Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has trample and lifelink.
: Permanents your opponents control lose hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.
|Want (3)||TrashPanda69 , Kotaff , Tishana|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Shadowspear occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
3 days ago
Yeah, trample would be a game changer. That is one of the reasons I still run Shadowspear in my list. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
4 days ago
I feel like this deck wants to be fairly aggro, but you've built it to have quite a bit of control.
Arena and other fight effects could help you ditch your stolen creature similar to the Fling mechanics you currently have. I feel like you'll run out steam really quickly with all of these one-off effects. Maybe use Jalira, Master Polymorphist for a repeatable way to transform random stuff you steal from opponents into useful permanent stuff you need. I would also recommend Prime Speaker Vannifar or any other card with this effect like Birthing Pod. Throw in some really good, efficient green creatures too.
You should be getting enough card advantage by stealing opponents' stuff and transforming it into flings and polymorphs, but the deck needs to win. You're relying on the opponents having good creatures to steal, but you need to have good creatures too.
Yasova is a really cool commander, not one I see often. I like where you are going with this. Good luck!
1 week ago
Disenchant,, Generous Gift,, Skyclave Apparition,, Myriad Landscape,, Endless Atlas,, Strata Scythe,, Emeria, The Sky Ruin,, Mangara, the Diplomat,, Sun Titan,, Land Tax,, War Room,, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx,, Heliod's Intervention,, Court of Grace,, Keeper of the Accord,, Shadowspear,, Cathars' Crusade,, Commander's Plate,, Mind's Eye,, Winds of Abandon,, Crib Swap,, Afterlife,, Seal of Cleansing,, Aura of Silence,, Revoke Existence,, Fragmentize,, Angelic Purge,, Path to Exile,, Swords to Plowshares,, Smothering Tithe,, Enlightened Tutor.
Just to name a few to consider.
2 weeks ago
I would trade out Control Magic for Chamber of Manipulation which can turn any card in your hand into a control magic. It doesn't give it haste and it doesn't untap the creature so it isn't a Threaten effect but it essentially is 1 mana and a card to yank something.
Bazaar Trader is kind of a unique card that can let you keep a stolen creature after borrowing it by targetting yourself with the effect. This is cheeky just like a goblin should be :) Thassa, Deep-Dwelling performs similarly by blinking the creature and then returning it under your control.
Hexproof is going to be one of the bothers to this deck since it wants to constantly target your opponents creatures so maybe try Shadowspear to get around it.
Rekindling Phoenix: This doesn't seem to add a lot to the deck and seems like an easy cut.
Savage Twister: maybe it's a meta call by you but this is a bad board wipe. If you need to shoot a lot of little things maybe consider a one sided wipe like Mizzium Mortars.
1 month ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Vilis, Broker of Blood, etc... also from the new set: Profane Transfusion (I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
1) Loxodon Warhammer - is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with Shadowspear, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply Bontu's Monument as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
1) Tortured Existence - even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with Phyrexian Altar and Desecrated Tomb to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate/Animate Dead/Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp.
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation.
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)
1 month ago
CaptainToll: Well, thats also an option, just need to make sure that your opponent can't draw whatever they tutored for :D You could also go with Worst Fears; Haunted Crossroads for Emrakul, sac her, bring her back on top of your library, recast with Bolas's Citadel.. just some lifelink, maybe Whip of Erebos or Shadowspear.
1 month ago
Hey Foxfire_Celest, here is the probability so you know.
- Assumes you haven't already drawn an equipment or aura in opening hand or turn 2 draw
- Assumes the population of the deck is 91 (turn 1) or 90 (turn 2)
It has a Turn 1 kill line, an 8-card god hand, adding a Berserk and a Mox Opal to the above, and a random Grafted Exoskeleton rate of 6.5%. I can't see a 7-card here. Berserk is required because it would only be Power 3 + Exo 2 + Eminence 3 = 8 infect without. An alternative would also be Rancor and a Mox Opal, which puts you in a nice T2 position to eliminate another opponent potentially, Berserk would kill the cat.
2 months ago
I'd consider throwing some cards in there that remove indestructibility like Shadowspear