run 1x Gavony Township. If you like this route, there are even more cheaper dual lands you can add in like the Temple of Triumph and friends.
There are a few cuts or substitutions that I think the main deck could make really easily:
Ultramarines Honour Guard -> Caller of the Pack. If Ghired attacks with a creature that has Myriad, he can populate the token that Myriad creates, but the Populated token forgets about the exile clause. Thus, you can end up with a theoretically infinite horde of creatures. It's fantastic. :D
I would replace Momentous Fall with Teferi's Protection or Akroma's Will or Grand Crescendo - some extra source of board wipe dodging. I don't think your creatures are really big enough to warrant a momentous fall.
I would also replace Druid's Deliverance with one of the aforementioned board wipe dodges. There are also some cheaper options like Your Temple is Under Attack, Unbreakable Formation, Make a Stand. Reasoning being: you should have enough board state to block things that want to hurt you, as long as you keep your board alive.
As far as making tokens sooner: well, if you want to do that, you're going to have to run some cheaper creatures.... or ramp faster. I'd probably opt for ramping faster, TBH, since your creatures are really cool. If you add the entire Gruul Signet and friends, along with the Talismans I mentioned earlier, that should get you to the minimum ramp package in tricolor EDH to make sure you can play quickly.
Brindle Shoat and Call of the Conclave are some decent options for turn 3 tokens you might consider, as well. But adding those would also require cutting other stuff.... horrible choice I don't envy you : P
Sorry for the wall of text...Hope that helps, and happy building!
Tic12 on Titania EDH
10 months ago
Hi, nice deck list, looks like fun to play.
10 months ago
Suture Priest Lunarch Veteran Flip Impassioned Orator Kor Celebrant Pious Evangel Flip Auriok Champion Healer of the Pride Riveteers Overlook Cabaretti Courtyard Maestros Theater Obscura Storefront Brokers Hideout Sigarda's Splendor Trespasser's Curse Cleric of Life's Bond Prism Ring Tablet of the Guilds Soulmender Silent Attendant Apothecary Initiate Ghost-Lit Redeemer
1 year ago
I think Riveteers Overlook would be a small upgrade (1 life) over Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse. You could also rock Maestros Theater over Rocky Tar Pit, and Cabaretti Courtyard instead of Mountain Valley.
One thing to note is that the Capenna lands won't be able to find your Overgrown Tomb / Cinder Glade like your current dual-color fetches can. Still, I think the extra landfall triggers in the same turn warrant the replacement.