Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Padeem, Consul of Innovation
Legendary Creature — Vedalken Artificer
Artifacts you control have hexproof.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control the artifact with the highest converted mana cost/mana value or tied for the highest converted mana cost, draw a card.
Recommendations View more recommendations
multimedia on Urza, Chief Artificer 2023 Upgraded Precon for LGS
3 months ago
Hey, well done so far on a budget casual upgrading the precon.
If attacking with Constructs is what you want to be doing then here's some budget upgrades to consider:
- Research Thief --> Darksteel Juggernaut
- Bident of Thassa --> Urza's Ruinous Blast
- Vault of the Archangel --> Warped Landscape
When you can draw cards from Constructs doing combat damage to opponents thanks to menace from Urza then you're getting much value from Constructs. Bident of Thassa is in the precon. Vault of the Archangel is tech from a land, menace with deathtouch is a nasty combination because opponents are not going to block Constructs and lose all their creatures. Just having Vault untapped with enough mana to activate it is enough to make your Constructs essentially unblockable. You can also gain a ton of life with Constructs.
Some other budget upgrades to consider:
- Counterspell or Disruption Protocol --> Malakir Rebirth
- Disruption Protocol or Negate--> Sejiri Shelter
- Ornithopter of Paradise --> Burnished Hart
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation --> Bronze Guardian
- Master Transmuter --> Jhoira's Familiar
- Unctus, Grand Metatect --> Chief of the Foundry
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept --> Scrap Trawler
- Steel Seraph --> Hexavus
Good luck with your deck.
multimedia on Urza, CEO of Machines
4 months ago
Hey, good upgrades to the precon, what you've done so far.
How do you want to win? Determining the main strategy you want to play can help to keep good cards for that strategy and cut unnecessary cards. If you're wanting to keep precon level budget then doing combat damage with Constructs and Commander damage with Urza are directions to consider. Research Thief and Bident of Thassa are excellent budget cards if you want to be attacking with Constructs. Making Urza an artifact makes him a reliable source of Commander damage, but this means including effects to make Urza an artifact.
You have Urza, Lord High Artificer, he's a combo wincon, but to use him as a wincon you'll want to add other cards and more ways to assemble the combo. Drawing cards from Constructs doing combat damage to opponents is a good alternative to playing expensive price tutors to get combo pieces in your hand.
You have Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge, you don't really need Mycosynth Golem especially not for it's price tag. You don't need this Tezzeret either, but if you have it might as well play it. The first cuts to consider are lands since 41 lands is a lot when the strategy here are artifacts. Consider cutting 6 lands? Lands that always ETB tapped and are worse then others that also do this. If you feel you need more mana then add mana sources (rocks, dorks) not lands.
- Orzhov Basilica, Azorius Chancery, Dimir Aqueduct
- Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit, Temple of Enlightenment
The Bounce lands and Scry lands are worse always ETB tapped lands then Tri lands, Bridges, etc.
Some advice for more cuts is choose the top 20 creatures here, top 10 artifacts and top 10 other nonland cards. By choosing the best cards then you can cut a huge chunk away of lesser cards.
- Urza, Lord High Artificer
- Research Thief
- Losheel, Clockwork Scholar
- Thought Monitor, Ethersworn Sphinx
- Ornithopter of Paradise, Etherium Sculptor
- Phyrexian Metamorph
- Spellskite, Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- Ethersworn Canonist
- Baleful Strix
- Hangarback Walker, Sai, Master Thopterist
- Steel Overseer
- Armix, Filigree Thrasher
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch, Sharuum the Hegemon
- The Reality Chip, Lion Sash
- Sol Ring
- Arcane Signet, Chromatic Lantern
- Liquimetal Torque
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Hierarchy
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Cranial Plating, Shadowspear
- Strionic Resonator
- Their Name is Death, Phyrexian Scriptures
- The Flesh is Weak
- Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge
- Artificer Class
- Austere Command
- Void Rend
- Swords to Plowshares
- Dovin's Veto
For upgrading it's easier to get an established list that's not 99 cards then have a list that's way over 99 cards. Really any 0-3 drop artifact creature who can make some value to take advantage of Urza artifact creature affinity or any 0-2 drop mana rock for more ramp can fill unfilled deck spots.
Good luck with your deck.
seshiro_of_the_orochi on Saturday Morning Cartoons
5 months ago
Awesome to see this, very cool!
