Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Curse of Unbinding
Enchantment — Aura Curse
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player reveals cards from the top of their library until they reveal a creature card. Put that card onto the battlefield under your control. That player puts the rest of the revealed cards into their graveyard.
6 months ago
Hello! May I step in to give you some recommendations? Since you're on a budget, all cards suggested are 2 dollars or less.
Part 1: Ramp
In: You probably want aura ramp and cost reducers over standard land ramp: Wild Growth, Transcendent Envoy, Hero of Iroas, Jukai Naturalist and Stenn, Paranoid Partisan (choosing Enchantment). These will allow you to storm through your deck casting Auras ad nauseam.
Part 2: Card draw
Just as important as ramp is card draw: Galea won't always be available to you.
Part 3: Removal
Swords to Plowshares is GREAT, no doubt. But, in this kind of deck, you can spice it up with the great Auras that has for removal.
The objective is, then, to use the cheapest Auras that can hit more than one permanent type, with emphasis on "loses its abilities" in the text box.
Part 4: Boardwipes
In: I believe you should run more boardwipes that leave your board mostly untouched. Austere Command is one such example. You almost always will clean all artifacts and the half of creatures that are more dangerous to you. Curse of the Swine is another selective wipe.
Part 5: Protection and Evasion
In Voltron, tempo is crucial.
- In: Negate and Delay are inconditional and cheap counters mana-wise.
- Out: Calculated Dismissal and Frilled Mystic aren't.
Now to the Auras:
- In: Spirit Mantle, Unquestioned Authority and Mask of Law and Grace are protection and evasion at the same time (protection also means it can't be blocked).
- Out: Favor of the Overbeing, Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad.
Following the same logic as with removal, I'm using auras over instants to protect the Voltron.
- In: Shield of the Oversoul, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover.
- Out: Benevolent Blessing, Shielding Plax, Karametra's Blessing. (I believe proactive protection goes miles farther than a reactive one.)
Part 6: Tutors
Part 7: Win Conditions
Out: Bruna, Light of Alabaster is slow and telegraphed in this build. People won't let her stick to the field. Nissa, Steward of Elements is tough to protect in a Voltron build, while she only offers scry, which your lands can already do.
Part 8: Lands
- You might consider more lands that fix your colors and manipulate the top of your library at will: Terramorphic Expanse, Temple of Plenty, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Mystery, Cabaretti Courtyard, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Naya Panorama, Esper Panorama.
- Rogue's Passage is great evasion on a land.
- Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath and Thriving Isle are neat fixing, but the Temples are superior since they play into Galea's strategy.
- Path of Ancestry is great if you're in a 5-color deck or in a tribal-heavy creature deck. This build is neither.
- Lumbering Falls is good for suiting Equipments on, but Auras will just go to the graveyard when this land stops being a creature.
- Azorius Chancery, because you don't run the other two bouncelands.
- Razorverge Thicket. You'll soon realize that the later turns are more important than the early ones in EDH. This land is a beast in Modern, but it is far from worth it in Commander unless you're playing a turn-3 win deck.
- Forest and Forest to give room for the two remaining Panoramas. (With all the land searching above, you're probably more likely now to have a target for Utopia Sprawl than before.)
- Seaside Citadel. I know, I know: tri-lands are great and all, but, in this build, I'm trying to bake the top-of-library manipulation into the manabase so you have more free spell slots for your Auras, similar to what I did with Yennett, Cryptic Oddity (to a great success): each land in it has to either enter untapped somehow or change the top card of the library.
If you read this far, congratulations! Here is the list of the deck with all the suggested alterations, in case you want to test it: Galea, Menacing Aura. Good luck and have fun!
1 year ago
Love the name. Can't tell if it's a Castlevania reference or a TBDM reference, but either way good on ya! I like this decklist. I've been looking for more ways to abuse sac and recursion of the enchantments and I can't seem to find anything. I hadn't thought to add the goad theme to Lynde which is a great side strategy. I have a Marchesa deck that focuses on goad so I guess I overlooked it.
I also see you have Lithoform Engine in your maybeboard. My Lynde build runs it and I've gotten some great value out of it. Xantcha, Sleeper Agent is awesome too. I run it in a different deck, but it's a great way to draw cards and annoy the crap out of your opponent. Curse of Unbinding is a fun one and I've had luck with Fraying Sanity and trigger copies on top of it. This is a great build and I hope you annoy your friends as much as I do with Lynde. ;D
1 year ago
For cheap instants that give you value as Neera does her thing:
1 year ago
1 year ago
For cards I would consider removing, Eternal Skylord gives you a small token and flying, which is useful but not essential.
Eloise, Nephalia Sleuth isn't especially efficient in this deck. It's not a bad card, but this isn't quite the right home for it.
Gravespawn Sovereign is a 6-mana 3/3, which is a very poor deal, and the ability ties up your creatures. If this guy was closer to 6/6 or even 5/5 I'd be happier about it, but its stats are just too underwhelming.
Curse of Unbinding is a cool effect, but it's 7 mana and doesn't directly affect your Zombie goals.
As another card to consider adding, Lich Lord of Unx is another card that can capitalize on large numbers of zombies to fill graveyards and attack from a couple of different angles.
1 year ago
Hey, nice start on a budget with upgrading the Wilhelt precon. In the deck editor you can add CMDR tag to Wilhelt text making him the official Commander of your deck.
1x Wilhelt, the Rotcleaver *CMDR*
You currently have 2x Rooftop which can't have in Commander. Some cards here that are in my opinion not worth playing because there's better options on a budget.
- Curse of Unbinding
- Hour of Eternity
- Mind Rot
- Abattoir Ghoul
- Shadow Kin
- Butcher Ghoul
- Stitcher Geralf
- Eternal Skylord
- Havengul Runebinder
- Drown in Dreams
- Ultimate Price
Dreadhorde Invasion and Midnight Reaper are in the Wilhelt precon, consider adding them back in? They're some of the better cards in the precon because of they're repeatable effects especially Invasion with Wilhelt.
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago