|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Jaya's Greeting deals 3 damage to target creature. Scry 1.
Jaya's Greeting Discussion
2 days ago
Draconalis, that's a good idea to try and get some scry on a stick. Something like Jaya's Greeting on Isochron Scepter could work well, while also providing a way to kill eggs or opposing creatures at the same time. I'll have to do some more in depth research to find something a little less clunky, but in the meantime good suggestion!
1 month ago
Izzet generally doesn't struggle against aggro. Especially right now. My advice is that if you want to give this deck flavor, you're looking at Arclight Phoenix , Crackling Drake , Erratic Cyclops , and Guttersnipe .
What I'm curious about is where your removal is. I suggest flipping into midrange. It's flexible and what Izzet does best. For your instants and sorceries I suggest 2x Lava Coil , 3x Jaya's Greeting , 3x Sinister Sabotage , 4x Opt , 2-3x Mission Briefing , and 2x Ral's Outburst over your current noncreature spells. Why aren't you playing at least one copy of Chemister's Insight ?
Your curve is too saturated to be an "aggro" deck, which is best defined by keeping your curve low to outpace your opponent through damage. What you should consider is changing into midrange, as it's more of what this deck is seeking to perform as.
My last note is that you are playing some bad cards. Dreadhorde Twins , Invading Manticore , Bone to Ash , Goblin Gathering , No Escape , Nahiri, Storm of Stone , Sleep Paralysis , and Slimebind . Cards (not already mentioned) that are bad in an aggro deck are Murmuring Mystic , Shivan Dragon (seriously not a good card), your whole counterspell suite, the Chandras, and Izzet Guildgate will slow you down behind your opponents.
3 months ago
Why use Jaya's Greeting instead of Lightning Strike? It’s more versatile and doesn’t limit you to just creatures.
4 months ago
A couple thoughts :) Hopefully some tickle your fancy, and fit your budget.
We probably should drill down to the important creatures, and really weigh which ones have the best impact / best efficiency and cut the others. We need to focus on the mana curve, too, to keep the deck running efficiently. And of course, that means control, too.
- Ilharg, the Raze-Boar is amazing, but due to it's high cost, is perfect at 2x copies. Every other creature on this list should really have good synergy with it.
- Dreadhorde Butcher , I believe, is going to wreck. It has a reasonable floor and an ultra high ceiling. With the haste, low CMC, and death trigger, it will always have value. I see 4x copies easily.
- Etali, Primal Storm is great, particularly when paired with the Raze-Boar. However, this should be the very tip top of your aggro curve, and probably should be at 1x copy.
- Grim Initiate is the beginning of your curve, and has good value for a one drop. Run 4x. The fact that it can replace itself and consistently keep the pressure is gold.
- Dreadmalkin is a kitty. Kitties are great, and so is this one. The sacrificing ability is great even in the late game. However, you'll have to sink a lot of mana into this. A possibly better replace is Diregraf Ghoul but ain't bad!
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin is a three drop, and you don't have any of those. He pairs excellently with the Raze-Boar, too!
- Massacre Girl might work soooo well here as a 1x copy. Not entirely sure, but it'll be hilariously fun lol
- Lava Coil , Bedevil , Cast Down , or Jaya's Greeting are incredibly efficient and will work a lot faster than Flames of the Raze-Boar . Specifically Bedevil, which is just an insane card.
- Costly Plunder or Tormenting Voice just cause card draw in an aggro deck is critical to not running out of gas.
- Angrath's Rampage is gonna be a staple sideboard card. Not always relevant, so I wouldn't run it MB
- Hilariously, Tibalt, Rakish Instigator might be able to find it's way here.
Anyway, just a few thoughts. Basically vomited a bunch of cards, so I apologize if they're not the best suggestions xP
4 months ago
WAR changes suggested
- changing Domri, Chaos Bringer to WAR Domri, Anarch of Bolas .
- changing ghalta to God-Eternal Bontu
- changing Shock to Jaya's Greeting
- changing Adventurous Impulse to ?? Arboreal Grazer , Bond of Flourishing , Nissa's Triumph , Leyline Prowler
4 months ago
VampiricJace I got to give you that Angrath's Rampage is a bit inconsistent, I will try Jaya's Greeting and see if it works well, I think the scry may be effective. Teyo, the Shieldmage so far gave me 3 instant scoop in mono-red matchup, but sadly this is all the info I have since I havn't seen any other red deck since those 3 matches, I will have to see if I prefer Teyo or Rampage in the side I guess.
Comittioner So far I havn't seen anyone play the Elderspell either in main or side (over the course of about a 100 matches on MTGA) and in the colors Black, White and Red, I don't see anything aside from Duress that can protect my threat. Also, Gideon Blackblade is effectively a creature that is harder to kill than usual (No destroy spells and sacrifice creature in sorcery speed). Aside from those 2 points, I don't see any creature currently in standard that fit the 3rd CMC spot that is a big enough threat and can avoid most spot removal like Gideon does, if you happen to have one in mind, please suggest it to me I will test it out.
Adding more creature instead of removal makes this deck more aggro, which in turns means Aristocrat will be better at doing the same job than this deck will be able. Unless I misunderstood and you ment adding a few more relevant threat in the decks instead of some removal to add more early game pressure? If that's the case, please suggest some to me. Can't seem to find any good threat that doesn't die to the tons of Spot removal and Board wipe in the format.
4 months ago
Angrath's Rampage always looks great, but in application it often can be a dead/useless card, particularly when your opponent is going wide. It's a better sideboard card, which could replace Teyo, the Shieldmage (I'm a huge fan of Teyo, just don't think he's the most effective here). Possibly replace the Rampage with Jaya's Greeting ?
No data for this card yet.