Temple of Silence
Temple of Silence enters the battlefield tapped
When Temple of Silence enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Gain or .
|Want (8)||Shabazzle , xxxxxxxxxZombiexxxxxxxxx , AvarkusMagic , spacejamz , manperson000 , Teurf , bCubed , Roi|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Temple of Silence occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Temple of Silence Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hey, Skullclamp is one of the better repeatable die effects with Teysa since drawing 4 cards each time you equip to a creature for 1 mana is very good value. Skullclamp could replace Wayfarer's Bauble. The maybeboard is packed full of good cards that could be upgrades and there's several budget cards there to consider adding.
- Arcane Signet
- Talisman of Hierarchy
- Viscera Seer
- Archon of Justice
- Sun Titan
- Court of Grace
- Demon's Disciple
- Woe Strider
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Kaya's Wrath
- Generous Gift
- High Market
- Tainted Field
- Temple of Silence
These cards could replace:
- Vivid Marsh
- Vivid Meadow
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Gavony Unhallowed
- Dauntless Cathar
- Voracious Null
- Unruly Mob
- Countless Gears Renegade
- Thallid Omnivore
- Bone Splinters
- Elixir of Immortality
- Fellwar Stone
- Thallid Soothsayer
Other good budget cards with Teysa: Dark Prophecy, Midnight Reaper, Dreadhorde Invasion, Victimize, Ministrant of Obligation, Marauding Blight-Priest, Path of Ancestry, Witch's Cottage, Esper Panorama, Ash Barrens.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
1 month ago
I love the idea of the deck! I think I'll try it myself!
Do you plan to improve on your mana base? Myself, dry-playtesting, I find it missing Swamps in most cases. The most mana-demanding Murderous Rider and its Adventure takes 2x with CMC=3, whereas any spell that demands 2x is only at CMC=4 and higher.
I think you could and swap additional Plains into Castle Locthwain. Fabled Passage should find its place here too. This, with a full set of Temple of Silence instead of Scoured Barrens will help with the late game mana flood!
What do you think?
2 months ago
Looking through your lands:
I would probably not run Witch's Cottage. Seeing as you only have 15 of your lands that are Swamps (12 basics, 1 Urborg, 1 Shockland, 1 Alpha-Dual) to enable the rest of the payoff, the amount of times you can reliably trigger this effect and get something useful out of it, seems to be overshadowed by a tapped land on any other occasion.
You have 6 (7) lands that by themselves only tap for colorless - one is Cabal Coffers and doesn't tap by itself, another is Nykthos that requires a great deal before it starts tapping for colored mana. I would worry to end up with too many non-colored sources, especially since you run with low cost cards with limited generic costs. I would say you don't have enough mass-draw to get proper value out of Reliquary Tower, so I would replace that with a colored source. Personally I would drop Hall of Heliod's Generosity as well, but that's up to your attachment to your selection of enchantments.
I would probably replace some of these with an Evolving Wilds (just for the fixing) and basics. You can also look forward to Vault of Champions. You could consider Temple of Silence. Normally I would suggest High Market as a sac outlet within your lands (and thus seldom removed), but you do have quite a few sac outlets in your deck, so it should be possible to get redundant copies.
I'm a little puzzled why you run the Snow-covered basics... Are there many people in your playgroup that uses Extraplanar Lens? Or is it just an aesthetic thing?
I don't know your playgroup, but I would say you're a little light on interaction. It seems you're mostly focused on doing your thing. So if an opponent is doing their thing better/faster, you have very little means to change that outcome. Just something to consider.
3 months ago
Ok, deck has been updated.
4 months ago
It was playing really well. The biggest problem was that it is not Ugin, the Spirit Dragon. Everything else was working great. It churns out zombies very well. it played consistently. I tried putting in Banishing Light because I only had one Deputy of Detention but being able to fetch the Deputy and always having an abundance of 2 drop enchantments makes it pretty crucial. I did add one Deputy (giving me 2 now) and I think I'm gonna tinker with the other two slots. I think I have 2 Dungeon Geists that I'll throw in for now.
The only other change I made was adding 2x Temple of Silence and removing Wolfwillow Haven as I was getting stuck without white mana too often. I also removed Kenrith's Transformation to accommodate The Binding of the Titans which play pretty well with the rest of the deck.
4 months ago
If you'd like some inspiration for your list, I have 2 Orzhov lists you can look at that I like. This one is more in tune with what you're looking to do, this other one is more based discouraging the opponent from doing anything by playing cards that make them lose life for interactions. Might be worth checking out!
- Baneslayer Angel (Good in a vacuum, not great for what this list wants to do. A touch too slow.)
- Tymaret, Chosen from Death (Too cute. Functionally he doesn't bring you closer to your Vito win-con, and his ability isn't really what you'd want to be spending mana on to do so.)
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance (I see what you're going for here, but it also feels too cute. It's not bad, just not fantastic either.
- Basri Ket (He's just making bad cards better. He's unnecessary for your Vito win-con.)
- Evolving Wilds (This can easily be swapped for Fabled Passage, does the same thing but can have lands enter untapped.)
- Radiant Fountain (You're not going to be finding this on the draw, and doesn't really help you otherwise. Might as well swap that for another Swamp)
- Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence (All for these, but for the amount of 1-3 drop creatures you're looking to play, it would seem like you're going to be running into some mana issues. Would absolutely put in some Godless Shrine for this list since you can just heal back the damage it deals anyhow)
- Griffin Aerie (Another cute card. I get what you're going for with it, but I don't know how well it helps you get into your Vito win-con.)
- Light of Hope (Feels a bit niche. Not quite cute, just niche. There's likely better cards than this.)
As a general note, decent cards that make bad cards better aren't the answer. Look at how your win condition is typically met, and find more direct and impactful ways to influence it.
Cards You Got Right
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose (Duh)
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned (Definitely works in your favor, just gotta watch out for your devotion.)
- Mangara, the Diplomat (Interesting card, definitely can serve as a nice draw engine against aggro decks)
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (He's great utility, and 100% sets you up to get a bunch of Vito triggers)
- Healer's Hawk (Staple lifegain creature, is super easy to get down and make use out of)
- Heartless Act or Eliminate (Could be a replacement for Mortify, as both are cheaper and have a little more use)
- Fabled Passage (See above for Evolving Wilds)
- Godless Shrine (See above for Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence)
- Rhox Faithmender (A nice addition to the list, makes the Vito triggers hit even harder)
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride (Nice way to gain life, and he can easily sweep the board if he needs to)
- Ajani's Pridemate and/or Bloodthirsty Aerialist (Plays into that 'Whenever you gain life, put a 1/1 on a creature' thing you seem to like)
4 months ago
Nice (here you go giant tribal too lol)
You need at least 4 black temples too I think, otherwise you will find the Riders hard to cast, and they are your more reliable removal.