Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
At the beginning of your end step, if you control a creature with power 4 or greater, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card until you exile another card with Furious Rise.
1 month ago
Remember a while ago where I made Zaren, Silverback Ironfist? The Ape Berserker who revolved around the Fight mechanic? So I built a deck and he was way to powerful. Every single creature spell becoems removal. Even when I nerf him, dropping it from two +1/+1 counters when the creature survives down to just a single +1/+1 until end of turn, everything just decimates the boardstate. Dropping a Hornet Queen just wrecked a game I was playing in. Because he is a custom commander, I have the deck here on Tappedout and I have the browser tab open. My current boardstate (after winning the game) looks like this:
- Zaren, Omnath, Locus of Rage, 4x 5/5 Elemental tokens, Akroma, Angel of Fury, Toralf, God of Fury Flip, Myojin of Life's Web whom I removed the counter from in order to bring into play Myojin of Towering Might, Foe-Razer Regent, Gruul Ragebeast, Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider, Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip, Kodama of the East Tree who brought out Thorn Mammoth and Arcane Signet because that's all I had that were less MV. I also had a very early Elemental Bond, so I kept drawing a ton of cards. My hand currently sits at Forest, Pit Fight, Mountain, Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Apex Altisaur, The Tarrasque, Kogla, the Titan Ape and Dragonlord Atarka with Hunt the Hunter, Furious Rise, Frontier Siege, Mountain, Hornet Queen and Boxing Ring in my graveyard.
- It's my Turn 9.
Game ended with me at 24 life.
Poor Ur-Dragon died twice to my fights; Once to Akroma, Angel of Fury after she triggered a second time since The Ur-Dragon is both white and blue, she couldn't deal damage back. So when Akroma dealt 6, she got +1/+1 until end of turn and I had her fight again with Hunt the Hunter, since The Ur-Dragon is green. Later, Hornet Queen made short work of it, again.
I think I vastly underestimated the power of the Fight mechanic, and now I understand why we do not have a Fight Commander. T-T
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you and target opponent may each reveal cards from the top of your library until you both reveal a creature card. If you do, they enter the battlefield tapped and fight each other. Put the rest of the revealed cards on the bottom of their libraries in a random order. If one creature survives, it remains on the battlefield. If both creatures survive, their owners shuffle them back into their library.
4 months ago
Well, let's break it down like this:
- Functionally no ramp outside of Serra's Sanctum and Smothering Tithe
- Loads of targeted exile removal
- Cantrips draws only, lest a few Commanders like Mangara
- Almost always puts you in one of three very rickety boats: White weenies, Angels, prisons & Stax
- Lots of ramp. Runaway Steam-Kin, Koth of the Hammer, Dockside Extortionist, Mana Geyser and Battle Hymn, to name a few
- Burn is basically their removal, but it's so easy to deal lethal amounts of damage that this works just fine. Plus artifact and land destruction so you can grind games to a screeching halt
- Yes, red draw is flimsy. But it's still draw, and there's a lot more of it than white. While it may act essentially the same as a cantrips (replace card in hand with card from deck), it also allows more utility when you can pick and choose between the top two or three. As for impulse, cards such as Outpost Siege and Furious Rise may not feel like card advantage, but it's an additional card you get to cast that turn. The first time you impulse, you replaced the enchantment (e.g. cantrip), but the second time is straight value
- Loads of ways to win, mostly through damage, but everything white can do, red can also do. Drop a Mudslide and watch the game crash to a sudden stop. It's amazing.
Red is not the best mono color, but is superior to white in every way, with the exception of maybe instant speed 1mv removal. But red is so aggressive that you take the hit and fire back full force anyway
White has it's benefits. The issue is white is best at propping other colors up. On its own, it has nothing to prop up and thus falls apart.
5 months ago
I'd suggest Greater Good, Symbiotic Deployment, Harmonize, Colossal Majesty, Shamanic Revelation, Collective Unconscious, Liquimetal Torque, Prismatic Lens, Mind Stone, Furious Rise, Commune with Lava, Goblin Bombardment, Valakut Exploration, Evolution Sage, Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar, Inspiring Call, Fling, Kazuul's Fury Flip, Thud, Momentous Fall, Life's Legacy, Soul's Fire, Hunter's Insight, Invigorating Surge, Hydra's Growth, Decimate, Ground Assault, Chain Reaction, Waking the Trolls, Rites of Flourishing, Perilous Forays, Goblin Anarchomancer, Domri, Anarch of Bolas, Borborygmos, Conjurer's Closet, Twinflame, Mirror March, and Rogue's Passage as some budget upgrades for your desired stompy landfall strategy.
