Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
At the beginning of your end step, if you control a creature with power 4 or greater, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card until you exile another card with Furious Rise.
6 months ago
For global haste you can use Fires of Yavimaya, Concordant Crossroads, Mass Hysteria, and Urabrask the Hidden who will also conveniently turn off other people's haste. Anger and Barbarian Class also give haste after more effort.
Ant Queen, Artifact Mutation, Battle Hymn, Circle of Dreams Druid, Dragon Broodmother, Pest Infestation, Scute Swarm, Tempt with Vengeance, Sylvan Offering, Termagant Swarm are all useful if you can give haste to all of them.
Birds of Paradise is just the best mana dork.
You have green, so you might as well use the standard ramp package with Cultivate , Kodama's Reach, Explore , Farseek, , Rampant Growth, Three Visits and Nature's Lore. Probably ignore most mana rocks, because people are going to want to vandalblast you just because of the treasures.
For draw spells consider Scroll Rack, Garruk's Uprising, Elemental Bond, Soul's Majesty, Furious Rise, Rishkar's Expertise, Beast Whisperer, Shamanic Revelation, Disciple of Bolas, Pact of the Serpent, Painful Truths, Harmonize, Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Damnable Pact, Commune with Lava, Lifeblood Hydra, or maybe Necropotence although the color restricion on necro is tough, treasures should take care of it.
Fable of the Mirror-Breaker Flip, Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer , The Reaver Cleaver , Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge , Ancient Copper Dragon , Old Gnawbone Ziatora, the Incinerator for more treasure makers. Pyrohemia and Pestilence could be fun with the extra mana. Awaken the Woods is an amazing x spell too, but wont appreciate the two aforementioned cards.
If you're using magda the deck will benefit from dragons and expensive artifacts. throw in Imperial Recruiter and Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, and Demonic Tutor all go in your colors. so you can get her more consistently. Darksteel Forge and Gate to Phyrexia can be tutored into play with her for five treasure.
If you use dragons, you could add Dragonstorm, but you should carefully consider how many cheap spells you expect to be able to cast if you arent building specifically towards this card. Chatterstorm, Empty the Warrens, Yawgmoth's Will, Jeska's Will, Mana Geyser, and Manamorphose, Past in Flames are all good on their own and would add synergy.
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire is a very good payoff for using treasures if you dont use certain other nightmarish dragons like Atarka, World Render, Blast-Furnace Hellkite, Terror of Mount Velus, Thrakkus the Butcher
1 year ago
Welcome to Magic, I see you've started off by picking the best format, Commander. Huzzah!
Might I recommend Loyal Unicorn, since your deck revolves so much around controlling your Commander and attacking?
You only have a handful of Equipment, but what about Godo, Bandit Warlord to give you more extra attack phases?
Not sure how new you are to the game, but do you know about an ability called Exalted? That can be a great source of power for you too with your current build. Consider the land Cathedral of War for an example of what I mean.
1 year ago
Remember a while ago where I made Zaren, Silverback Ironfist? The Ape Berserker who revolved around the Fight mechanic? So I built a deck and he was way to powerful. Every single creature spell becoems removal. Even when I nerf him, dropping it from two +1/+1 counters when the creature survives down to just a single +1/+1 until end of turn, everything just decimates the boardstate. Dropping a Hornet Queen just wrecked a game I was playing in. Because he is a custom commander, I have the deck here on Tappedout and I have the browser tab open. My current boardstate (after winning the game) looks like this:
- Zaren, Omnath, Locus of Rage, 4x 5/5 Elemental tokens, Akroma, Angel of Fury, Toralf, God of Fury Flip, Myojin of Life's Web whom I removed the counter from in order to bring into play Myojin of Towering Might, Foe-Razer Regent, Gruul Ragebeast, Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider, Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip, Kodama of the East Tree who brought out Thorn Mammoth and Arcane Signet because that's all I had that were less MV. I also had a very early Elemental Bond, so I kept drawing a ton of cards. My hand currently sits at Forest, Pit Fight, Mountain, Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Apex Altisaur, The Tarrasque, Kogla, the Titan Ape and Dragonlord Atarka with Hunt the Hunter, Furious Rise, Frontier Siege, Mountain, Hornet Queen and Boxing Ring in my graveyard.
- It's my Turn 9.
Game ended with me at 24 life.
Poor Ur-Dragon died twice to my fights; Once to Akroma, Angel of Fury after she triggered a second time since The Ur-Dragon is both white and blue, she couldn't deal damage back. So when Akroma dealt 6, she got +1/+1 until end of turn and I had her fight again with Hunt the Hunter, since The Ur-Dragon is green. Later, Hornet Queen made short work of it, again.
