Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
, , Sacrifice Dispeller's Capsule: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
7 months ago
2ND ROUND OF CHANGES:
REMOVED: Temple of Deceit, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Tempered Steel, Liquimetal Torque, Scholar of New Horizons, Thopter Shop, Sphinx's Revelation, Bident of Thassa, Alela, Artful Provocateur, Etched Champion, Armix, Filigree Thrasher, Myr Battlesphere, Filigree Attendant, Vedalken Humiliator, Tawnos, Solemn Survivor, Losheel, Clockwork Scholar, Marionette Master, Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle, Ethersworn Adjudicator, Indomitable Archangel
ADDED: Glimmervoid, Power Depot, Forsaken Monument, Mind Stone, Darksteel Ingot, Hedron Archive, Dance of the Mance, Thoughtcast, Thirst for Knowledge, Master Transmuter, Lodestone Golem, Research Thief, Treasure Keeper, Mycosynth Golem, Myr Retriever, Sculpting Steel, Mechtitan Core, Mystic Forge, Dispeller's Capsule, Dispatch, Burnished Hart
COMMENTS: Deck feels powerful, but one dimensional in that it's just trying to pump out big dumb creatures asap; kinda cool. I've played 3-4 times with the current iteration and I'm looking to speed the deck up a little bit; lands coming in tapped, not quite enough draw, and too many non-artifact creatures being the two major areas of focus. I've actually reduced the amount of creatures with this round of changes so I need to check that this is OK.
Lands probably need more work, still too many tapped lands by far. Scholar of New horisons is fine, just doesn't fit in the deck, same with Tawnos (who likely needs his own deck, but I have done a few cool things with him). Tempered Steel, Indomitably Archangel and Ethersworn Adjudicator were hard cuts. But I've added removal, ramp in so I want to see if that's better. Tempered Steel with the thopters was particularly good and may get added in.
1 year ago
Very well thought out primer. Was really surprised to see that it was your first! The background and fonts look nice, too. Could never figure out how to get that to work properly. The deck looks great. I'm always glad to see another Rebbec/Glacian deck pop up on here. I do have a lot of recommendations and insight from the games I've played with my own Rebbec/Glacian deck.
(Side note before I get distracted - Blind Obedience has mono white color identity. The black in the reminder text does NOT count towards it's color identity.)
Cards I'd definitely recommend -
Mycosynth Lattice - Turns ALL permanents into artifacts. Perfect for Glacian. I know you said that you're mainly a budget player and that this card is in the "upgrades and future" tab, but this one shoudl definitely be near the top of that list. It's INSANELY good in this deck. Such a high price tag, though. :\ Smothering Tithe is in the same boat.
Liquimetal Torque and Liquimetal Coating - Both provide instant speed protection with Rebbec. Someone tries to cast Doom Blade on her or Glacian (or anyone else)? Tap either of these and they can become an artifact and gain Rebbec's protection.
A few more removal spells would probably be a good idea as well, it's something that my own deck struggles with as well. Dispatch is great. Dispeller's Capsule is removal and also an artifact. Duplicant and Steel Hellkite are both removal that also fill the missing 6 CMC slot in your mana curve.
There are a few tutors in that aren't super overpriced that might be worth looking into. Idyllic Tutor can help find Mechanized Production or Mirrodin Besieged. Fabricate can let you search for any artifact. Any of the artifact mage cards like Trinket Mage, Tribute Mage and Trophy Mage are also worth mentioning. They're a bit limited but they should all be relatively cheap. Another great one I've gotten a lot of use out of is Arcum Dagsson. You can sacrifice an artifact at instant speed to search up another one. Sac a myr token for Darksteel Forge? Oh yes. It also serves as protection with Rebbec as you can sac an artifact to search up one with a specific CMC (er... MV. Never gonna get used to that) that you may happen to need protection from at the time. He serves a similar role to Master Transmuter who I see in the maybeboard.