Considering all these artifact creatures, Tempered Steel is obviously powerful, as is Urza, Prince of Kroog. Clock of Omens and other ways to untap your creatures would be pretty cool. Also, maybe Lita, Mechanical Engineer? She even kind of references Battle Angel Alita, so somewhat on flavour? One more, Padeem, Consul of Innovation and Bronze Guardian for more protection.
Finally, Patchwork Automaton looks like something from a transformers cartoon.
multimedia on The Best Urza
6 months ago
Hey, well done work in progress for your first Commander deck on a budget. Good card sense upgrading the precon.
For the manabase consider upgrades of the Pain lands?
The Pain lands have been reprinted in the last two Standard sets, making them the least expensive right now. Now is the best time to get them since they will only increase in price as time goes on. Tyrite Sanctum is a nice budget utility land especially with The Flesh is Weak.
I'm playing Urza on a low budget and these are some cards, most less than $2, that I've found to be helpful.
- Ornithopter of Paradise: artifact creature for ramp.
- The Flesh is Weak: make Urza and all other creatures you control at the time an artifact. -1/-1 can wreck opponent's nonThopter token strategies who can be blockers against Constructs. Tyrite Sanctum makes it so you don't have to control nonartifact legendary creatures including Urza when you play Weak since it can put a +1/+1 counter on any legendary creature you control turns after to make it an artifact.
- Liquimetal Torque: mana rock for ramp or make Urza or any other nonland permanent an artifact. Pair with Master Transmuter to bounce any nonland permanent.
- Soundwave, Sonic Spy Flip: new Transformers card that's good in multiplayer Commander, no mana cost to cast your choice of opponent's instant or sorcery. Constructs make it consistent to trigger with a high mana value and Soundwave, Superior Captain can be a repeatable source of artifacts.
- Sculpting Steel: good in multiplayer Commander because it can be any artifact on the battlefield and it can change with Master Transmuter bounce.
- Armix, Filigree Thrasher: because of menace it can be repeatable opponent creature removal, Losheel, Clockwork Scholar helps a lot too.
Being able to make Urza an artifact can make Urza a threat with menace to do Commander damage especially with Cranial Plating. Urza surviving nonartifact creature board wipes can give you a huge advantage. Making other nonartifact creatures an artifact is good too especially Padeem, Consul of Innovation for much more protection.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Orzhov Basilica, Dimir Aqueduct, Azorius Chancery, Skycloud Expanse
- Filigree Attendant, Darksteel Juggernaut, Etched Champion
- Gingerbrute, Burnished Hart
- Chief of the Foundry
Filigree Attendant, Darksteel Juggernaut, Etched Champion are just beaters, they don't do anything else. You don't really need them since you'll have plenty of better beaters, Constructs, who don't cost mana. Burnished Hart is slow for ramp. Chief of the Foundry is subpar for an anthem effect, it's a lesser Master of Etherium.
Good luck with your deck.
6 months ago
Hey, good upgrades so far to the precon especially the manabase, you've really improved it.
These are the first cards here to consider cutting? Darksteel Juggernaut, Filigree Attendant, Etched Champion are just beaters, they don't do anything else, that's not good enough. You really don't need 4 drop beaters, you'll get plenty of better mana efficient beaters, Constructs.
Chief of the Foundry, Master of Etherium are fine, but are budget creature options, filler if you don't have anything else. +1/+1 anthem effect is small and really not needed when Constructs grow themselves with any artifact. Bronze Guardian is also just a beater and as a 5 drop it's subpar. Ward 2 is nice, but you can get actual hexproof for artifacts from better cards here, Padeem, Consul of Innovation.
More cards to consider cutting? Access Denied costs too much mana for a counterspell when you have Mana Drain or just play Counterspell? Wreck Hunter doesn't trigger for any token that was removed because it says for each card and tokens are not considered cards. Not triggering for tokens is bad when you're going to have Constructs. Kayla's Music Box is pseudo draw over turns, but you can get actual draw from better cards.
Good luck with your deck.
multimedia on Breya, "Brothers war? I Barely Know Her"
6 months ago
Hey, you left out highlighting or explaining the best infinite combo with Urza you have here. Urza + Myr Battlesphere + Ashnod's Altar = infinite Myrs, infinite colorless mana, infinite copies of all artifacts you control and infinite damage to each player with Breya.
