Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Favor of the Overbeing
Enchantment — Aura
As long as enchanted creature is green, it gets +1/+1 and has vigilance.
As long as enchanted creature is blue, it gets +1/+1 and has flying.
2 months ago
I have made several changes to this deck, as follows:
I have replaced Clout of the Dominus, Favor of the Overbeing, and Runes of the Deus with Galvanic Iteration, Regrowth, and Rite of Replication, since the auras did not match the theme of this deck, but the new cards most certainly do. I had contemplated putting Flame of Anor in this deck, but the deck contains only two wizards: Riku himself and Dualcaster Mage, so that card would not work well in this deck, and I also very much wished to put See Double in this deck, as well, but the fact that that spell cannot be copied reduces its potential synergy with this deck's strategy.
Amazingly, the average converted mana cost of this deck remained the same at 3.82, but the color distribution is now slightly different.
2 months ago
I have the red/blue/green "demigod auras" (i.e., Clout of the Dominus, Favor of the Overbeing, and Runes of the Deus) in my Riku of Two Reflections EDH deck, but I am considering replacing them with different cards, since they do not contribute to the deck's theme and are in the deck mainly to make Riku more powerful, so that he is more difficult to remove from the battlefield, once I summon him.
What does everyone else say about this? Should I keep those auras in my Riku deck?
6 months ago
Hello! May I step in to give you some recommendations? Since you're on a budget, all cards suggested are 2 dollars or less.
Part 1: Ramp
In: You probably want aura ramp and cost reducers over standard land ramp: Wild Growth, Transcendent Envoy, Hero of Iroas, Jukai Naturalist and Stenn, Paranoid Partisan (choosing Enchantment). These will allow you to storm through your deck casting Auras ad nauseam.
Part 2: Card draw
Just as important as ramp is card draw: Galea won't always be available to you.
Part 3: Removal
Swords to Plowshares is GREAT, no doubt. But, in this kind of deck, you can spice it up with the great Auras that has for removal.
The objective is, then, to use the cheapest Auras that can hit more than one permanent type, with emphasis on "loses its abilities" in the text box.
Part 4: Boardwipes
In: I believe you should run more boardwipes that leave your board mostly untouched. Austere Command is one such example. You almost always will clean all artifacts and the half of creatures that are more dangerous to you. Curse of the Swine is another selective wipe.
Part 5: Protection and Evasion
In Voltron, tempo is crucial.
- In: Negate and Delay are inconditional and cheap counters mana-wise.
- Out: Calculated Dismissal and Frilled Mystic aren't.
Now to the Auras:
- In: Spirit Mantle, Unquestioned Authority and Mask of Law and Grace are protection and evasion at the same time (protection also means it can't be blocked).
- Out: Favor of the Overbeing, Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad.
Following the same logic as with removal, I'm using auras over instants to protect the Voltron.
- In: Shield of the Oversoul, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover.
- Out: Benevolent Blessing, Shielding Plax, Karametra's Blessing. (I believe proactive protection goes miles farther than a reactive one.)
Part 6: Tutors
Part 7: Win Conditions
Out: Bruna, Light of Alabaster is slow and telegraphed in this build. People won't let her stick to the field. Nissa, Steward of Elements is tough to protect in a Voltron build, while she only offers scry, which your lands can already do.
Part 8: Lands
- You might consider more lands that fix your colors and manipulate the top of your library at will: Terramorphic Expanse, Temple of Plenty, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Mystery, Cabaretti Courtyard, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Naya Panorama, Esper Panorama.
- Rogue's Passage is great evasion on a land.
- Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath and Thriving Isle are neat fixing, but the Temples are superior since they play into Galea's strategy.
- Path of Ancestry is great if you're in a 5-color deck or in a tribal-heavy creature deck. This build is neither.
- Lumbering Falls is good for suiting Equipments on, but Auras will just go to the graveyard when this land stops being a creature.
- Azorius Chancery, because you don't run the other two bouncelands.
