Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You lose 2 life.
|Want (7)||Hobo_Grandpa , Goji , zudna , chessythie , morphling85 , Morpho-peleides , catraclysm|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Vampiric Tutor Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Some quick ideas to strengthen this deck while keeping Prossh at the helm.
- Add Korvold, Fae-Cursed King to the 99 as a backup big damage dealer and card draw engine when sacrificing creatures
- Add Hatred as an instant speed win with Prossh or any creature (if you have enough life)
- Add Vampiric Tutor for more ways to get key cards
- Replace Phyrexian Arena with Necropotence for better card draw
- Add Second Harvest as a way to double tokens that are already in play rather than needing an enchantment ahead of time
- Add Chatterfang, Squirrel General as a cheap way to double tokens
- Add The Meathook Massacre as a boardwipe and drain enchantment
- Add Pitiless Plunderer as a way to ramp when sacrificing creatures
- Add Dockside Extortionist as a awesome ramp card
- Add Moldervine Reclamation as a card draw engine
Some cards I would consider removing:
- Vicious Shadows seems very conditional as it requires people to have a few cards in hand by the time you can play a 7 mana spell. It also does nothing the turn it comes out without some previous setup
- Army of the Damned seems very expensive. It makes a ton of tokens but also leaves no mana for responses unless you have ramped a lot (which the deck doesnt seem to do at the moment).
3 weeks ago
This deck looks fun! I love seeing other Meren decks. And no worries, plug away!
If there's just one card to take from my deck, it would be Dark Confidant. Losing life from that can be harsh at times, but it really boosts that hand. Plus, that's what Kokusho is there for and you don't really have high mana costs so wouldn't be that brutal :) I really think you should add Phyrexian Tower as that can be such a great sac outlet. I've never not used the two mana it's provided me. My current set up is brand new and haven't tested it out, but Vindictive Lich really seems like it's going to make my friends sigh which makes me very happy. One more suggestion is getting Vampiric Tutor bc if mike n trike are is your main goal then that add to your tutor possibilities.
3 weeks ago
Glad someone took notice of this guy, seems decent on paper! Vampiric Tutor or even Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire might be decent in a deck that wants to attack and manipulate the top deck. Varragoth opens up some sneaky plays with Opposition Agent, where you can simply exile a combo piece from an opponent's deck by targeting them with boast ability. Maze of Ith would also allow you to negate your varragoth attack keeping him safe. Maybe not cEDH viable but New Blood and Blood Tribute both have kicker costs that can use your commanders vampire ability. Also thinking of Deflecting Swat and Deadly Rollick. And theres always Hatred or Unspeakable Symbol even Vial Smasher the Fierce
4 weeks ago
Don't forget, you can also run Vampiric Tutor (for fast mana), Mana Vault, and Jeweled Lotus for more turn 1/2 Braids. It's not the best, but it's the worst when it happens. If you wanted to get really competitive, then you can also run Blood Pet, Lotus Petal, Cabal Ritual, Mox Diamond, Mox Opal, Vault of Whispers, and Chrome Mox. Even Priest of Gix for helping kill everyone faster. The consistency is high enough to get this commander Rule 0'd at most tables if it got unbanned.
4 weeks ago
Diamanacle - Sounds good! Looking forward to feedback. Cards that on the chopping block so far are Blood Pet, Greed, Demonic Vigor, Siege-Gang Commander and Torch Courier. Am probably gonna add Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, Deadly Rollick and Shadowspear (which I forgot I had).
BPWyndon - Massacre Girl was in the deck while I was playtesting it before posting on here. She seems great, but whenever I add her to a deck I just end up flashing back using her on Arena with a board full of creatures and the resulting MASSIVE stack and it gives me a headache and I end up removing her. lol She definitely has potential though. I'll toss her on the maybeboard.
1 month ago
Mausoleum Secrets wouldn't be great in this deck since it only searches black cards. There's relatively few of them in this deck, and none of them tend to be direct win pieces. Vampiric Tutor would fit better, since it does not limit the cards you can search.
1 month ago
Nice idea. I have a ninja deck that only uses instants for a similar reason. There are some good tutor and draw options at instant speed if your interested since that could help you get what you need at any time. Pretty sure playing a Vampiric Tutor in response to your commander's ability means you can tutor and draw that card at the same time. Mausoleum Secrets can work as well.
There are a few more that could assist you as well from the list: Agents of Darkness