|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Common|
|2012 Core Set||Common|
|2011 Core Set||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer||Common|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to play Fling, sacrifice a creature.
Fling deals damage equal to the sacrificed creature's power to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||TheAlmostHero , Falte , maR2307 , voidruby , Grantley91 , sonnet666 , tlhunter07 , SirFabius , Ashy , Kravian , PTsmitty , Mousemke , timmyb|
1 day ago
Built to Smash helps, trample is a must to get past those small creatures. Fling helps a lot too.Bloodlust Inciter is good for giving stuff haste so then you can just swing alternate creatures right off the bat. Aethersphere Harvester isnt bad for gaining life and just having something in the air, the low crew cost means even a 1 drop can get them
1 day ago
Don't cat me wrong, but I'd like this deck better with cat puns.
When you play Westvale Abbey, call it Westvale Tabby
After a big attack, ask your opponent if they're feline ok.
I wish Fling was in the deck so you could Cat-apult your creatures at your opponent. It's definitely correct not to play it I just wanted to make that joke.
A somewhat real suggestion- CATaclysmic Gearhulk you have the eternalize and embalm cats, so sacrificing them might not be too bad. Maybe a sideboard option against go-wide strategies like Zombies? Just for the pun?
If someone asks you what arch-CAT-type you're playing... OK I should stop now.
2 days ago
The short story:
- Frankly, I put the deck back on the shelf after the Marvel ban.
- Yes, I will definitely try a Pummeler deck again in HOU.
- There's a ton of flexibility with both the Creature slots and the pump effects.
- Pummeler itself is, by far, the weakest link.
The long story:
- This deck had serious game against Marvel ... I was personally 5-2 (71%) in matches against it. But with Marvel out of the picture now, there's room in the meta for BG Constrictor and Mardu Vehicles, and that's a REALLY bad thing. Facing Walking Ballista is TERRIBLE (because it's an almost perfect Pummeler-killer) and the deck often struggles against Glorybringer and other Flyers (because it has no inherent Flyers nor creatures with Reach).
- As I type this, the vast majority of the meta is a bad match-up or worse: 22% BG Constrictor (4x Ballista), 11% Mardu Vehicles (4x Glorybringer plus 2-4 other Flyers and 0-2x Ballista), 10% Mono-B Zombies (actually a decent match-up), 10% Temur Energy (4x Glorybringer and a bunch of Thopter Tokens), 8% RG Aggro (including the occasional Pummeler deck, but mostly 4x Glorybringer plus 0-4 other Flyers), and 5% UW Flyers (12-14 Flyers). Ugh.
- On cards that could be replaced: IMO, the deck needs 4x Electrostatic Pummeler, 4x Servant of the Conduit, 4x Attune with Aether, 4x Blossoming Defense, 3-4x Harnessed Lightning and 20-22 Lands (depending on your curve) to function. But there's a ton of flexibility on the other Creature slots and the Pump/Trample/Big Damage effects. For example, this deck's got 4x Invigorated Rampage and 2x Rhonas the Indomitable for Pump and Trample effects, and 2x Fling for Big Damage. But during KLD Standard, I ran 3x Larger Than Life, 3x Brute Strength and 2x Arlinn Kord/sometimes 2x Nature's Way for the pump and Trample, and 2x Uncaged Fury for Big Damage.
Hope this helps!
3 days ago
Thromok the Insatiable is an excellent commander, especially when paired with large numbers of obscure and otherwise average cards for token gerneration. He responds well to equipment like Mage Slayer and especially eveyone's favourite Fling for game. He does especially well in multiplayer.
3 days ago
besides, youre supposed to Fling Marit Lage anyway.
3 days ago
With Metalwork Colossus having the ability to come back to your hand at any point, I would sub out 2 for Combustible Gearhulk. Its a great late game body that can burn or fill your hand, and more importantly, you can Fling it!
3 days ago
Hazoret's Favor , Fling , Altar's Reap, Bontu the Glorified, Heart-Piercer Manticore , Kari Zev's Expertise , Supernatural Stamina , Wrangle, Bone Splinters , Eliminate the Competition , Indulgent Aristocrat and vampires, like Voldaren Pariah , Morbid Curiosity, Start / Finish. These are an example, of cards, that interact really good with