Nice version so far on a semi budget, but build around the Urza + Battlesphere + Altar combo with more protection? Consider more combo protection? Urza + Battlesphere + Altar combo can be activated at instant speed at any time as long as you control all three permanents and have 6 colorless mana available. You're going to want more than 6 colorless mana if you intend to activate the combo though because you'll also want instant protection.
- Spellskite --> Armillary Sphere
- Counterspell --> Burnished Hart
- Boros Charm --> Indomitable Creativity
- Stubborn Denial --> Fateful Handoff
Darksteel Forge and Padeem, Consul of Innovation can protect Altar + Battlesphere, but they can't protect Urza without additional effect to make Urza an artifact. In the combo Urza is also not leaving the battlefield making him much easier to protect.
Assembling combos in Breya is made much easier with Wishclaw Talisman and because it's an artifact it has insane interaction with Breya. You can sac Wishclaw before opponent gains control of it, but still tutor for your card. When you activate Wishclaw it puts the entire effect as one trigger onto the stack. In response sac Wishclaw, putting it into your graveyard, then when you resolve Wishclaw trigger you tutor for your card, but opponent doesn't gain control of Wishclaw because it's no longer on the battlefield. Pair Wishclaw with Goblin Welder, Emry, Lurker of the Loch, Goblin Engineer or any other artifact recursion/reanimation source for a repeatable tutor.
- Wishclaw Talisman --> Cityscape Leveler
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch --> Tezzeret the Schemer
- Goblin Engineer --> Urza, Powerstone Prodigy
Master Transmuter is powerful with high CMC artifacts especially when she can help assemble combos Darksteel Forge and Myr Battlesphere. It's also nice with Breya as a source to create more Thopters for 1 mana or to abuse any other artifact that has an ETB ability.
- Master Transmuter --> Slagstone Refinery
Consider more Pain lands and Artifact lands? They could replace some basic lands to improve color fixing/Breya interaction which can help gameplay. 23 basic lands is a lot in a four color deck.
- Spire of Industry --> 1x Swamp
- Shivan Reef --> 1x Mountain
- Adarkar Wastes --> 1x Plains
- Caves of Koilos --> 1x Swamp
- Battlefield Forge --> 1x Plains
- Sulfurous Springs --> 1x Mountain
- Ancient Den --> 1x Plains
- Vault of Whispers --> 1x Swamp
Good luck with your deck.
Renzisherekiddo on Your Deck is Mine (unfinished, help appreciated)
8 months ago
so I've built and played this deck, ideally you want to use Chromatic Lantern like effects so when you go to cast other peoples stuff you've got any mana color you need, some of which are Chromatic Orrery, Mycosynth Lattice Celestial Dawn, Smothering Tithe, etc.
Next you want protection for sen because 9/10 times she's not going to exist on the board by the time of next turn, you want effects such as Padeem, Consul of Innovation, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots, additionally anything that gives indestructible is helpful to protect her somewhat.
from there fill in some counterspells, whether it be expensive ones like Force of Will, Pact of Negation, etc. or some inexpensive ones like Counterspell upto you.
also might want to throw in a Torment of Hailfire in case the "use other peoples win conditions as your win condition" doesn't work out
if you want to take inspiration from mine here's the deck Our deck - sen triplets communism
TheoryCrafter on [PRIMER] Morophon's Tribal Tribal
1 year ago
Answer 1:For tribal, try to go for card advantage and ramp that is repeatable. Example: Manaweft Sliver is repeatable. Niv-Mizzet Reborn is not.
Noncreature cards you choose to keep should be offering you something you can't find in a creature card.
Also try to veer away as much as you can from creature spells with more than one mana symbol of each such as Seshiro the Anointed. Doing so with Morophon on the battlefield will leave you only having to pay generic mana. In a 5 color deck that's an important advantage
Answer 2:Padeem, Consul of Innovation and Darksteel Forge. After those two are on the battlefield, there are only around ten cards in all of MTG that can get rid of Maskwood Nexus and none of them cost less than 4 mana to cast. Considering how many artifacts you have this should be a must.
This should give you a start. I hope it helps.
|Have (5)||TheRealSpecialK , MrCrazzyc , metalmagic , zenmatrix83 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (6)||ArtistaFeo , Lunar_Wing , Erlander , Amaterasu312 , Unholylance93p , freshie9000|