, : Gain .
|Have (2)||metalmagic , DarkMagician|
|Want (2)||TheHelvault , burntdabruski|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Azorius Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Azorius Signet Discussion
1 month ago
I think you can improve the quality of your mana rocks a little, Gilded Lotus, Commander's Sphere, and Marble Diamond are a little slow. I'd suggest adding Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Azorius Signet, and, if you have the money, a Mana Crypt.
I'd also cut Mangara, the Diplomat--your opponents won't be attacking or casting spells against THIS deck!
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Alela, but you forgot Sol Ring :)
My suggestions are to improve the mana. 30 lands is low with only 6 ramp sources. My advice is add 5 more lands or five more mana rocks or a combination of both.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Shambling Suit
- Baneful Omen
- Kiora Bests the Sea God
- Norn's Annex
- Oppressive Will
Some upgrades to consider for repeatable draw:
- Bident of Thassa > Shoal Kraken
- Skullclamp > Blue Sun's Zenith
- Reconnaissance Mission > Arcanist's Owl
Bident and Mission are very good repeatable draw sources with Faeries since you draw a card for each creature who does combat damage to an opponent. When your Commander can create 1/1 creatures then Skullclamp is a reliable powerful draw source.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Part of my personal thoughts on what a staple is, is that it would be good on practically any budget. This means cards like Cabal Coffers belong in every mono black deck that can afford it, but the fact that its so out of price range for many makes it not so much a staple in my view. there isn't really a hard budget limit on what that is, but its usually less than $10
This list isn't exhaustive, but some of my staples are Command Tower, Exotic Orchard, any tri-tap from Alara block (Arcane Sanctum), Arcane Signet, any guild signet (Azorius Signet), Gilded Lotus, Everflowing Chalice, Astral Cornucopia
I might get flack for the last two, but they're perfect for the speed of my playgroup at least, but I imagine they'd scale in to cEDH quite poorly
4 months ago
v3n0m29 while I am not the creator of this deck this is a fairly simple rules clarification. The rules for EDH allow you to generate mana of colors outside your commanders identity say through the use of a Darksteel Ingot but, you cannot include any cards that contain colored mana pips that do not appear in your commanders identity. In this case you could not include an Azorius Signet in your deck.
5 months ago
I would personally recommend running some counterspells and removal in the deck as it's currently very fragile to interaction.
Also I think some ramp (land and/or artifacts) could help as well as your progression is going to be very linear with this deck and could easily be outpaces by someone with a more aggressive mana base.
5 months ago
Hey, nice version of Elsha. I saw your forum topic asking for help with cuts.
Six cards to cut to make 100 cards:
- Remember the Fallen: lackluster recursion.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon: doesn't reduce all artifact casting costs only equipment which makes her not as good as other cost reducers since she doesn't work with the Top combo.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin: creature who's not good enough to disrupt Elsha.
- Ghostly Prison: I don't think you need both Prison and Propaganda, one could be cut.
- Blackblade Reforged: only good if you have a lot of lands, but you don't want a lot of lands with Elsha.
- Basilisk Collar: not a fan unless you're playing ways to take advantage of deathtouch and you can get lifelink from better equipment.
When you want more cuts look to reducing some redundancy:
- Puresteel Paladin is much better than Brass Squire.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation is much better than Leonin Abunas.
- Sword of Vengeance is better with Elsha than Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Batterskull for vigilance since also gives trample. Valeron is a supbar equipment for the same costs as Vengeance and Batterskull not giving evasion is a big drawback.
- Hammer of Nazahn is better than Darksteel Plate.
All the Swords in the cycle can be good for different budgets, but when you have the three better expensive price ones then you don't need to play the others. Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Truth and Justice are not as good as the others and could be cut.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention, Reshape, Fabricate: tutor for an equipment or Top.
- Foundry Inspector, Cloud Key: other artifact mana cost reducers for the combo with Top.
- Izzet Signet, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet: add the Signets in place of lands.
- Jeskai Ascendancy: is like giving Elsha pseudo vigilance with instant speed surprise untap/pump her to block and draw.
Good luck with your deck.
6 months ago
If you are pushing to get Emeria, The Sky Ruin to go active, doesn't it make more sense to play cards that get you extra lands instead of ramping with artifacts that have no other synergy with your deck? All of the cards I suggested can help you get extra Plains on the battlefield. Azorius Signet, Selesnya Signet, Talisman of Progress and Talisman of Unity don't. They are also not creatures, and you want to cast as many creatures as possible with Oketra.
I get that you're trying to use as little green as possible, but these are just ramp cards that are supporting your core strategy. Why limit yourself when you have access to the best color for ramp?
6 months ago
Pir, Imaginative Rascal could make things more interesting...
Animation Module as well.
Together Forever is super useful protection(I play it in my Heliod deck), it puts in work, and it's cheap.