- Razorverge Thicket. You'll soon realize that the later turns are more important than the early ones in EDH. This land is a beast in Modern, but it is far from worth it in Commander unless you're playing a turn-3 win deck.
- Forest and Forest to give room for the two remaining Panoramas. (With all the land searching above, you're probably more likely now to have a target for Utopia Sprawl than before.)
- Seaside Citadel. I know, I know: tri-lands are great and all, but, in this build, I'm trying to bake the top-of-library manipulation into the manabase so you have more free spell slots for your Auras, similar to what I did with Yennett, Cryptic Oddity (to a great success): each land in it has to either enter untapped somehow or change the top card of the library.
If you read this far, congratulations! Here is the list of the deck with all the suggested alterations, in case you want to test it: Galea, Menacing Aura. Good luck and have fun!
1 year ago
Interesting idea for a deck - it's good to have a voltron commander who isn't easy to pick off - but I feel like a number of your auras are a little... lacking! Awesome Presence, Feral Invocation, Petrified Plating, Reins of the Vinesteed and Way of the Thief all feel like fairly weak cards, some even with good alternatives available.
You might consider running Aqueous Form over Awesome Presence and Tricks of the Trade in place of Way of the Thief, since that guaranteed unblockability is important. Ancestral Mask should provide an absolutely enormous buff, much bigger than Feral Invocation or Oakenform, and Forced Adaptation should likewise result in huge size since your commander should always come down turn one and won't be picked off by removal. Otherwise I'd recommend Cartouche of Knowledge in place of Stratus Walk and One With the Wind over Treetop Bracers.
Past that, I'm surprised you aren't running Favor of the Overbeing, which is pretty custom-made for the Bogle! Cartouche of Strength is also great as a bit of potential removal which helps pump your guy up. I'd also try to find room for Gladecover Scout, since it might pay to have backup targets for your auras if the Bogle is having trouble staying on the board!
1 year ago
multimedia on Tavusa
2 years ago
Hey, welcome to TappedOut. Good start and version of Tuvasa, nice Sylvan Library.
You're deck doesn't have a Commander yet. In the deck editor add the CMDR tag to Tuvasa the Sunlit text.
1x Tuvasa the Sunlit *CMDR*
When you save and return to the deck Tuvasa will be the Commander, in it's own category and have a card image.
Ethereal Armor, Aqueous Form, Flickering Ward, Rancor are some one drop auras to consider adding. Ward is nice because you can bounce it to cast again and the color protection you choose doesn't cause auras of that color that are enchanted to the creature to be destroyed. That's an errata that's been made to original printing of the card. Sigarda's Aid is another powerful one drop enchantment that gives auras flash; very good with Flickering Ward. Shield of the Oversoul, Steel of the Godhead and Favor of the Overbeing are more auras to consider adding since they give Tuvasa +2/+2 and two other abilities, one is evasion.
Setessan Champion is a good Enchantress because it grows in power and also triggers not on cast, but when an enchantment you control ETB. Grasp of Fate is powerful removal in multiplayer Commander; a supercharged Oblivion Ring. Robe of Stars phases and phasing is powerful with auras because when you phase out auras they return attached to the creature unaffected when they phase back in at your next untap step. Robe can be repeatable protection from anything for Tuvasa and all auras that are attached to her.
Some changes to consider:
- Ethereal Armor --> Thriving Grove
- Aqueous Form --> Slash of Talons
- Flickering Ward --> Serene Remembrance
- Rancor --> Captured by Lagacs
- Sigarda's Aid --> Dictate of Kruphix
- Shield of the Oversoul --> Shielding Plax
- Steel of the Godhead --> Netherese Puzzle-Ward
- Favor of the Overbeing --> Personal Sanctuary
- Setessan Champion --> Fleecemane Lion
- Grasp of Fate --> Oblivion Ring
- Robe of Stars --> Mirage Mirror
Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Hey, for a first Commander deck very nice budget version of Tuvasa.
