Gain for each tapped land your opponents control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Mana Geyser Discussion
2 weeks ago
Heyo! this deck is very similar to my budget version of Rionya, imo, cutting Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip for a few of those cards you mentioned for better bursts of mana such as Desperate Ritual and Mana Geyser may be better for your budget, with bigger immediate pay-offs. I think Birgi is a great card for upgrading into later, but for a budget brew, its a bit pricy without getting you as much value as say, a Mana Geyser
1 month ago
1 month ago
crazy idea but hear me out. So Gisela doubles all damage to your opponents but halves it for you. why not instead go the route of ping everything all the time. cards like Sulfuric Vortex , Pyrohemia , Roiling Vortex , Rampaging Ferocidon , Tectonic Giant gives you draw or damage, Court of Ire to name a few really start to add up with gisela. also dont forget Mana Geyser for some huge ramp on some turns, that cards never let me down. just look up some group slug decklists for more ideas on this subject
1 month ago
Nice to see more Locust Gods there! :D
Love to see other people ideas on this peculiar commander.nI also play him since Hour of Devastation, very fun and powerful! (Here's my deck: "FOCUS THE LOCUST", hope it help you!).
Things I recommend you, drawn from my own experience:
Jeska's Will will give you explosive turns pretty fast, specially if you have the Locust God in play.
Mana Geyser usually wins games indirectly, it wil give you enough mana to play enough cards to draw lots of cards, do an explosive big spell, or jsut assemble a combo.
Underworld Breach , Past in Flames and Finale of Promise (also Mizzix's Mastery , I don't personally play it but can also do the job) those spells will abuse of all the sorceries and instants you put in your graveyard through dicard / wheel / play to do very destructive plays.
Goblin Bombardment is a key card in this deck: It will help you to use your Locusts to shoot at key enemy creatures, to burn players protected by cards like Ghostly Prison , Propaganda or just repetitive fogs ( Spore Frog , Constant Mists , or it just can save your Locust God from being mind controlled, or disabled by some kind of enchantment. It can also be used as a punishment to enemy boardwipes, sacrificing all your board to do damage before the mass removal.
Trinket Mage may look out of place but it will tutor you for key cards like Skullclamp, Sol ring, etc.
1 month ago
Uncage the Menagerie (x=3, probably)
(could run some number of rituals to "combo out" faster, allow things like Jokulhaups + Combo Piece more quickly.)
Any good, cheap enchantments
Lapse of Certainty (banger)
1 month ago
You may be able to get to your big plays faster with Runaway Steam-Kin and Soulbright Flamekin , which are sort of rituals on a stick that you can get out early, but you might also consider running one or more of the rituals since you really need to make that one big play turn to start to dominate. Seething Song , Pyretic Ritual would work for this deck. Mana Geyser can also work in situations when you're falling behind at a larger table, though in three player games it can be tough to get big value.
2 months ago
Hey, you're welcome. Cutting cards to make the required amount is one of the difficult parts of deck building, but it can also be a really good learning experience doing it. Your English is better than most Republicans in America.
The cards I suggested to cut are just not as good as other cards that you already have. Sometimes redundancy, which means playing the same effects with many cards, is what you need to cut to get to 100 cards. Another thing you can do for cuts is reduce the number of high CMC cards to ones that are more impactful. I made a mistake in the cards I suggested to cut. Keep Traitorous Blood , cut Mind Control , for the reason that you already said since it's a sorcery you can copy, but can't copy Mind Control.
You've done well with limiting the amount of five CMC cards or higher to the better ones with your Commander. This limit keeps the mana curve low, which in turn will help gameplay since you will not have many cards stuck in your hand which you can't cast. You want the higher CMC cards you cast to give you something good for the mana they cost. Getting value right away when you cast these cards is preferred, but is not always needed. What is needed is that they produce value that's worth their mana cost on your next turn or during your opponents turns until your next turn. With Veyran the more spells you can cast on your turn the better because of magecraft.
Niv-Mizzet, Parun , Docent of Perfection Flip, Thousand-Year Storm and Mana Geyser (only if you include Reiterate ) are the best five and six CMC cards here and you would rather draw them then any of the others. Brass's Bounty , Siren of the Fanged Coast and Sphinx-Bone Wand don't come close to being as good as the others.
2 months ago
Hey, well done on a budget for your first Commander deck. I'm having fun with Veyran with Kalamax, the Stormsire .
You have 111 cards which is too many. Cards to consider cutting to get to 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God : you don't have any land ramp, only relying on land drops to get five or more lands. This land will not be able to tap for mana until turn five or six at the earliest which is really bad.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand : it's too slow for the for payoff even with Veyran. It's seven mana and you then have to cast an instant or sorcery to put a counter on it.
- Siren of the Fanged Coast : five mana 4/4 flier is what this will be every time you cast it which is subpar.
- Brass's Bounty : not worth seven mana for treasures since you don't want to ramp into it. Need at least six lands in your control to make paying seven mana worth six treasures.
- Curator's Ward : you have better hexproof protection (Greaves/Boots) for Veyran.
- Selective Snare : narrow sorcery speed removal since only works on one creature type.
- Violent Impact
- Traitorous Blood
- Darksteel Ingot
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reiterate : combos with Mana Geyser to make infinite red mana as long as opponents have seven or more tapped lands. Buyback is nice when you want to be casting instants since it lets you after resolving it put it back into your hand to cast again. Mana enablers Storm-Kiln Artist and Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip are excellent with buyback.
Buyback is the reason that Reiterate can be a infinite combo with Geyser. After copying Geyser with Reiterate you resolve the copy of Geyser first and then resolve the original Reiterate which puts it back into your hand. While the original Geyser is still on the stack cast Reiterate again to copy the original Geyser and repeat. Can make infinite storm count for
, infinite cast of instant for
Ral, Storm Conduit
or infinite mana for
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
as win conditions.
- Solve the Equation : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Frantic Search : goes well with High Tide since it can untap lands. Being able to cast an instant to draw and then untap lands lets you potentially cast another instant that you may of drawn to get more out of Veyran and magecraft.
- Brainstorm : staple blue draw spell, instant draw three for one mana.
- Increasing Vengeance : copy your own instant or sorcery. Has flashback which lets you cast it again from your graveyard and if you do copy your own instant or sorcery twice.
- Preordain : Scry 2 before you draw is nice. One mana spell that's a good target to copy.
- Wizard's Retort : Veyran is a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Grixis Panorama
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.