At the beginning of your upkeep, if an opponent controls more lands than you, you may search your library for up to three basic land cards, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.
|Want (4)||DuncanBear26 , AilonRouge , Rabu , SocioShadow|
Printings View all
|Battlebond (BBD)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Rare|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Land Tax occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
WB (Orzhov): 0.62%
WU (Azorius): 1.32%
Land Tax Discussion
6 hours ago
Oath of the White Orchid 1WW
For each opponent who controls more lands than you, you may search your search your library for a Plains card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards. Then you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
This is some where between Knight of the White Orchid, Land Tax and Cultivate. Its power level varies massively depending on turn order, but it can be anywhere from "play an additional land" and "search for three lands and put one of them onto the battlefield".
1 day ago
Quilphin, thanks for the recommendations. I have to update this list but I've actually been running Smothering Tithe because it's just good, and Land Tax with Scroll Rack, Skullclamp and some token support to add draw power but it has been inconsistent. I'll definitely try slotting the wheels in.
2 days ago
This is a good start. Good number of boardwipes and removal.
Not knowing your desired budget, power level or intended way to win, I am limited in how I can help.
For now, I'll keep things budget, and mostly suggest cards from the two most important categories in EDH, Card Draw and Ramp.
Ramp: With the curve you have currently, you'll need more. We will also attempt to lower the curve while cutting.
- Smothering Tithe. Dang. I thought this was more budget friendly. ST is very powerful, and a solid white staple that Boros needs. It's a good purchase.
- Generator Servant. Not really ramp, more of a ritual, but it can pump out a big boi 2 turns early with haste!
- Talisman of Conviction
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Prismatic Lens
- Burnished Hart pet card, but it's solid ramp.
- Neheb, the Eternal could turn all of you X-spell boardwipes into a game winning play.
- Coldsteel Heart
And as she starts to build more decks and play more, a greater emphasis on 2cmc mana rocks over everything else will hopefully flourish.
Draw: Here's where you're really struggling.
- Reforge the Soul + other wheels are great with Smothering Tithe
- Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion is card selection, ramp, and a big attacker all in one.
- Land Tax (expensive) and Tectonic Reformation
- Humble Defector. My second favorite card in Magic, and a total pet card, but it's so good! If she's good at politics and making deals she can make this a card draw engine. Advise her to use it, give it to the least dangerous opponent on the condition that they a) give it back immediately and b) do some other small favor.
- Tome of Legends if you decide to switch commanders, or if she finds she attacks a lot.
- Prophetic Flamespeaker and Grenzo, Havoc Raiser get cards from attacking.
- Khorvath's Fury will wheel you and lower life totals.
- Etali, Primal Storm another on-theme way to get card advantage.
- Outpost Siege heard good things, but have never tried it myself.
- Ignite the Future is fast becoming one of my favorite red draw spells. Solid value.
Adding a bunch of these will let her have a way better time. More cards in hand = more fun.
- Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero solid protection piece. Consider him as the commander.
- Boros Charm another protection piece, with utility.
- Extra combat effects.
- Lower the CMC of your boardwipes.
- Try to lower the CMC over all.
Cuts to consider:
- Basandra, Battle Seraph
- Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
- Dawnbreak Reclaimer
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Hunted Dragon
- Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas
- Phyrexian Soulgorger
- Leyline of Combustion
- Victory's Herald
Hope some of this helps!
2 days ago
4 days ago
For all the negative things I say about mono white, you built this commander well. Hedron Archive addressed both ramp and card draw which you need in the deck.
I see that flash and felidar sovergn. You sneaky, I like!
1 week ago
so, after rigorous playtesting, I have come up with some cards to cut and add that will hopefully msk the deck better:
Alabaster Kirin This does absolutely nothing, has no prison effects, and is kinda useless here
Baird, Steward of Argive His prison effect is okay, but you can definitely slot in better options for not too much more money
Knight of Sursi Once again, just a vanilla card that doesn't do anything except get a small body on the battlefield, which isnt very good in commander, even if it is indestructible
Misthoof Kirin Only really okay in a morph deck, this is kinda useless here
Segovian Angel a 1/1 with vigilance has to swing 120 times to win. just a terrible card all around.
Silver Knight Kinda bad, doesn't really do much .
Shepherd of the Lost this would be good if it have every other creature it's abilities, but alas, it's kinda terrible, especially because I'm smelling a voltron sub-theme around Avacyn
White Knight Unless your in a very black heavy meta, this is just bad, and is barley passable even if you have said meta
All your lands except basic plains. You need more utility lands, not just non-basics that do nothing
Wing Shards This one is debatable, although I don't see you casting a bunch of spells and having the mana to cast this, due to the lack of ramp you have.
Armillary Sphere bad ramp
Traveler's Amulet bad ramp
Orazca Relic have fun waiting 5 turns to get blessing and then only drawing one card
Take Vengeance crappy removal
Bishop of Wings I don't see this deck supporting an angel tribal
all the Moxen, while expensive, they are amazing and can let you ramp to Avacyn as soon as turn 3
Sol Ring amazing ramp
Thran Dynamo amazing ramp
Commander's Sphere great ramp
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben super good stax/prison
Sphere of Safety typically opponents will have to pay 3-4 for each attacking creature. brutal
Sword of Fire and Ice really good equipment that deals with the two most problematic colors to this deck, however it's very expensive.
Path to Exile great removal
Blazing Archon if you're playing prison with Avacyn out, you basically can't lose
Windborn Muse STAXXXXX
Pacifism good removal
Norn's Annex great way to both deter your opponents and punish them for attacking you
Smothering Tithe you will be generating a TON of mana
Crawlspace amazing pillow fort card
Archangel of Tithes amazing pillow fort, and has the flavor bonus of being an angel
Felidar Sovereign you will probably always have 40 or more life, especially with all the stax you're throwing around, so easy wincon
Approach of the Second Sun another great wincon
Aegis of the Gods great for not getting burned out
Generous Gift awesome removal
Teferi's Protection because teferi's protection
Elixir of Immortality amazing card to clutch up with
Thought Vessel good ability plus some ramp
Homeward Path great land
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx always great in a mono colored deck. Even better with Avacyn's triple-cost
Maze of Ith great utility land
Tectonic Edge great land destruction
Field of Ruin great land destruction
Thanks so much for reading my list, and I hope this has been some help to you. My main problem with this deck was it ran too much inefficient removal and bad creatures, but once these are added in, I think the deck should be a lot for mean. Have a great day! =)
1 week ago
@vediusmaps - that's an awesome idea! I never knew that card exist! Will definitely include it in the next major update of the deck.. Thanks for the suggestion!