All creatures have haste.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Concordant Crossroads occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Concordant Crossroads Discussion
3 weeks ago
Thankfully I have all the cards I mentioned just not sure if I want to play them. Concordant Crossroads was a staple in my Ezuri, Renegade Leader deck but, with Lathril I am not sure giving EVERY CREATURE haste is something this deck can really take advantage of. I think I am going to try Fauna Shaman as she will help pull out big mana dorks quick, plus she synergizes with the rest of the elf theme.
I never thought about putting in Chord of Calling over Green Sun's Zenith but, with the amount of tokens our decks are producing you could in theory create an instant speed creature tutor that can pull both black and green creatures. Just cast it before your opponents end step with your untapped creatures or do it on your turn if Throne of the God-Pharaoh is out, spicy. Another really good tutor I have thought about running is, Finale of Devastation but, I feel to get the biggest bang for the buck I need to have a Craterhoof Behemoth in the deck which sandly is something I don't own.
I have been going back and forth with Champion of Lambholt as she will get really big really quick but, not really digging the fact she is not an elf. I might still try her and see how it works. As for Abrupt Decay I love the card but don't own it. Maybe I will have to pick up one.
3 weeks ago
FounderX OMG you just made my day with the "Pricy but spicy" comment. I am totally using that going forward. =)
Glad to see you have already looked at some of those recommendations. I play in a competive meta so in my version of Lathril, Elfball! copy, I needed to add more instant speed targeted removal so I added Assassin's Trophy , Golgari Charm , Nature's Claim , and Beast Within , which you are already running. I found this really helped and saved my butt several times when your opponent has death on board. I have to admit Golgari Charm has been a really strong upgrade mainly for the regenerate ability, but the other two modes are still really strong. I was able to decimate a Krenko, Mob Boss deck thanks to the -1/-1 mode.
Two other cards that have worked extremely well in my deck has been Cover of Darkness and Genesis Wave . Most games Cover of Darkness will make all your creatures unblockable to one or more players which can quickly end games.
For Genesis Wave we are already making silly amounts of mana with our mana dorks so most games I am casting Genesis Wave for 15+ which means 5 to 8 elves along with a hand full of lands/enchantments/artifacts. The only problem I have with Genesis Wave is the deck's lack of haste because, as soon as I cast it I instantly become the prime target for all the other players. However, if I manage to untap with all the perments that Genesis Wave puts in play I typically win the following turn. High risk / high reward right?
A few cards I have thought about trying are, Green Sun's Zenith , Concordant Crossroads , Song of the Dryads , Fauna Shaman , and Seeker of Skybreak . Fun fact, if you give Song of the Dryads to your opponent and have Elvish Champion out all of your elves become unblockable to that player. What are your thoughts on these cards?
1 month ago
Nice to see another Multani list! I see we run quite similar builds. However, I also noticed you omitted some cards I really value in my deck. Here are some for your consideration:
- Miren, the Moaning Well : Get a bunch of life when you really need it
- Temple of the False God & Castle Garenbrig : both these lands get your commander out a turn earlier
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx : another land that can ramp you
- The Great Henge & Inscription of Abundance : awesome power matters cards
- Myojin of Life's Web : another great way to empty your hand after a big draw spell
- Psychosis Crawler : alternative wincon
- Pathbreaker Ibex : another overwhelming stampede effect
- Crashing Drawbridge & Concordant Crossroads : additional haste enablers
Hope there are some cards there that fit your vision for the deck.
GL & HF!
1 month ago
The Greaves will certainly find their way in (some are already in the mail)..
1 month ago
Thought of two more as well:
Emerald Medallion > Into the North : You want to dump your hand of cheap cards quickly, so medallion will get you the most bang for your buck on anything with colorless mana. Alternatively you could replace Coldsteel Heart here.
Finally finally, you might consider Concordant Crossroads if you can afford it. It'll make it much easier to rebuild your board if it gets wiped or dealt with, or allow you to save up for a big turn when shields are down. I'd put it in for Tawnos's Wand .
1 month ago
No Concordant Crossroads ? These might interest you too: Sword of the Paruns , Blasting Station , Stone-Seeder Hierophant , Rings of Brighthearth , Cryptic Caves , Dust Bowl , Rath's Edge , War Room , Crawling Barrens , Mana Reflection , Heartwood Giant , Temur Sabertooth , Altar of Dementia , Altar of the Brood , Sol Ring
2 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
2 months ago
How does the Phyrexian Dreadnought work with selvala? Tap Selvala for 12 as soon as it hits the battlefield en then sacrifice it? And the infinite combo you found, is it Temur Sabertooth + Concordant Crossroads + Selvala, Heart of the Wilds and a creature with power 6 or greater? And my goal is to play the big creatures as soon as possible. And I am not familiar with the term “to storm off”. What do you mean by that? Thank you very much for the suggestion!