Dimir Aqueduct enters the battlefield tapped.
When Dimir Aqueduct enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Dimir Aqueduct Discussion
1 week ago
, regarding the mana base, which lands should I swap in/out? You mentioned cutting Dimir Aqueduct and Fetid Pools , but looking over the dual lands available, I'm not sure what would help me in their place. I was thinking something like Sunken Ruins or Sunken Hollow ?
1 week ago
1x Ash Barrens -> 1x Prismatic Vista
1x Bojuka Bog -> 1x Bojuka Bog
1x Command Tower -> 1x Command Tower
1x Darkwater Catacombs -> 1x Watery Grave
1x Dimir Aqueduct -> 1x Morphic Pool
1x Evolving Wilds -> 1x Fabled Passage
1x Exotic Orchard -> 1x Exotic Orchard
4x Forest -> 4x Forest
1x Foul Orchard -> 1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Golgari Rot Farm -> 1x Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
1x Ice Tunnel -> 1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4x Island -> 4x Island
1x Jungle Hollow -> 1x Woodland Cemetery
1x Llanowar Wastes -> 1x Mana Confluence
1x Lumbering Falls -> 1x Rejuvenating Springs
1x Myriad Landscape -> 1x Misty Rainforest
1x Opulent Palace -> 1x Opulent Palace
1x Reliquary Tower -> 1x Reliquary Tower
1x Rimewood Falls -> 1x Rimewood Falls
1x Simic Growth Chamber -> 1x Breeding Pool
1x Sunken Hollow -> 1x Sunken Hollow
2x Swamp -> 2x Swamp
1x Terramorphic Expanse -> 1x Verdant Catacombs
1x Thornwood Falls -> 1x Zagoth Triome
1x Tidechannel Pathway -> 1x Tidechannel Pathway
1x Winding Canyons -> 1x Winding Canyons
1x Yavimaya Coast -> 1x Yavimaya Coast
on Dimir Mill
1 week ago
Dimir Aqueduct is a bad card and does not belong in any decks. Even on a budget there are vastly better two-colored lands. Same goes with Fetid Pools and every other enters-tapped land. Realistically, you want your mana base to mostly be fetch lands to trigger your crabs.
Which, on that note, you should be running a full contingent of 8 crabs.
Grindclock is another bad card--it takes way too long. Think of Mill like a burn deck where you want to "burn" your opponent's life total as quicky as possible.
You will want something that can bounce permanents in your sideboard--mill is in a lot of trouble if a Leyline of Sanctity effect hits the field. Another option is running more fetches, throwing a few Overgrown Tomb s into the mix, and running a couple copies of Assassin's Trophy to take out those pesky cards that you cannot otherwise deal with.
Ensnaring Bridge is another decent sideboard option.
3 months ago
4 months ago
As you are running all five colors i would consider any of the bounce duals like Gruul Turf or Dimir Aqueduct over Guildless Commons, need that colored mana. Also bc Golos can tutor any land you might consider some toolbox lands like Strip Mine or Inventors' Fair.
Also it looks like landfall is the name of the game, i always liked Retreat to Coralhelm and some more basic land ramp like kodamas reach, wood elves, solemn simulacrum, sakura tribe elder.
Anyway just some thoughts cheers and have fun!!
on Power nap
4 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
5 months ago
You are definitely focusing too much on mill to enable only 6 cards in your deck. You could be doing it much more organically, as you mentioned, with removal/discard/counters.
If there is a mill card you could look at, it might be Paranoid Delusions, since you can mill an opponent 6 cards in one turn with it easily and potentially get to 9 the following turn, which can enable your plan consistently throughout the game.
I would definitely cut Mind Sculpt and Memory Sluice in favor of more control cards. Chainer's Edict, another copy of Cast Down and Disfigure are classics. Artful Dodge is another one that confuses me and could probably be cut.
Wight of Precinct Six doesn't seem like a great card, since it only counts creatures. In the very late game it will be big, but it seems like most of the time it will be a weaker and more expensive Gurmag Angler (not to mention getting weaker with graveyard hate).