Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. If it's an enchanted creature or enchantment creature, it also gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control. Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)
4 months ago
Hello! May I step in to give you some recommendations? Since you're on a budget, all cards suggested are 2 dollars or less.
Part 1: Ramp
In: You probably want aura ramp and cost reducers over standard land ramp: Wild Growth, Transcendent Envoy, Hero of Iroas, Jukai Naturalist and Stenn, Paranoid Partisan (choosing Enchantment). These will allow you to storm through your deck casting Auras ad nauseam.
Part 2: Card draw
Just as important as ramp is card draw: Galea won't always be available to you.
Part 3: Removal
Swords to Plowshares is GREAT, no doubt. But, in this kind of deck, you can spice it up with the great Auras that has for removal.
The objective is, then, to use the cheapest Auras that can hit more than one permanent type, with emphasis on "loses its abilities" in the text box.
Part 4: Boardwipes
In: I believe you should run more boardwipes that leave your board mostly untouched. Austere Command is one such example. You almost always will clean all artifacts and the half of creatures that are more dangerous to you. Curse of the Swine is another selective wipe.
Part 5: Protection and Evasion
In Voltron, tempo is crucial.
- In: Negate and Delay are inconditional and cheap counters mana-wise.
- Out: Calculated Dismissal and Frilled Mystic aren't.
Now to the Auras:
- In: Spirit Mantle, Unquestioned Authority and Mask of Law and Grace are protection and evasion at the same time (protection also means it can't be blocked).
- Out: Favor of the Overbeing, Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad.
Following the same logic as with removal, I'm using auras over instants to protect the Voltron.
- In: Shield of the Oversoul, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover.
- Out: Benevolent Blessing, Shielding Plax, Karametra's Blessing. (I believe proactive protection goes miles farther than a reactive one.)
Part 6: Tutors
Part 7: Win Conditions
Out: Bruna, Light of Alabaster is slow and telegraphed in this build. People won't let her stick to the field. Nissa, Steward of Elements is tough to protect in a Voltron build, while she only offers scry, which your lands can already do.
Part 8: Lands
- You might consider more lands that fix your colors and manipulate the top of your library at will: Terramorphic Expanse, Temple of Plenty, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Mystery, Cabaretti Courtyard, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Naya Panorama, Esper Panorama.
- Rogue's Passage is great evasion on a land.
- Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath and Thriving Isle are neat fixing, but the Temples are superior since they play into Galea's strategy.
- Path of Ancestry is great if you're in a 5-color deck or in a tribal-heavy creature deck. This build is neither.
- Lumbering Falls is good for suiting Equipments on, but Auras will just go to the graveyard when this land stops being a creature.
- Azorius Chancery, because you don't run the other two bouncelands.
- Razorverge Thicket. You'll soon realize that the later turns are more important than the early ones in EDH. This land is a beast in Modern, but it is far from worth it in Commander unless you're playing a turn-3 win deck.
- Forest and Forest to give room for the two remaining Panoramas. (With all the land searching above, you're probably more likely now to have a target for Utopia Sprawl than before.)
- Seaside Citadel. I know, I know: tri-lands are great and all, but, in this build, I'm trying to bake the top-of-library manipulation into the manabase so you have more free spell slots for your Auras, similar to what I did with Yennett, Cryptic Oddity (to a great success): each land in it has to either enter untapped somehow or change the top card of the library.
If you read this far, congratulations! Here is the list of the deck with all the suggested alterations, in case you want to test it: Galea, Menacing Aura. Good luck and have fun!
4 months ago
Playtested your deck and loved it. It is a card draw/ramp machine, might even build one for myself. I will research some cards, but for now, I can remember some cool things to ad.
Druid Class for extra land drops (it cost 5 mana to do so, it is a maybe board).
Darksteel Mutation If budget enough.
10 months ago
Sadly, Hexproof is Blue and Green as White is the Color of Protection cough. White sources are not permanent. You're looking at Beaming Defiance, Blacksmith's Skill, Karametra's Blessing and Loran's Escape
1 year ago
You might like these: Not of This World, Simian Spirit Guide, Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Strike it Rich, Benevolent Blessing, Karametra's Blessing, Red Elemental Blast, Lapse of Certainty, Abolish, Fury of the Horde, Reverent Mantra, Angel's Grace, Chance for Glory, Tithe, Mistveil Plains
1 year ago
Idyllic Tutor to search for what you need.
Nyx Herald for enchantment interaction.
Hope this helps. Happy Hunting!
2 years ago
Karametra's Blessing states it can only target creatures, and you shouldn't be using auras on your creatures in this deck.
2 years ago
Disenchant would be useful if i want to get rid of artifacts/enchantments. I think Disallow would be even more useful in that sense. I think Karametra's Blessing would be extremely useful for my enchanted creatures, but would it protect my enchantments as well as creatures, even if it's like High Alert ? Or does it have to work on only auras, like Gauntlets of Light ?
2 years ago
Strive is an excellent way to ensure you're not missing out on heroic triggers on your other creatures when spells inevitably get diverted to Phalanx Leader . Launch the Fleet and Ajani's Presence are the best two options in white. If you don't mind running nonhumans, Vanguard of Brimaz and Tethmos High Priest could make Fight as One viable instead. More generic instant/sorceries could be Gird for Battle , Hope and Glory , and Tandem Tactics . Finally, if you prefer the Hero of Iroas , Kor Spiritdancer type of play, Spirit Mantle + Daybreak Coronet is a great way to push damage and Karametra's Blessing is a nice trick.