I think I vastly underestimated the power of the Fight mechanic, and now I understand why we do not have a Fight Commander. T-T
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you and target opponent may each reveal cards from the top of your library until you both reveal a creature card. If you do, they enter the battlefield tapped and fight each other. Put the rest of the revealed cards on the bottom of their libraries in a random order. If one creature survives, it remains on the battlefield. If both creatures survive, their owners shuffle them back into their library.
1 year ago
Well, let's break it down like this:
- Functionally no ramp outside of Serra's Sanctum and Smothering Tithe
- Loads of targeted exile removal
- Cantrips draws only, lest a few Commanders like Mangara
- Almost always puts you in one of three very rickety boats: White weenies, Angels, prisons & Stax
- Lots of ramp. Runaway Steam-Kin, Koth of the Hammer, Dockside Extortionist, Mana Geyser and Battle Hymn, to name a few
- Burn is basically their removal, but it's so easy to deal lethal amounts of damage that this works just fine. Plus artifact and land destruction so you can grind games to a screeching halt
- Yes, red draw is flimsy. But it's still draw, and there's a lot more of it than white. While it may act essentially the same as a cantrips (replace card in hand with card from deck), it also allows more utility when you can pick and choose between the top two or three. As for impulse, cards such as Outpost Siege and Furious Rise may not feel like card advantage, but it's an additional card you get to cast that turn. The first time you impulse, you replaced the enchantment (e.g. cantrip), but the second time is straight value
- Loads of ways to win, mostly through damage, but everything white can do, red can also do. Drop a Mudslide and watch the game crash to a sudden stop. It's amazing.
Red is not the best mono color, but is superior to white in every way, with the exception of maybe instant speed 1mv removal. But red is so aggressive that you take the hit and fire back full force anyway
White has it's benefits. The issue is white is best at propping other colors up. On its own, it has nothing to prop up and thus falls apart.
1 year ago
I'd suggest Greater Good, Symbiotic Deployment, Harmonize, Colossal Majesty, Shamanic Revelation, Collective Unconscious, Liquimetal Torque, Prismatic Lens, Mind Stone, Furious Rise, Commune with Lava, Goblin Bombardment, Valakut Exploration, Evolution Sage, Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar, Inspiring Call, Fling, Kazuul's Fury Flip, Thud, Momentous Fall, Life's Legacy, Soul's Fire, Hunter's Insight, Invigorating Surge, Hydra's Growth, Decimate, Ground Assault, Chain Reaction, Waking the Trolls, Rites of Flourishing, Perilous Forays, Goblin Anarchomancer, Domri, Anarch of Bolas, Borborygmos, Conjurer's Closet, Twinflame, Mirror March, and Rogue's Passage as some budget upgrades for your desired stompy landfall strategy.
1 year ago
This is a classic casual list - If I was looking to win fnms with it, I'd go lower on the mana curve with some combination of 1 drops that can get 4 power, backed by 'power 4 matters' which has been printed quite a lot. In casual play there are a lot more options.
Colossal Majesty/Furious Rise/Garruk's Uprising/Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner are great at drawing cards. Crater's Claws is the best finisher for this kind of list if it ramps. Feed the Clan is incredible in the sideboard. Flamewake Phoenix is great if graveyards aren't being exiled. Bonders' Enclave is good, solid card-draw. Temur Battle Rage is a great 'gotcha'. Whisperer of the Wilds is a second Ilysian Caryatid, Winds of Qal Sisma is a fun 1-sided fog.
For pure budget, Ravenous Squirrel + Bloodhall Ooze + Swarm Shambler offers a solid creature package, which plays nice with stuff like Winding Constrictor. If you want flat creatures, Lambholt Pacifist Flip, Skinshifter, Talara's Battalion or similar.
1 year ago
I always found sunforger better in decks like feather (mine does not run it to mana expensive for the payoff) or Firesong and Sunspeaker style decks they get more use
The best equipment are Sword of Fire and Ice it draws and if you have double strike and hit twice you get two triggers and Sword of Feast and Famine untapping extra mana then you pair it with Aggravated Assault yea unlimited combat is possible and note the swords have protection
Auras are always worse than equipment with few exceptions because they just blow up your creature and they are gone example of exception Rancor.
In boros you are limited on card draw but it is way better than the old days. You are better off looting or exiling to dig through your deck than trying to use sunforger
Sunbird's Invocation Cascade light but dam I gotten so much value from this card people have to use their removal on it all the time.
I also like Furious Rise in these style of decks I run it in my Samut deck.
You can always leverage Monarch white has always had it but red has some monarch triggers as while now and you are going to be combat oriented so you have that to explore for more card draw.
I would also think about Sigarda's Aid it helps a lot
Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist would great in a deck like that as while
2 years ago
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent