Scourge of the Throne
Creature — Dragon
Dethrone (Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most life or tied for most life, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
Whenever Scourge of the Throne attacks for the first time each turn, if it's attacking the player with the most life or tied for most life, untap all attacking creatures. After this phase, there is an additional combat phase.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Scourge of the Throne occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Scourge of the Throne Discussion
1 week ago
Some Suggestions: Goblin Guide , Inferno Titan , Port Razer , Scourge of the Throne , Winter Orb , Jeska's Will , Fiery Emancipation , Homeward Path , Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle , Strip Mine , Ancient Tomb , Treasonous Ogre , Command Beacon
1 week ago
Some suggestions Include: Goblin Guide , Hellkite Charger , Hellkite Tyrant , Scourge of the Throne , Urabrask the Hidden , Winter Orb , Aggravated Assault , Fiery Emancipation , Hall of the Bandit Lord , Ancient Tomb , Homeward Path and Strip Mine
1 week ago
Some cards that might work with the deck Helm of the Host , Strionic Resonator , Winter Orb , Fiery Emancipation , Goblin Guide , Scourge of the Throne , Inferno Titan and Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon
1 week ago
Some cards that might help with the deck are Goblin Guide , Scourge of the Throne , Helm of the Host , Strionic Resonator , Winter Orb , Aggravated Assault , Fiery Emancipation and Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon
3 weeks ago
E-Witness is gold. Regrowth is also pretty nice. Swan Song kind of sucks in the fact that it gives them a token that can actually block your big flying lizards. A much better card to run would be Silumgar's Scorn which will basically be Counterspell in your deck, or you could just run Counterspell as well. Icon of Ancestry, Tooth and Nail, and Worldly Tutor are all really strong.
For tutoring/filtering Winding Way is also pretty good, especially if you can find a way to cast it multiple times. That brings me to a pretty fun combo with it and other yard fillers:
As for tribal support/buffs I found these to be the best for dragons:
- Might of the Nephilim can smoke someone if played on your commander
- Mana Echoes can ramp you pretty fast if you are running lower curve dragons especially with Ur's ability
- Mudslide can win you a game flat out if you aren't fighting an opposing flier deck
- Shared Animosity gets out of control pretty fast especially if you have a way of making dragon tokens and comboing with Kindred Charge and Scourge of the Throne for additional combat steps
- Shared Triumph and Favorable Winds are much cheaper CMC anthems and Rally of Wings is a really fun combat trick
- Cover of Darkness cangive all your dragons fear for 2 (I rarely run this since they have flying anyways...)
- Lurking Predators and Descendants' Path are just extreme value
- Kindred Discovery can help you filter through your deck faster
- Kindred Summons will net you a game-ending amount of dragons directly onto the field by the time you have 7 mana to spare on an instant
- Kindred Dominance is basically like having another copy of Crux of Fate and Seismic Rupture can keep the field clear of weenies while not harming your dragons at all
- Rishkar's Expertise doubles as a deck filter and a put onto battlefield card
1 month ago
As for your point about Moraug, Fury of Akoum and World at War being the "only two" cards that untap at a time other than "immediately" when combat is created, this is not technically accurate. Moraug states "At the beginning of that combat, untap all creatures you control." and WaW states "At the beginning of that combat, untap all creatures that attacked this turn."
If you mean for cards that untap your creatures BEFORE combat is reinitiated, then Combat Celebrant is an example. Your creatures untap before the second Combat phase begins. They untap when Combat Celebrant Exerts for the first time each turn. Fury of the Horde also untaps before combat is reinitiated.
Perhaps I am misreading or misunderstanding your post. Merely wanted to give my thoughts on how I am seeing it.
Hope I didn't come off rude. I can be stern and mono-toned very often. Just how I speak / type.
2 months ago
You got to take advantage of what boros gives you to be aggressive. The biggest thing boros gives you that no other color pairing gives you is extra combats. Take advantage of that with cards like Combat Celebrant, Aurelia, the Warleader, World at War, Scourge of the Throne, Seize the Day, Savage Beating, Relentless Assault, Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Waves of Aggression, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury Hellkite Charger, Aggravated Assault, Fury of the Horde and Port Razer. Along with that you need to speed up the damage output. Boros gives you damage doublers, with cards like Fiendish Duo, Goblin Goliath, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Insult, Furnace of Rath, Gratuitous Violence, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Curse of Bloodletting, Bitter Feud, Angrath's Marauders, Overblaze, Inquisitor's Flail, and Fiery Emancipation.
Also consider other things boros gives you that will speed up damage like double strike. Boros gives you haste, trample, and evasion. You need to consider all of those. All while staying low on curve and fast in ramp. If you do this you'll have a good aggro deck.
3 months ago
So many of my favorites got listed already.
Scourge of the Throne is another one.