Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has trample and lifelink.
: Permanents your opponents control lose hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.
Equip (: Attach this to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the creature this card is attached to leaves the battlefield.)
2 days ago
- Aetherflux Reservoir
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Astarion's Thirst
- Blade of the Bloodchief
- Blind Obedience
- Bontu's Monument
- Boros Charm
- Captivating Vampire
- Champion of Dusk
- Cordial Vampire
- Dusk Legion Duelist
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose
- Falkenrath Noble
- Forerunner of the Legion
- Gifted Aetherborn
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned
- Herald's Horn
- Mithril Coat
- Nighthawk Scavenger
- Olivia's Wrath
- Path to Exile
- Phyrexian Arena
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Sorin Markov
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
- Stroke of Midnight
- Stromkirk Captain
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Swords to Plowshares
- The Ozolith
- Twilight Prophet
- Weathered Wayfarer
- Wayfarer's Bauble
I would suggest switching out some of the cards that are a bit too focused, if that makes sense. For example Soothing Balm for Exsanguinate or Bishop's Soldier for Gifted Aetherborn. Otherwise this looks great! I included a few suggestions for mana fixing and protections. Need to keep your commander alive! Some of these are a bit expensive so they can be substituted later if you end up liking the deck and want to upgrade it.
1 month ago
So recently I started to get confused with Foils and just wanted to ask a simple question. Do cards that have a special Foil (like Surge Foil) also have a normal Foil variants?
For more context: I have this card Shadowspear, it was my box topper for a Set-Booster-Display (LTR set). I'm unsure what Foil I have, since it has a Surge Foil variant. Could it be, that I have a Surge Foil or just a normal Foil?
1 month ago
It's been a couple of years, and the Hydra horde have matured!
Thanks for all your great suggestions while I've been away. I can see that the deck could need an overhaul with all the wonderful new cards
The following are now under consideration
- Vivien Reid: all her abilities seems useful
- Unbound Flourishing: Wait what? More doubling! Sign me up, double time.
- Traverse the Outlands: Prune deck for all lands AND put them into play? Awesomesauce!
- The Great Henge: Seems alrigt. Not sure it's worth a slot, but ramp and card draw.
- Shadowspear: Trample and some other nice stuff
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds: Very good alternate commander. Will clearly be better than Polukranos, World Eater, but I'm not sure I can have an Elf Scout piloting a Hydra deck? Or can I? If so, I for sure need
- Umbral Mantle to go full retard on the board
- Rishkar's Expertise may be quite a good draw spell, but I hate to discard
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: Lots of more mana. Would never +1 her, but if she comes out under Doubling Season, the -8 emblem sounds pretty sexy.
- Monstrous Onslaught: There is a hydra on the card. Nuff said
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary: Could be alright to draw some cards. But makes X one less. not sure
- Karametra's Acolyte: bonkers ramp
- Invigorating Surge: double +2 counters on a hydra. Could be fine?
- Infiltration Lens: Fixes draw for cheap! In this deck it surely beats Skullclamp
- Garruk's Uprising: Pretty good draw engine for the hydrating hydras
- Emerald Medallion: Okay is. Not sure it's good enough compared to the more expensive options
- Branching Evolution: Wait what? Yet another doubler? How are you doing?
New Hydras to make room for:
1 month ago
I recommend giving a creature lifelink or using one that already has it (Rhox Faithmender is probably best, maybe with Shadowspear attached), attacking or blocking, gaining that much life, (or more with Rhox Faithmender) and putting that many +1/+1 counters directly back into the lifelink. (Cradle of Vitality)
1 month ago
Skullclamp feels like an auto-include when you can pump out sacrificial thulls.
I don't think Raphael is very good. He's very expensive for +1/1 and lifelink. You happen to use some demons, which is incidentally useful, but I think your deck will be worse if you start excluding better creatures because they aren't demons. For instance.... Jeska loves Ball Lightning and Lightning Skelemental. And Hunted Horror can attack for 21 on the earliest turn that you could possibly play jeska. It doesn't even need haste.
If you use want to use sheoldred the apocalypse, play wheels. The only reason not to would be if you intentionally want to weaken your deck because it's overpowered. If so I'd cut sheoldred before I'd consider not using wheels in these colors.
Combat Celebrant is a good secondary source of extra combats.
Death's Shadow + lifelink and jeska is kinda silly when you get low.
2 months ago
you currently have no form of interaction with your opponent, which’ll mean you automatically lose to any deck faster than you, as well as any combo deck. I would really strongly suggest having ways to mess with the opponent - because rest-assured they will for you.
all the equipment cards you’ve got are normally only practical/usable in decks running either Urza's Saga or Stoneforge Mystic to fetch them up for free. Without a way to freely fetch them, I don’t see a reason to run them. Added to this, Sword of Fire and Ice is the only actually good equipment here (Shadowspear is only useful alongside an artifact heavy deck, Basilisk Collar is only ever good with Walking Ballista, the rest are terrible in all situations).
2 months ago
Should definitely be rocking Shadowspear as another way to enhance the removal.