Domri, Anarch of Bolas
Legendary Planeswalker — Domri
Creatures you control get +1/+0.
+1: Gain or . Creature spells you cat this way can't be countered.
-2: Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
|Have (2)||CompleteWaste , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Domri, Anarch of Bolas occurrence in decks from the last year
Domri, Anarch of Bolas Discussion
23 hours ago
Might want to look into adding these cards for combat step potency. Berserkers' Onslaught, Aggravated Assault, Domri, Anarch of Bolas, Savage Ventmaw, Rampaging Baloths, Skarrgan Hellkite, End-Raze Forerunners, terrastodon, Kogla, the Titan Ape, Scourge of the Throne
And these cards for card-draw and mana ramp Beast Whisperer, Garruk's Uprising, Castle Garenbrig, Llanowar Elves, Temple of Abandon, Gruul Turf, Sheltered Thicket, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Return of the Wildspeaker, Elvish Mystic, Hunter's Insight, Ilysian Caryatid, Guardian Project, Bonders' Enclave, Nylea, Keen-Eyed,Lifecrafter's Bestiary
And the cuts I were thinking of could be Vivien, Champion of the Wilds, Spearbreaker Behemoth, Giant Adephage, Spidersilk Armor, Mistcutter Hydra, Shifting Ceratops, Sunder Shaman, Voracious Hydra, Rhonas's Monument, Blood Mist
This are just my first initial thoughts on the deck.
1 week ago
Could replace your domri with Domri, Anarch of Bolas to bring the price down a bit and net some ramp. Since you care about land, Abundance is fairly inexpensive for what it does. Gruul Locket is pennies and gives you some ramp with a draw outlet if needed. Could replace one of your more expensive draws. Same thing for a cantrip like Cathartic Reunion. On the passive damage side, Sulfuric Vortex and Obsidian Fireheart are under a buck.
3 weeks ago
Some changes I recommend:
- Rhythm of the Wild (protection and haste or counters)
- Fertilid (elemental that tutors lands)
- Arid Mesa
- Misty Rainforest
- Scalding Tarn
- Verdant Catacombs
I'll let you know which land to replace as you get the fetches. So far the list looks awesome!
1 month ago
Boundless Realms, Vigor, Forest, Mountain, Time Walk, Mox Jet, Kargan Dragonlord, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Tamiyo, Collector of Tales, Liliana Vess, Domri, Anarch of Bolas, and Deicide are some other cards with cool art.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Astral Cornucopia is actually halfway decent with proliferation, I'd say better in this deck than Relic. If he can reasonably proliferate a couple time in the first handful of turns(by t5 or so), it's a 3-mana rock that has the potential to tap for 3, 4, 5+ mana as the game goes on.
Everflowing Chalice is a 2-mana rock anyways, and then it can add 2, 3, or 4+ easily after a few turns.
2 months ago
It's true that Spark Double would give you another use of a planeswalker's ability but if your goal is to make tokens of it, it still runs into the same problem. Turning all your tokens into a copy of Spark Double means that all of the tokens are 0/0 illusions that die as state based actions. But a wincon consisting of a huge planeswalker army is still well within reach!
We probably all know about Jace, Cunning Castaway's interaction with Doubling Season. If he ults with Doubling Season on the board, he makes two copies of himself each of who can do it again. You end up with infinite Jaces. If you have Oath of Gideon or Oath of Teferi/The Chain Veil on the field, they will either have enough loyalty to create 2/2 creatures (in the case of the former) or will be ready to create 2/2 creatures next turn (in the case of the latter.) Infinite tokens are pretty decent for our pal, Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer dontcha think? But who wants to win with creatures attacking anyways? If we wanted that we just play Selesnya or something. Why not throw in another card to win in a truly glorious fashion? A card that you already run in your deck! Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God on the field with the two aforementioned cards (Jace and Doubling Season) allows you to make infinite Nicol Bolas! If you have Oath of Teferi out, you can +1 them all at once, exiling everything on the opponent's battlefields and from in the opponent's hands. Come to think of it, that dragon dunce should've just done this during War of the Spark... but I digress. I think that those might be some fun combos for you to look into! Also it's important to remember that Bolas doesn't just have to use his own +1. That wins the game, sure, but if you wanna be flashy, he can use the loyalty abilities of any other walker you have out! Draw your library and drain everyone with Sorin, Grim Nemesis, dragonbomb the shit out of everyone with Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, gain infinite life with Ajani, Strength of the Pride, same turn token storm with Chandras One and Two, empty hands with Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage or Karn Liberated, gain infinite mana with Teferi, Temporal Archmage or Domri, Anarch of Bolas and if you really want to stick to the big, bad dragon then literally every single Bolas walker wins the game on the spot. Now that's a flashy superfriends pop off!
I hope you dig this path, I know the point was to do some Brudiclad shenanigans to go infinite but I'll be damned if this isn't a close second on the coolness scale!
3 months ago
- Its not bad to have extra red sources, Im just pointing out that its a spot to make cuts if you need to for budget reasons.
- Whispersilk Cloak is unneeded you have flying which is enough evasion to get past a lot of creatures, plus they are big so they eat blockers fast. The 2nd part gives it makes it so not even you can interact with the creature. It pretty much unneed being your pay offs already have regenerate, or hexproof, or a form of protection. It can also just be a 3 mana do nothing. You can do bigger and better things with that mana. ( samething basically with Veil of Secrecy ).
- Atarka's Command is a sweet card i use to play it in my competitive burn deck. You dont really need it. You are only ever really swinging with 1 or 2 creatures so the buff doesnt help, and dont need reach. The land drop isnt that amazing. Which means skull crack is probably a better card if you really want anti-life gain. Which also isnt really a probelm. If they just sit there and gain life you just cast more threats.
- Ulvenwald Tracker and Domri, Anarch of Bolas are simular cards. They both offer the same amount kind of removal, but dom ramps you and buffs your creatures. As well as protects against counterspells. His abilites also dont tie up mana.
- As for sideboarding: what enchantment ruins your deck. You already have 2 main board options why have 3 more? Sideboard cards offer a solution to a problem. I dont know what probelm you are trying to fix. What matchup do you need Heartless Hidetsugu for?