Atarka, World Render
Legendary Creature — Dragon
Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, it gains double strike until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Atarka, World Render Discussion
1 day ago
Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like it's a crime to not run the Fate Reforged dragons at least. Dromoka, the Eternal and Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury hit almost as hard as Atarka, World Render , and Idk, I just love the "whenever a dragon you control attacks" clause because most of those effects slot so well into dragon tribal.
3 weeks ago
Given that your strategy revolves around additional combat steps, dragons and ramp, it would be remiss of me to not mention Hellkite Charger , who requires only a single mana more with Savage Ventmaw to combo off. Thus, if you have 5 open mana and these two on the field, that is 6 combat steps (1st initial + 5 extra)
1 month ago
I just cheated out 11 Elder Dragons on Turn 6. I had more creatures in play, but only 11 were Elders. I also had three more Elders in my hand I could have cast but that's no fun. They all had haste thanks to Fervor , Temur Ascendancy and Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded . Damage was doubled and tripled thanks to Angrath's Marauders and Fiery Emancipation . +1/+1 counters thanks to Rhythm of the Wild . They had lifelink thanks to True Conviction , which also gave them double strike in addition to Atarka, World Render . Mana was doubled with Doubling Cube and I had both Mirari's Wake and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger in play. I also had Tawnos, Urza's Apprentice and Rings of Brighthearth , which if these were not bad enough I can use Rings to not only copy Golos' ability, but Tawnos' as well.
Needless to say, I think I won.
2 months ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards in the maybeboard that are worth adding:
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Apprentice Necromancer
- In Garruk's Wake
- Tainted Wood
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted
- Smothering Abomination
- Acidic Slime
Some budget cards, $1-$2, most are less than $1, at TCGPlayer to consider adding:
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame : the two Elementals she creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold. Repeatable two Elemental creatures has interaction with Priest of Forgotten Gods and Whisper, Blood Liturgist to activate them on your turn each turn.
- Awakening Zone : Eldrazi Spawn tokens have nice interaction with Korvold since they self-sac to make 1 colorless mana.
- Arasta of the Endless Web : repeatable Spider tokens whenever an opponent casts an instant/sorcery thus can be lots of value in multiplayer Commander. It can even create infinite Spider tokens if an opponent combos by infinite casting.
- Atarka, World Render : creature to reanimate. Korvold is a Dragon and giving him double strike in combination with flying and huge power from counters can outright kill an opponent with Commander damage.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : can sac itself.
- Caustic Caterpillar : can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : can sac itself.
- Reassembling Skeleton : can reanimate itself.
- Bloodsoaked Champion : can reanimate itself.
- Village Rites
- Jarad's Orders : tutor for two creatures, one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Good reanimation enabler or get Reassembling/Champion.
- Poison-Tip Archer : trigger when any other creature dies including opponent's creatures making it good in multiplayer Commander.
More ramp is good with Korvold because it can help to cast him faster and then it can be sac fodder to trigger him.
- Sol Ring : the most expensive price card I will suggest, but it's a staple of Commander.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone : can sac itself.
- Commander's Sphere : can sac itself.
- Springbloom Druid
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes
- Cinder Glade
- Smoldering Marsh
- Jund Panorama
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Ghost Quarter
- Ash Barrens
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Dragonspeaker Shaman is not Modern Legal. You can change the format to casual if this is just for kitchen table and not for FNM or other events. It looks pretty good. If you are looking for other cards to add, here are some of my favorites:
Atarka, World Render (a bomb if you're willing to splash for the extra color)
3 months ago
I say this in every post about aggressive decks (and budget decks, but for other reasons) in EDH, but Xenagos, God of Revels is great. It allows you to dodge the normal problem that aggro has of over extending into board wipes by allowing you to play a single other creature and turn it into a fast clock.
My personal favorite plays in my Xenagos deck include turn 3 Atarka, World Render for 24 flying trample. And 8 damage turn 5 into 32 damage turn 6 off of Heroes' Bane. I was threatening 112 damage turn 7, but the bane was wisely removed.
4 months ago
I would say Lord of the Unreal would be an auto include even though it is double blue. Also Depala, Pilot Exemplar and Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign could be very good. A lot of the small tribes have very powerful payoffs. Here are some more.Midnight Entourage, Wirewood Savage, The dragons of tarkir series, including Atarka, World Render and Silumgar, the Drifting Death, Risen Reef, Seshiro the Anointed, and many, many more.