A special shout out goes to Geode Golem. With the enough artifacts and the protection that Rebbec gives, it should be pretty easy to get him to connect so you can cast Glacian for FREE!
If you wanted to go the "turn all my artifacts sideways at people" route, cards like Sakashima's Will and Masterful Replication work wonders with creatures like Filigree Attendant or Darksteel Juggernaut and Shambling Suit. On the other hand, Rise and Shine from MH2 just animates and tosses counters on things. Much simpler and can achieve the same result of smashed face! I have an Urza, Lord High Artificer deck that focuses on this exact gameplan.
Vedalken Archmage and Endless Atlas are two great card draw engines. One with the Machine is also great but you need something big on the field to really capitalize on it. I see that you have Esper Sentinel in the maybeboard and I can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't add it into my own deck. I just buylisted it a week or two ago. :(
I think that's all I have for now. I've linked my deck below. Feel free to check it out and see if any other ideas pop out at you from there. I'm excited for Kamigawa Neon Dynasty as it seems to have a pretty good artifact theme going on but I have a feeling that The Brother's War set at the end of the year is gonna be HUGE for Rebbec/Glacian!
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 25 | 12 COMMENTS | 1900 VIEWS | IN 6 FOLDERS
1 year ago
I think you'd like these: River Kelpie, Dispeller's Capsule, Alharu, Solemn Ritualist, Scrapyard Recombiner, Scrap Trawler, Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle, Inventors' Fair, Grateful Apparition, Thrummingbird
2 years ago
You might like these: Dispeller's Capsule , Urza's Bauble , Chromatic Sphere , Chromatic Star , Terrarion , Pyrite Spellbomb , Salvaging Station , Expedition Map , Battlemage's Bracers , Bludgeon Brawl , Sequestered Stash , Axgard Armory , Bonders' Enclave , Skyscanner , Enduring Renewal , Umbilicus
2 years ago
I don't think this kind of deck warrants using Master Transmuter , as there just aren't enough big-costing cards in here to make it worthwhile.
I also see an issue where the big costing cards you do have, don't do a lot and are quite slow. I'd personally ditch Sharding Sphinx , Spell Swindle , Tezzeret, Artifice Master , Myr Turbine , Myr Battlesphere at a minimum, but also seriously consider ditching most of your other cards with CMC 4 or higher - modern is a fast format and your deck doesn't look well suited to stalling the game out.
I would recommend grabbing 4x Whir of Invention . They let you run a more tool-boxy build, grabbing whatever artifact you need to help out your current situation. While this will let you run many 1-ofs in the deck, I suggest still trying to get full playsets of the cards you want your deck to focus around (like Sai, Master Thopterist , for example).
Try and leave sideboard cards in the sideboard. The likes of Dispeller's Capsule won't do anything in a lot of matchups, so just bring it in when you'd actually need it. Padeem, Consul of Innovation feels a bit like a sideboard card also (a lot of artifact decks instead run Welding Jar mainboard to save them from game-one hate).
I would heavily recommend running 4x Thopter Foundry and 2x Sword of the Meek _(or 3x of each). _ The combo of pumping out thopters seems to be what your deck wants to do, and these cards make doing it super easy.
Just looking through the rest of the cards you have, the following list are other things I think you should look at ditching for better options at some point: Dragon Throne of Tarkir , Ojutai Monument , and Whirlermaker . As far as other cards to consider adding to this deck, I think you're in desperate need of interaction, so I would suggest Dispatch and Mana Leak to get you through the early-to-mid game grind
3 years ago
Hey man! Good first draft! I like some of the ideas in here. I have some constructive criticism for you, so, as brutally honest as I will be with my suggestions, keep in mind I’m just offering my best advice on how to improve this list. I tested this deck a bit and here’s some thoughts I have:
More Tutor / Draw: You’re running very little card advantage, which I noticed when I was testing this deck. There isn’t enough dig or deck manipulation going on here. Basically every time I found myself durdling. Here are some suggestions:
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Scroll Rack
- Crystal Ball
- Courier's Capsule
- Wheel of Fortune
- Stroke of Genius
- Mystic Remora
- Jace Beleren
- Long-Term Plans
- Land Tax
- Academy Rector
- Idyllic Tutor
- Madblind Mountain
- Fetch Lands. Literally any fetches.