8 months ago
This is a classic casual list - If I was looking to win fnms with it, I'd go lower on the mana curve with some combination of 1 drops that can get 4 power, backed by 'power 4 matters' which has been printed quite a lot. In casual play there are a lot more options.
Colossal Majesty/Furious Rise/Garruk's Uprising/Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner are great at drawing cards. Crater's Claws is the best finisher for this kind of list if it ramps. Feed the Clan is incredible in the sideboard. Flamewake Phoenix is great if graveyards aren't being exiled. Bonders' Enclave is good, solid card-draw. Temur Battle Rage is a great 'gotcha'. Whisperer of the Wilds is a second Ilysian Caryatid, Winds of Qal Sisma is a fun 1-sided fog.
For pure budget, Ravenous Squirrel + Bloodhall Ooze + Swarm Shambler offers a solid creature package, which plays nice with stuff like Winding Constrictor. If you want flat creatures, Lambholt Pacifist Flip, Skinshifter, Talara's Battalion or similar.
9 months ago
I always found sunforger better in decks like feather (mine does not run it to mana expensive for the payoff) or Firesong and Sunspeaker style decks they get more use
The best equipment are Sword of Fire and Ice it draws and if you have double strike and hit twice you get two triggers and Sword of Feast and Famine untapping extra mana then you pair it with Aggravated Assault yea unlimited combat is possible and note the swords have protection
Auras are always worse than equipment with few exceptions because they just blow up your creature and they are gone example of exception Rancor.
In boros you are limited on card draw but it is way better than the old days. You are better off looting or exiling to dig through your deck than trying to use sunforger
Sunbird's Invocation Cascade light but dam I gotten so much value from this card people have to use their removal on it all the time.
I also like Furious Rise in these style of decks I run it in my Samut deck.
You can always leverage Monarch white has always had it but red has some monarch triggers as while now and you are going to be combat oriented so you have that to explore for more card draw.
I would also think about Sigarda's Aid it helps a lot
Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist would great in a deck like that as while
1 year ago
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
1 year ago
You are limited to playing 1 land per turn unless another card (like Exploration) tells you otherwise. If you no longer have a creature with power 4 or greater, you could play the land from Outpost Siege and wait until next turn to play the one from Furious Rise, but it sounds like you're going to need to pick one and lose the other.
1 year ago
So you might think if adding even more mana rocks like Mind Stone, Thran Dynamo, Hedron Archive, Worn Powerstone, Blinkmoth Urn, Everflowing Chalice, Gilded Lotus, Palladium Myr, or Iron Myr. You should be ramping as much as possible, you could even consider Extraplanar Lens if budget is no concern. You could consider cards like Myr Retriever, Goblin Welder, Buried Ruin, Goblin Engineer, Junk Diver, purphorous, bronze-blooded or Daretti, Scrap Savant to bring artifacts back from the graveyard. You could consider Mystic Forge, Planar Bridge, or Kuldotha Forgemaster for getting artifacts out of your deck and onto the battlefield. Darksteel Forge, Soul of New Phyrexia, or Eldrazi Monument so you're killing your artifacts only when you want to. Unwinding Clock it's good if you combine it with flash from Shimmer Myr or Vedalken Orrery. Ugin, the Ineffable or Foundry Inspector to reduce the casting cost of your artifacts without affecting the cmc. You could go full ham on some big artifact creatures like Myr Battlesphere, Meteor Golem, Duplicant, Ancient Stone Idol, Mycosynth Golem, Darksteel Colossus, Blightsteel Colossus, Platinum Angel, or Platinum Emperion just to name a few. Other ideas might be Hellkite Tyrant to steal your opponents artifacts Mycosynth Lattice to turn your non-artifacts into artifacts, Illusionist's Bracers or Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient to copy bosh's abilities, Swiftfoot Boots and/or Lightning Greaves to protect your big guy, Voltaic Key or Manifold Key to untap your rocks, or Mind's Eye or incidental card draw. Some lands to think about are Myriad Landscape, Darksteel Citadel, and Phyrexia's Core but not much else.
As per suggestions to take out : Catalyst Elemental, Destructive Digger, Forge Armor, Walking Atlas, Nahiri's Wrath, Wily Goblin (use Dockside Extortionist), Azor's Gateway Flip, Furious Rise, Generator Servant, Pirate's Pillage, Scarecrone, Filigree Familiar just to name a few.
I would like to start by saying I'm not trying to say your deck is bad, just trying to give you a lot of ideas to go off of and pointing out things that don't really go with the theme of the deck, which is ramp super hard, drop a bunch of big threats, drop bosh and kill opponents. Secondly, I am not a competitive deck builder by any means, I just use the data I have and suggest the things I like. I actually like seeing gosh in the command zone.