|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature you control in play deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Soul's Fire Discussion
2 weeks ago
TheGeneralAdvisor , if I cut Rapacious One, Sin Prodder, Cudgel Troll, Flamespeaker's Will, Clan Defiance, Soul's Fire, Fire Servant, and Nessian Game Warden and considered adding Gruul Signet, Rampant Growth, Birds of Paradise, and Kodama's Reach, along with filling in more lands, do you think that would fix the mana problem, considering Ive already got 3 mana dorks. Maybe also adding in Manamorphose somewhere?
3 weeks ago
I'd definitely suggest Utopia Sprawl, maybe instead of Market Festival. Even Fertile Ground might be nicer, if you're on a budget, because being able to play things earlier usually gives you a huge edge, and the festival takes up a lot of mana. And personally I think Voyaging Satyr is a lot nicer than Blossom Dryad, as the extra power isn't usually relevant on a mana dork, and costing one less mana helps immensely.
And, finally, and perhaps most importantly, I think you should definitely run less mountains, when over 3/4ths of your cards need only green mana. Maybe look into some of the cheaper dual lands - even the ones that always enter tapped could work alright in slower multiplayer games. Though with the enchantments generating any-colored mana, especially if you get Utopia Sprawl, your need for red becomes even smaller.
4 weeks ago
Wurms have been around since Alpha, but no we get a SECOND frog legend. Ugh. I also play Saskia Wurms (http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/super-sick-wurms/). One card I'm running I don't see here is Chandra's Ignition. This card (along with Soul's Fire) basically mean your Charnelhoard Wurm can burn out players or every other creature at the table as often as you can afford (and you get back extra cards with more opponents!). That combo is what pushed me to include and not just run Trostani as Commander.
Hunting Grounds is a nice card in your list I hadn't considered.
1 month ago
At first glance, Id suggest the following flavor cards to add some spice to what you already have going on: Ancestral Statue, Primordial Sage,Tishana, Voice of Thunder, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Green Sun's Zenith, Worldly Tutor, Cyclonic Rift, Sol Ring, Vedalken Orrery, Seedborn Muse, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Equilibrium, Sylvan Library, Sensei's Divining Top, Zendikar Resurgent, Birds of Paradise, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Eternal Witness, Thassa, God of the Sea, Soul's Fire, Mage Slayer, Weaver of Lies.
Keep up the good work and good luck!
1 month ago
Thromok's ability to grow insanely large the minute he hits the battlefield is utterly useless if he doesn't have haste (because someone can just Doom Blade it when he hits the field, and if you went all in, you're now vulnerable to attackers) and trample (opponent chump blocking with a 1/1 creature and letting no damage through is one of the most infuriating things ever about running a giant beatstick). I bring this up because I only see one thing that gives haste (Hammer of Purphoros)*. Anger and Brawn serve this purpose while acting as sac fodder for Thromok.
Fling, Grab the Reins, and Soul's Fire can be used if he does in fact get Doom Bladed back to the command zone. Chandra's Ignition serves the same purpose as the aforementioned two, but at sorcery speed.
1 month ago
Hi there. I just wanted to jump in really quick and post this guy Ancestral Statue. He bounces himself 1000+ times to make Animar a 1000/1000. Then you can just Soul's Fire them to death. Or a swing from a trusty Mage Slayer outta do the trick.
1 month ago
Hello, draw cards in without brutal downsides looks cool right? So answering your questions:
- Crypt Rats and Plague Spitter are one of the worst mu out there, so I'm pretty sure is totally fine to have some free losses. On the other hand, against them I suggest to play wisely: for example cards like Zap or Spawning Breath can deal with those cards at instant speed, when we want to, or we can sacrifice our creatures in response to take advantage of the situation. Using cards like Otherworldly Outburst lets you replace your dead boyz. My suggestion is always the same in these situation: your opponent doens't know what is in your hand and the value you can generate, so you have to TRICK your opponent with your poker face, let him fall for your plans. It's difficult, but if you achieve to change the board state it will be a super fun play that will remembered ever after! Spot removals like Fall of the Hammer are at least worth considering.
- I play this deck so I know what it means have a wall of counterpells and removals hitting your opponents. Still the situation is the same as before, but forcinge the explosiveness of the deck: "Se te vonno stoppa' la combo, tu comba ancora pi forte!" roughly translated with "If they would stop you from going off, you have to go off stronger and faster!". In you play this deck in multi, you can also deal with other people to protect you from bad things, in change for sparing their lives a few turns. About Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast they are really cool, but not. The fact is that they are dead cards against any other non blue deck and:
- If you think they are worth adding, it's probably because you are able to see them often, so they are dead cards.
- If you think only two of them are a good trade in the 99s, they are still lesser than opponen't counters.
- Probably, but in a deck without manipulation is difficult to decide which cards take out, this is a meta oriented decision.
Lastly, Soul's Fire is not good as what is it seems, because it targets 2 things (your creature and your opponent) and this doesn't trigger the replicating ability of Zada, Hedron Grinder. How unfortunate...
1 month ago
Oh my, i never thought Zada can be used to draw cards in mono-red. Now i see this general way cooler than i though.
May i ask you some questions?
- What plan you have to deal with generals like Crypt Rats or Plague Spitter? Removals like Fall of the Hammer would help.
- How you would play against control? Counterspells for example, that will be ready to counter Zada at turn 3?
What do you thing about spells Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast?
- Mana ramp can make your deck faster. More rocks can give you Zada to turn 3 stable, or turn 4 with protection.
Also, i suggest you Soul's Fire as creature removal and ever finisher, to kill an opponent on instant.