More spot removal: Your deck doesn’t have a lot of ways of dealing out targeted removal. Mass Land D and other sweeper spells are great and all, but you also need ways of handling individual problems as they arrive. Here are some suggestions I have:
- Path to Exile / Swords to Plowshares
- Seal of Cleansing / Dispeller's Capsule
- Return to Dust
- Crush Contraband
- Shattering Pulse
- Shattering Spree
- Chaos Warp
- Lightning Bolt
More Persistent harassment: You’re running MLD, Tax, but you aren’t running a whole lot of effects to consistently torment the opponent. Smokestack, Pendrell Mists, Kataki, War's Wage, Manabarbs keep pressure on your opponents. Even just running more stuff to slow things down (Winter Orb, Tangle Wire, Kismet, Rule of Law, Stranglehold etc.) would be useful here.
Consider less creatures, more enchantments: Hatebears are cool, but consider the fact that they are easier to kill than their enchantment counterparts. Magus of the Moon dies much easier than Blood Moon and you want these effects to have a good return on investment. This one is more food for thought than actual criticism.
Suggestions for cuts: Hall of Heliod's Generosity (?): It’s a great card, but right now you aren’t running enough Enchantments to justify it. Most of the time it’s going to just tap for colorless. If you run more Enchantments, it’s a keeper! (I think I’m going to try and find a slot for my own deck)
Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain: This is pretty vestigial. It’s not really pulling much weight. Cut it.
Karn, Silver Golem: See above.
Tomik, Distinguished Advokist: I get what you’re going with here, but you’re blowing up your lands anyway, making them untargetable is kind of moot. There’s a bunch of hatebears I’d rather run in this slot.
Saltblast: This card is kind of bad. Costs waaay too much for targeted removal. Also, is completely dead against decks that run white. I’d honestly remove this and replace it with Wrath of God instead.
Karn, the Great Creator: Not doing enough. I see the combo with Mycosynth Lattice, but Hellkite Tyrant is a much better combo.
Empowered Autogenerator: Too slow, too expensive. It’s not as good as it looks. Ideally, rocks should slot into the 0-3 CC range. If you desperately wanted something in the 4 slot, why not just run Thran Dynamo instead? It’s more consistent.
Firemind Vessel – See above.
3 years ago
Giorgiod: First of all, thanks for your interest, and please let me know how playing the deck works out for you. =D I'd love to get feedback on the deck in a different meta.
As for a sideboard. Tbh, eh not really, lol. I play mostly casual/kitchen table, plus I literally have over 50 pauper decks built so I don't get to play them all as much as they deserve.
That being said, were I to bring this deck to a LGS and play it, I would probably swap Stoic Rebuttal for straight-up Counterspell as suggested above, and leave maybe one or more Stoic Rebuttals in the sideboard for counter-wars with other blue decks.
I only have the one copy of Welding Jar or else I'd have more in the deck also, so put some of those in the sideboard too.
Apostle's Blessing is one of the best defense spells in pauper imho, so if you face a lot of removal, there's that.
Echoing Truth is versatile enough to hit any permanent, so kind of a board wipe, but can also get rid of Treasure, Food, etc. depending on what you face.
Beyond that, I usually go very general with my sideboards, so creature removal (Searing Light, Smite, Celestial Flare), artifact removal (Fragmentize, Dispeller's Capsule) and enchantment removal (Demystify). And sometimes you can double up the effects on one card to "save space" in your sideboard, as you can see. =)
Hopefully that jumble of ideas provides some help to you! =D Have fun, and let me know how you like the deck and if it needs any major adjustments or whatnot! Thanks!
4 years ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)