At the beginning of your upkeep, if an opponent controls more lands than you, you may search your library for up to three basic land cards, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.
|Want (4)||asan521 , zachi , shpadoinkle , Streyken|
Printings View all
|Double Masters (2XM)||Mythic Rare|
|Battlebond (BBD)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Rare|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Land Tax Discussion
1 day ago
I took a quick look, and your curve is there. It seems to be a bit heavy at CMC 5. If you're having issues with being able to play your cards, I'd suggest you replace 5 CMC cards with more ramp spells. Since it's an aristocrats deck, Gold Myr and Leaden Myr may be useful. Other than that, you have Fellwar Stone, Everflowing Chalice, Skyclave Relic, Worn Powerstone, and Wayfarer's Bauble should help you ramp better. Land Tax is sort of like ramp, and it's a very strong card. It also lets you shuffle your deck any turn you want to.
5 days ago
esperdeathblade Brightclimb Pathway Flip definitely makes the cut over a swamp. I could see an argument for not running it since the manabase is already good, and I may want 3 full triggers off Land Tax. Getting two lands instead of three off tax isn't the end of the world though. Otherwise, Zendikar Rising was quite underwhelming for Teysa due to the lack of aristocrat-style cards. I am excited for Commander Legends though, which is fast approaching.
1 week ago
Thanks for your indepth advice, I see you have a similar deck! OK.
possible Card Draw additions:
2 weeks ago
Ancient Tomb and Prismatic Vista are great land additions I would consider, and if you need it, possibly Gemstone Caverns or Gemstone Mine. I also personally enjoy Reflecting Pool, which could function better than some tap lands in my opinion. Strip Mine and Wasteland are also quite useful in most situations and can put your opponent a turn behind if necessary. Land Tax is a great ramp card in boros colors and I would certainly consider it, as well as Boros Signet, Talisman of Conviction, and of course Pearl Medallion/Ruby Medallion. In addition to these mana base suggestions, I would consider Teferi's Protection as it is one of the best white cards ever printed. Hope this helps, and enjoy your day! Happy tapping!
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
How Does Land Tax work if you have no basic lands in your deck?
3 weeks ago
We like your deck! It looks fun to play and you have a decent all-around mix in here to make it relatively resilient. Here are some ideas we had:
- Weathered Wayfarer: white is not good at playing lots of land. This guy can compensate for that and will allow you to keep a bit better pace with decks utilizing green.
- Land Tax: superb land fetching card, but a bit more expensive to obtain than Weathered Wayfarer.
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal: this guy can make your creatures much more versatile in both defensive and offensive situations.
- Darien, King of Kjeldor: seems to fit your theme and fun to combine with Divine Visitation.
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion/Elspeth, Knight-Errant: both of these seem to fit your theme better than Gideon Blackblade.
- Austere Command: one of the most versatile wipe cards in existence; in our opinion it should be in every deck utilizing white.
Have fun brewing and playing! Many regards,
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980