|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Fire and Lightning (PD2)||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
If a red instant or sorcery spell you control would deal damage, it deals double that damage instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||Supremespeed , Candyman949 , rakdos24 , Kimimaro , pokemate0 , Ashy|
|Want (2)||samuelianstorm , richardmv|
Fire Servant Discussion
9 hours ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Cut Fire Servant, Satyr Firedancer, Hypersonic Dragon and Mercurial Chemister and run a full playset of Monastery Swiftspear and Nivix Cyclops/Kiln Fiend as they are the staple of any blitz style deck.
AS for spells, cut down on any spell that isn't under 2 or 3-so cards like Firemind's Foresight, Gridlock and Prophetic Bolt has to go. Cut all your counterspells and replace them with 2 or 3 Counterspell, and any combination of Brainstorm, Ponder and Preordain (all very powerful cards that are banned in Modern).
A UR spells deck tends to aim for fast wins off of Prowess creatures like Monastery Swiftspear, so you should focus the deck more in that direction.
2 months ago
Thank you WarArchangel86, I did not know that about braid of fire and have been using it wrong this whole time. I will replace it soon.I actually have Heartless Hidetsugu, Fire Servant, and Reverberate in the mail for this deck. I didn't know about them until i found another neheb deck on here. I like Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs I will order him and the wheel effects you sugested. And ill add the Myriad Landscape and i believe i have a Coldsteel Heart laying around somewhere. Thank you for all of your help!
2 months ago
A bit rough around the edges but it has some good synergies. Personally I'm not a huge fan of braid, is it really doing much to help your deck? Braid only allows you to make mana during your upkeep (after untap/before draw) so after you draw for turn the mana is gone. Its ok for instants and using abilities but wont help you cast sorceries or permanents.
Suggestions: Budget friendly advice :) 11 cards $12-14 total
- With only 30 lands and a Sol Ring you need more ways to get early mana faster.
- Wheel effects are perfect for burn decks like this, use any time you are below 3-4 cards even if you have to give up an excellent card. Most likely your opponents are holding onto 1 they wished to keep as well removing that threat and supplying you with a fresh hand.
- Kazuul is Reds Propaganda card. They attack you, you get more creatures to block/swing back with. Stuffy doll is great to get around opponents who run shroud on themselves and as a indestructible blocker. Anytime the doll takes damage it bypasses shroud and hits them anyways (awesome with Blasphemous Act) .
- Heartless can be dangerous to you, but especially your opponents. Halving everyone's life and then Neheb turns that damage into mana. Fire servant doubles each spells damage you play, Reverberate cheaply copies a spell
Personally I would consider any of these staples for Edh mono-red burn decks,
3 months ago
For casual play Fire Servant or Furnace of Rath would be a more fun option for Leyline of Punishment. Leylines tend to be such a spoilsport move. And doubling effects stack for a glorious bath in flames.
5 months ago
6 months ago
IF You really want to make Burn viable i9n EDH, there are two options.
First is going into Storm, but I don't really like it, and I won't really be able to help you here.
Other option is goin for big X spells. This is what I like and what I know well. Banefire, Devil's Play, Fault Line, Titan's Revenge, Rolling Earthquake. But hey, You need mana for that. You already have Mizzix of the Izmagnus that lower their costs. Another must have is Mana Geyser and Mana Seism imo. Both gives You so much quick mana in mid-late game that it lets you to burn everyone. Another cards are all kinds of copy spells like Fork, Reverberate and Reiterate. Double burn? Nice. Now damage doublers which are Fire Servant, Furnace of Rath and Dictate of the Twin Gods.
There are more viable cards to write down, it will be simpler for you to check my Ignite your Planeswalker spark.