Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Padeem, Consul of Innovation
Legendary Creature — Vedalken Artificer
Artifacts you control have hexproof.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control the artifact with the highest converted mana cost/mana value or tied for the highest converted mana cost, draw a card.
Recommendations View more recommendations
2 months ago
Answer 1:For tribal, try to go for card advantage and ramp that is repeatable. Example: Manaweft Sliver is repeatable. Niv-Mizzet Reborn is not.
Noncreature cards you choose to keep should be offering you something you can't find in a creature card.
Also try to veer away as much as you can from creature spells with more than one mana symbol of each such as Seshiro the Anointed. Doing so with Morophon on the battlefield will leave you only having to pay generic mana. In a 5 color deck that's an important advantage
Answer 2:Padeem, Consul of Innovation and Darksteel Forge. After those two are on the battlefield, there are only around ten cards in all of MTG that can get rid of Maskwood Nexus and none of them cost less than 4 mana to cast. Considering how many artifacts you have this should be a must.
This should give you a start. I hope it helps.
2 months ago
The usual ways to gain Haste in Azorius are colourless options, like Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots and Haunted Cloak. You can also use something like Hall of the Bandit Lord, but this requires you to be casting the creature.
Conqueror's Galleon Flip is a nice vehicle to permanently ramp you/add more dig when you have spare resources. Not sure if you'll want more wipes, or some kind of pillowfort like War Tax, I guess that depends on how aggro your meta is. Padeem, Consul of Innovation can provide badly needed protection for artifacts, and can give you the odd card maybe, Shorikai is a reasonably big artifact usually. Hanna's Custody is an old weird way to protect everyone's artifacts, which can help you more if you are more built around artifacts.
3 months ago
I wasn't terribly excited for the Kotori precon deck, but after I finally got around to reading the Neon Dynasty story (after watching the AMAZING trailer for the set), I'm pretty much determined to have a Future/Artifacts vs. Past/Enchantments set of decks featuring Kotori and Satsuki, the Living Lore. The upgrades you've added here look pretty great but I'm wondering what the ideal amount of vehicles would be for a Kotori deck. Maybe 15 or so? Any more than that and you'd probably be adding in some pretty mediocre ones... I'm not sure. Thoughts?
3 months ago
(Yeah hey I'm Reece's friend and I had nothing else happening so I thought I'd take a peek at the deck. First of all, it's a pretty sweet deck, I love this commander and how you decided to build it. Everything I'm saying here are just suggestions to help you enjoy your deck more. Do with it what you will.)
- Due to the final activated ability on The World Tree, it actually has a color identity of all 5 colors, so it can't be run in this 3-color deck. If you want a great resource for finding better lands, I'd recommend looking on managathering.com
- Enlightened Tutor is pretty expensive money-wise, but of you're proxying or playing online it is a fantastic tutor that also sets the card to the top of your library to let Galea cast it with her ability
- This deck is pretty heavy on board wipes in my opinion, but if you like them, keep them. It might be worth running more ways to give your commander indestructible or totem armor such as Hammer of Nazahn or Eel Umbra so that she's not caught in the crossfire. These can also replace instants doing a similar thing for just 1 turn, such as Heroic Intervention
- Have a backup plan for if your opponents decide to kill Galea, Kindler of Hope every time she comes out before she can get protected. You may want to run more creatures to have other targets for your buffs. Many good options in the Maybeboard
- You have plenty of defensive interaction to protect yourself (maybe even too much), but not nearly as much offensive interaction to stop others. Cards like Beast Within or Generous Gift are incredible tools to deal with any problem. Or, consider more cards that have multiple modes such as Selesnya Charm or Primal Command so that you can choose when to help yourself or slow down opponents as needed
- Generally speaking you'll probably want more card draw. Spidersilk Net feels great when you cast it off the top of your library for free, but if your hand gets filled with cards like that you'll feel like you can't do anything. Sram, Senior Edificer is the perfect kind of card draw engine this deck wants to see, more things like him will help immensely.
- Since your deck isn't racing as fast as possible to get Galea out, ramp like Avacyn's Pilgrim and Llanowar Elves become a bit more of a liability. If you want more reliable ramp, consider switching them for more effects that put lands from your library into play. These effects have the added benefit of shuffling your deck afterwards, so once Galea is out you can use them to get a new card on top.
- Be very careful with "protection from color" effects in this deck. Giving a creature "protection from white" will cause any white auras attached to it to fall of and be sent to the graveyard, as they can no longer target the creature.
- Assault Suit is very funny. Use at your own risk...
- If you like Trophy Mage, you'll love Tribute Mage and Trinket Mage. Similarly:
- Nature's Lore and Three Visits or Farseek
- Renegade Map and Wayfarer's Bauble or Expedition Map
- Rune of Sustenance and Rune of Might or Rune of Flight
- Wild Growth and Overgrowth
- Gods Willing and Sejiri Shelter Flip
- Indomitable Archangel and Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- All That Glitters and Nettlecyst
Hope this helps! ~Yoshe
4 months ago
One of my favorite plays of all time, I was playing with my friends, I had this super sick Memnarch deck, Most games I would slam down double, triple mana, and use that to combo off, well this was one of those games. I landed Planar Bridge and Unwinding Clock, tutored out a Mycosynth Lattice, and Padeem, Consul of Innovation and was feeling really good, hard to stop me at this point. So then I tried to tutor out Darksteel Forge to really make it impossible to stop my reign of terror. My friend responded with a well timed Emergence Zone activation into Vandalblast. My heart sunk sooo hard. My mind was racing, how could I get out of this? Well, That game had tons of interaction, I think i spent all off my counterspells already. I had no clue, So I counted all of my cards in graveyard, and thankfully, Since i knew my deck really well, I knew I had one more counterspell left. I managed to dig really hard with instant speed cantrips, to find my last counterspell, Arcane Denial.
I had dug down to the last few cards in my deck, I had finite mana, finiite spells, and just a dream, and I managed to get it. It was absolutely beautiful, and my playgroup still talks about it years later.
More recently, I was playing cEDH and was against a Grolnok, the Omnivore deck, I landed a Dauthi Voidwalker to keep the frog from activating a Hermit Druid they had, that player managed to bounce the Dauthi next turn, and activated the Druid. Everybody thought we were dead to Thassa's Oracle, but I pulled out my secret weapon. Scout's Warning to flash in Dauthi Voidwalker, to steal the frog's entire deck, just to use a Command Tower with a void counter on it, as my last land needed to win with Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top
4 months ago
For my personal pick in a slot like this in a deck like yours: Athreos, Shroud-Veiled. Indestructible is good, it can save a creature on the first turn you play it, and by using it on an opponent's creature you can steal it, perfect for a Sen Triplet list.
That being said raising your curve may not suit you, at which point Padeem, Consul of Innovation would be my pick. One less mana, gives card advantage and protects your triplets and other artifacts so you don't even need to recur them, and is easy on the mana.
Liesa however is graveyard hate and recursion on a particularly nice body so I couldn't see you going wrong with any.
9 months ago
No worries. Looking better now! More consistent and fast. I would do this:
9 months ago
Thank you very much, I included your suggestions! What do you think about the deck now? Should I just replace the Remand for the Mana Leak and take one Strixhaven Stadium out or a Fabricate for a Padeem, Consul of Innovation?