Combos Browse all Suggest
- Final Fortune + Isochron Scepter + Sundial of the Infinite
- Isochron Scepter + Paradox Engine + Pyretic Ritual
- Desperate Ritual + Isochron Scepter + Paradox Engine
- Isochron Scepter + Lightning Bolt + Paradox Engine
- Isochron Scepter + Tolarian Winds
- Isochron Scepter + Silence
- Guttersnipe + Isochron Scepter
- Dark Ritual + Isochron Scepter + Voltaic Key
- Isochron Scepter + Lightning Bolt
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + Power Artifact
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Imprint — When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand. (The exiled card is imprinted onto this artifact.)
, : You may copy the exiled card. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
Coward_Token on March of the Machine
2 days ago
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor: Good call, wasn't aware that it was up.
• A double-faced token (one that transforms): Templating sounds like it'll be wordy e,g. "Create a 1/1 black Phyrexian creature with "B: Transform this creature" that transforms into a 3/3 black Phyrexian Horror creature."
• A card that costs XUUUU: More efficient Mass Manipulation?
• A legendary creature returns not seen since Homelands: Irini Sengir? AFAIK all the other immortals have had reprints, and I could see her teaming up with Daughter of Autumn. For reference. (A much better idea: Vampire Chandler)
• Two draft archetypes that have a creature type matters component (one of which is Phyrexians - see above): Angel?
• The tenth _ & ___ sword: Blue & Black. I was thinking "Oil and Water", but the naming scheme for the ally-colored Swords tend to be complementary rather than contrasting. Dunno either what mechanics they'll use, most seem to have been snatched by the rest.
Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:
• “You may cast spells with flash or flying from the top of your library.”: Some blue-inclusive pairing, can't think of which tho.
• “where X is the excess damage dealt this way.”
• “This spell can’t be copied.”: AFAIK stuff like Isochron Scepter and Mizzix's Mastery can still copy it while it's a card outside of the stack
• “Each player can’t cast more than one non-Phyrexian spell each turn.”: Not a fan of this, feels situationally bad.
• “Whenever a permanent you control transforms or a permanent enters the battlefield under your control transformed,”: Hoping Tovolar Flip will be able to use this.
• “If the opponent protects it, remove a defense counter from it.”: Guessing this is for a Battle card and that it's indeed something Monarch-like.
• “At the beginning of your upkeep, if you haven’t been dealt combat damage since your last turn, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.”: Interesting seeing as the last set had Phyrexian Arena.
Finally, here are some Phyrexians in the set:
• Creature – Phyrexian Bear Rhino: Ikoria-based
• Creature – Phyrexian Devil: Innistrad-based, I hope. Would be funny since then it'd be Norn-ish.
• Creature – Phyrexian Dog Warrior: Tarkir-based
• Creature – Phyrexian Jackal: Jackal Pup reference? Otherwise you could go with Amonketh, although the lack of class makes me doubtful.
• Creature – Phyrexian Shark: Mmmm yess
And some creature type lines of denizens fighting them:
• Creature – Raccoon Warrior: Capenna-based
• Creature – Goblin Spellshaper: no idea what it'll Spellshape
• Creature – Wolverine Dinosaur: Again, Ikoria.
• Legendary Creature – Elder Giant Dog: As pointed out, Kroxa + Kunoros
• Legendary Creature – Ape Dinosaur Turtle: Kogla + Yidaro, Wandering Monster. Feels kinda weird since they don't seem like very natural enemies?
king-saproling on Uncle Unctus
4 days ago
Urza, Lord High Artificer could work well considering Unc can turn creatures into artifacts. He pops off with Pemmin's Aura and Freed from the Real.