Robe of Stars is from new Aura of Courage Commander precon and it's powerful repeatable protection for Tuvasa and all auras that are attached to her. Mantle of the Ancients is also in that precon and it's a way to reanimate all your auras while also pumping Tuvasa. Open the Armory is a budget aura tutor or it can could get Robe. Moon-Blessed Cleric is a budget enchantment tutor from Adventures of Forgotten Realms.
- Robe of Stars --> Starfield of Nyx
- Mantle of the Ancients --> Creeping Renaissance
- Open the Armory --> Martial Law
- Moon-Blessed Cleric --> Plea for Guidance
Setessan Champion is an upgrade for an enchantress. Alpha Authority can protect Tuvasa from opponents targeting with hexproof, but still lets you target her to keep enchanting her and it also gives menace which combined with how big Tuvasa can get is good evasion for her. Favor of the Overbeing gives flying evasion and vigilance letting Tuvasa be an attacker as well as a blocker. Seal of Primordium is an upgrade for Reclamation Sage since it's an enchantment that you can sac right away or at instant speed later.
- Setessan Champion --> Yavimaya Enchantress
- Alpha Authority --> Alseid of Life's Bounty
- Favor of the Overbeing --> Hypnotic Siren
- Seal of Primordium --> Reclamation Sage
Consider some budget manabase improvements? The manabase looks neglected compared to the rest of your deck. 26 basic lands is a lot for three colors and except for Command Tower all the other dual lands here ETB tapped. Some lands to consider adding in place of some basic lands, Tranquil Expanse, Woodland Stream and Meandering River:
- Exotic Orchard
- Bant Panorama
- Path of Ancestry
- Yavimaya Coast
- Prairie Stream
- Canopy Vista
- Port Town
- Fortified Village
- Vineglimmer Snarl
The Tango lands and Reveal lands have interaction with basic lands to ETB untapped. Could also consider cutting a few lands in place of some more ramp/color fixing that has interaction with Tuvasa. Wild Growth, Abundant Growth and Wolfwillow Haven.
Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Hey, nice casual budget version of Tuvasa. You have overall good card sense on a budget, but the manabase looks neglected compared to the rest of the deck.
Vanishing and new Robe of Stars can be powerful repeatable protection for Tuvasa since phasing also affects all auras or equipment attached to Tuvasa including Vanishing or Robe. Phasing saves Tuvasa and everything attached to her from removal and this kind of protection is really good against board wipes. The wipe will affect all players, but you save Tuvasa and all auras attached to her which all return at your next untap step to attack with a huge Tuvasa where as your opponents may not have creatures.
Whip Silk is a unique aura because it can return itself to your hand from the battlefield for only one mana even at instant speed. This interaction is excellent with enchantresses to draw, having a one drop enchantment to repeatedly cast. Pair Whip with Sigarda's Aid which lets you cast auras at instant speed and Tuvasa can trigger to draw once on each player's turn. Pair Whip with Sanctum Weaver and an enchantress to make Whip a draw engine depending on how much green mana Weaver can make.
Ethereal Armor and Ancestral Mask can help to make Tuvasa huge. The first strike from Ethereal makes Tuvasa literally unblockable and Mask counts all enchantments on the battlefield including opponents. Favor of the Overbeing gives Tuvasa +2/+2 and two good abilities for two mana: flying evasion and vigilance to use her as a big blocker.
Pair Sterling Grove and new Moon-Blessed Cleric with Sun Titan for repeatable enchantment tutors. Titan is versatile repeatable reanimation since he can reanimate Tuvasa or tons of other 3 CMC or less permanents.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Exotic Orchard --> Simic Guildgate
- Yavimaya Coast --> Woodland Stream
- Prairie Stream --> Tranquil Cove
- Canopy Vista --> Blossoming Sands
- Vineglimmer Snarl --> Thornwood Falls
- Fortified Village --> Temple of Enlightenment
- Port Town --> Nimbus Maze
I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.