Choose a creature type. Destroy all creatures that are not the chosen type.
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||None|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Kindred Dominance occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Kindred Dominance Discussion
3 weeks ago
Always glad to see a new Sliver deck, so +1 right off the bat. I also like the rather unique direction your deck seems to be leaning toward, which correct me if i'm wrong - creature stealing. In your deck, it seems that Sliver Overlord's 2nd ability will be used quite often in conjunction with spells like Standardize. Very cool. However, I must strongly suggest that you flesh out your deck description. What are your notable wincons? Card combinations? What are all the themes in the deck? To assist you in creating a fleshed out deck description, I suggest reading Epochalyptik's Do you want to write a Primer?
As for actual thoughts toward the deck, I do have some questions/suggestions:
- Are you including Fist of Suns to combine it with Morophon? - if so, I suggest you cut Fist as it does nothing for your deck outside of that combination. Spending to get both pieces on the battlefield should be a game winning play (in my opinion) - but in this case, it'll net you a somewhat interesting turn where you can dump all creatures in your hand on the field along with your Commander. That's it. Maybe i'm missing something, but that to me isn't a very good use of your mana. I'd suggest replacing Fist with Kindred Summons, as it in essence does what I think you want the previously mentioned combo to do - but with more efficiency as it doesn't rely on Morophon to be on the field.
- Distant Melody would be a good inclusion as well, as your deck seems to be lacking draw options. The spell does increase in effectiveness depending on the number of Slivers on your board, but given your theme of making everything a Sliver and stealing it, I think you'd have little issue acquiring a big board of creatures - might as well capitalize on it. What to cut for it I leave up to you.
- Kindred Dominance - this will depend on your budget, but given the heavy focus on creature types in your deck, this just seems like a must include. What to cut for it I leave up to you, but i'd consider removing: Merciless Eviction, Supreme Verdict, or Creeping Corrosion to make room.
I look forward to seeing this deck develop overtime - Chitinous approval ensues
4 weeks ago
This deck seems awfully fair. Beating down is fun and all, but you typically still want a plan to end the game, whether that's a handful of haymakers like True Conviction and Coat of Arms , or an "oops, I win" combo to end an hour-and-a-half game board stall.
1 month ago
I had a game of commander the other day with a few friends and would like to receive clarification on something they did which I thought they couldn't do. Here's what happened:
(Player X = PX)
- P1 cast Kindred Dominance choosing Faeries.
- P2 (me) cast Memory Lapse targeting P1's Kindred Dominance.
- P3 cast Sudden Substitution exchanging control of one of their irrelevant creatures for my Memory Lapse.
- Sudden Substitution resolves.
- P3 "fails to find a target" for Memory Lapse and lets it fizzle.
- Kindred Dominance resolves wiping the board except for P1's creatures.
So here's the question: Was it possible or legal to do what P3 did? I told him that he needed to target Kindred Dominance with Memory Lapse because he must choose a target and Kindred Dominance was the only spell under Memory Lapse on the stack (and the only other spell on the stack in general). P3 and P1 tried to counter this argument by example of "failing to find a specific card" when searching your library with a tutor, fetch land, or the like. After a few minutes I just let them do what they wanted because it was a 2v1 argument and they weren't letting up. P4 stayed out of it.
1 month ago
Further sins for the counter:
“What are you commanding the tower to do?” Command Tower
“Power creep!” Prismatic Vista
“Taxes.” Smothering Tithe
Arcane Sanctum : Tullius hates fake news!
Godless Shrine : The IRS?
Hallowed Fountain : The NSA?
Sandsteppe Citadel : Thank you, captain obvious.
Blur Sliver : I don’t know what group of people I’m making fun of here, but definitely one of them!
Horned Sliver : Shouldn’t the slivers be breaking off of the timbers?
Smothering Tithe : Organized religion!
Sliver Hivelord : Donald Trump!
Assassin's Trophy : Impeachment!
Kindred Dominance : The 2020 presidential election.
Bonescythe Sliver : How fast is a bow?? I get that they have range, but “fast” seems like a misnomer.
Sliver Legion : A fair and balanced card.
1 month ago
I'm not sure how I feel about Xenograft and Conspiracy . I think Arcane Adaptation slips in because it's cheap. But 5 is quite a bit. Maybe it's still worth it given how powerful having Yuriko's effect on everything is? Cunning Evasion doesn't seem great. I think I'd just prefer a powerful bounce effect to dodge removal.
Siren Stormtamer seems like one of the better evasive one drops. I've always thought Thalakos Seer was a cute ninja synergy card. Kindred Dominance as a sweeper? I generally think Bident of Thassa is better than Coastal Piracy, but the artifact-ness is a factor. Dowsing Dagger Flip is pretty powerful ramp in this.
1 month ago
I'd consider another 1-3 pieces of wrath protection since it tends to be Edgar's biggest weakness.
are some excellent choices.
Make a Stand
are a little less powerful but they'll do the job too if you're on a budget. You could also use
, if they're in your budget.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and have fun!
2 months ago
I would include a little more as far as ramp/mana rocks go.
I would look into the big splashy tribal cards from commander 2017. Kindred Discovery is expensive but it offers up insane card advantage. Kindred Dominance is a one-sided wipe, and Kindred Charge gives you twice as much sliver per sliver!
And while enchantments are easy to remove, I find that Kindred Boon goes a long way.
As far as cuts, I would look at slivers that aren't amazing. Virulent Sliver is probably the first that I would cut. If you don't outright kill people the turn it drops then it will just get killed and the poison counters won't matter (unless of course, somebody else in your group runs a poison deck). Maybe Clot Sliver and Talon Sliver as well, I'm not really sure what else above those however, I guess it depends on what effects you want redundancy on.
+1 from me, I love tribal decks.
2 months ago
Cool deck! These might interest you: Life's Finale , Debtors' Knell , Kindred Dominance , Angel of Despair , Magister of Worth , Colfenor's Urn , Magewright's Stone , Sunforger , Black Market , Thornbite Staff , Illusionist's Bracers , Heartless Summoning , Bishop of Wings , Platinum Angel , Requiem Angel