Other cards that might be worth considering: Pili-Pala, Grand Architect, Illusionist's Bracers, Clock of Omens, Gush, Isochron Scepter, Drake Haven, Opposition, Wharf Infiltrator, Ashnod's Altar, Teferi's Ageless Insight
fluffyeel on Yuriko, The Tiger’s Shadow
1 month ago
Ninjas are awesome: one of my EDH decks is a Yuriko deck that makes people "very happy". And it's a good start that you have! Some thoughts about things to add that vary in budget-friendliness:
- I like a lot of spells that you don't pay full price for, but that will hurt if Yuriko flips them. Commit / Memory, Dig Through Time, The Magic Mirror, Shadow of Mortality, and Commandeer are all, if memory serves, not so expensive price-wise and also quite powerful. (Force of Will is another classic, but I don't recommend it unless you have it because it's quite pricey!)
- Other good evasive creatures/enablers are Krydle of Baldur's Gate, Wonder, Nighthawk Scavenger, and Vampire Nighthawk. If you have one, Bitterblossom is also another great generator for nuisances.
- One of Yuriko's main tricks (or how I play her) is really being able to adjust your library on demand for maximum pain and suffering (for your opponents). Of course, Vampiric Tutor and Mystical Tutor are (expensive) classics, but Lim-Dul's Vault is a go-to I use, as is Sensei's Divining Top. For any of the instants, Isochron Scepter is great for repeatable "fun" with a lot of your stuff.
- Another option to maximize pain is any of the double-faced spell/land cards from Zendikar Rising, like Sea Gate Restoration Flip, Zof Consumption Flip, Umara Wizard Flip... not all of them are good, but they are great things to flip with Yuriko.
Gidgetimer on Can anyone help me pick …
1 month ago
You can link cards by enclosing the name in double brackets. I'll do so here so that people can get an idea of the colors/strategies that these cards support.
Looking at this list I'd say the most cards you are going to fit into a single deck would be some sort of Nekusar force feed deck with Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter in it. This would let you run Scalding Tarn, Valakut Awakening Flip, Takenuma, Abandoned Mire, Tergrid, God of Fright Flip, and Isochron Scepter. It definitely wouldn't be the most powerful Nekusar deck, but it would let you run the maximum number of the listed cards IMO.
plakjekaas on Pattern Recognition #270 - Split …
1 month ago
The Pain side of Pain / Suffering could not be placed under Isochron Scepter, not even under the old rules. It's not a mana cost issue though, the Scepter doesn't take Sorcery cards. Stand, from Stand / Deliver would have worked.
legendofa on There is No Future, There is Only Now
1 month ago
enpc I like the Isochron Scepter combo here. Don't know why I didn't think of it. I have a Scepter available, too.
Whir of Invention was a maybe; I was unsure of the triple . It's getting a trial run.
The other three are good untappers. Instill Energy looks like the strongest of the three in a vacuum, and it will find a place in here. I'll slot the other two in for now, but I'm a little worried this will be too much redundancy using up card slots.
enpc on There is No Future, There is Only Now
1 month ago
Since you're running a bunch of mana dorks, adding Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal could be strong here. All you need to do is hit 2 mana worth of dorks/rocks and you're good from there.
Whir of Invention is another card worth adding since right now all your combos use an artifact.
I would also look to add stuff like Kiora's Follower - while it doesn't work inside of combo, outside of that it's still a mana dork and an untapper.
Instill Energy and Nature's Chosen are both interesting card here, again they aren't combo cards but let you generate a lot of value with your commander.
reddeath68 on Everything Has a Price
2 months ago
CaveBoy I did not consider Isochron Scepter because artifact removal is rampant and the set up would take too long to be very useful against faster decks. As for Temporal Extortion, I had thought about it at one point but eventually decided against it because of speed and cost.
|Have (5)||metalmagic , reikitavi , Azdranax , sachiel2nd , sepheroth119|
|Want (14)||DeadCanadian , fibion101 , ArtistaFeo , Wriggley , OrcishMetal , Amaterasu312 , BushDidTheBastille , Kaa , jhalko , bladeoathkeeper , AjaxSlumbering , Jerv , ZAC727 , beesaurs|