Creature — Dragon
When Foe-Razer Regent enters the battlefield, you may have it fight target creature you don't control.
Whenever a creature you control fights, put two +1/+1 counters on it at the beginning of the next end step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||johnsongrantr , jhTheMan99 , ironax , TheBl0b , DudeMan1031 , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01 , Swamy , MattN7498 , golgarigirl , DrPopular , Wolfninja , Nemesis , Riders_of_Brohan , Snydog17 , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , CampbellStev|
Foe-Razer Regent Discussion
1 month ago
Ok ok so, i have a commander deck with Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund as the commander. The deck itself has functioned pretty well up until recently, i have been getting completely rekt early game. Do keep in mind i have not been playing long and do not have a great understanding of cards or of a good build, in fact this is the first deck i have ever built. All i really need help with is early game because dinos have been destroying me as of late. The deck is built as follows:i have no clue what im doing dragons
1 month ago
Hey there! Cool Dragon deck you have here! I have some comments for you:
- First of all, your mana base looks a little low on lands. I would recommend going up to around 24 lands or so. Also, if you have the money, I would recommend investing in some dual-lands that enter the battlefield untapped sometimes, like Rootbound Crag, Cinder Glade, or Karplusan Forest. This isn't necessary by any means, though, so feel free to just add a couple basics and move on with your life :)
- As I mentioned earlier, I would recommend cutting most of your 1-ofs. I would recommend picking 1-3 really powerful dragons, and running 2-3 copies of each, rather than 1-2 copies of 9 different dragons. Here are the ones I would cut: Archwing Dragon, Destructor Dragon, Harbinger of the Hunt, Hunted Dragon, Lightning Shrieker, and Siege Dragon.
- I would instead run 2 Atarka, World Render, 3 Foe-Razer Regent, and 3 Savage Ventmaw.
- Thunderbreak Regent is an amazing card here. 4 mana for a 4/4 flying dragon with upside is fantastic.
- Elvish Mystic is probably better ramp than Voyaging Satyr, so I would replace the 4 Satyrs with 3 Mystics. If you really want the access to red mana, and you decide to go with Cinder Glades as your additional nonbasics, Arbor Elf is also an option (Cinder Glade is technically a Forest).
- Overgrowth is also probably better than Greenweaver Druid, because the Druid is so fragile. A 1/1 will die to any removal spell, while an enchantment will just sit around on your land making you mana.
- While this may not be easy to understand, Crucible of Fire doesn't really do much. If you have three or four dragons being pumped by it, you're probably winning already. This is what we call a "win-more" card, and you can read more about why they're not great for your deck here if you'd like.
- Dragon Tempest, on the other hand, is really good here. It should be your primary source of removal, so I'd replace the three Bathe in Dragonfires with Dragon Tempests, flavorful though they may be.
- Guild Feud and Ulvenwald Tracker also don't do a lot. Sure, the Tracker is good removal, but you have better removal. Guild Feud lets you get dragons out, but you can already get dragons out for 6 mana. I'd cut both of them.
If you make all of these changes, your deck might look a little something like this: Sarkhan's Dragons 2.0. I'll be sure to leave it up for at least a couple weeks if you'd like.
I'm a huge fan of green/red ramp-style decks, so it's always fun for me to see a new Dragon player out there :)
In any case, good luck!
1 month ago
Hey looking for some feed back on this deck, it's a budget deck and relatively fun to play but what are some good cards to add as I don't have a side board yet.
1 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker (Planeswalker, Mythic Rare)1 Atarka, World Render (Rare)1 Archwing Dragon (Rare)1 Crucible of Fire (Rare)1 Dragon Tempest (Rare)1 Foe-Razer Regent (Rare)3 Frontier Siege (Rare)1 Guild Feud (Rare)1 Ulvenwald Tracker (Rare)2 Setessan Tactics (Rare)1 Hunted Dragon (Rare)1 Siege Dragon (Rare)1 Harbinger of the Hunt (Rare)
2 months ago
So... I just built this deck for my best friend, and I have a lot to say if you are willing to listen.
The first thing I want to say, don't play The Ur-Dragon as your commander. I get why you did but less on your dragons isn't worth, having to pay 9 CMC for your commander. With Sion as your commander you get to play it turn 5, and put the Ur-Dragon on the table the next turn for , then you just reanimate it with Teneb, the Harvester or any reanimation tool.
Cards to take out:
- Boneyard Scourge: it's just not that good, I'd rather run Reanimate or Dread Return in its place to bring back a dragon that does something and isn't just a body.
- Foe-Razer Regent: It isn't all that great, because for less you could be playing Frontier Siege which gives all your dragons the Foe-Razer ETB and is versatile enough that you can play it early for ramp.
- Glorybringer: It's a weaker version of Balefire Dragon honestly. It's just not worth.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Creatures are the easiest type of permanent to kill, so I'd suggest just running Exploration or Burgeoning both are enchantments, which are the hardest permanent type to deal with.
- Ramos, Dragon Engine: When you play dragons you are under constant bombardment of Wraths because your creatures hit hard and do so much. Ramos will never make it to 5 +1/+1 counters which means he's just a flying body. He needs to be in a deck based around him or using +1/+1 counters.
- Rattleclaw Mystic: just is a lackluster Sylvan Caryatid, he dies so much easier and isn't half the blocker caryatid is.
- Scalelord Reckoner: Karmic Justice is just a better reckoner because it's ALL your permanents not just dragons, AND it's an enchantment which makes it, again, harder to kill.
- Territorial Hellkite: Its too RNG based it's not always gonna do what you want it to do; there are just better dragons to take this slot.
- Dragon Tempest: So you already have Temur Ascendancy which is better than the haste on this card, and Warstorm Surge does more damage per dragon. Ultimately this card relies on you keeping a huge board state which just isn't a reality when you sit down at the table with this deck.
- Call to the Kindred: just run Descendants' Path, it's 100% better. You can't just kill the creature that it's attached to to get rid of it..
If you want some good ideas for the deck just come look at the deck I built for my friend. Its super competitive and honestly has been a threat to our play group.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 8 COMMENTS | 347 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
2 months ago
Cascading Cataracts / Crystal Quarry / Sylvan Ranger / Rampant Growth / Bloom Tender / Birds of Paradise / Sylvan Caryatid / Utopia Tree / Reflecting Pool / Oblivion Ring / Gruul Signet / Golgari Signet / Simic Signet / Selesnya Signet / Bringer of the Red Dawn / Bringer of the Blue Dawn / Bringer of the Black Dawn / Unclaimed Territory / Cavern of Souls / Keiga, the Tide Star / Breath of Darigaaz / Nissa's Pilgrimage / Explosive Vegetation / Molten Disaster / Subterranean Tremors / Ash Barrens / Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse / Sudden Demise / Fault Line / Beast Within / Dragonlord Dromoka / Sylvan Reclamation / Wear / Tear / Grand Coliseum / City of Brass / Mana Confluence / Fellwar Stone / Solemn Simulacrum / Farhaven Elf / Wood Elves / Heartless Summoning / Urza's Incubator / Sensei's Divining Top / Cyclonic Rift / Reclamation Sage / Urban Evolution / Nature's Lore / Eternal Witness / Skyshroud Claim / Chaos Warp / Manglehorn / Vizier of the Menagerie / Relic of Progenitus / Chromatic Sphere / Chromatic Star / Terrarion / Llanowar Wastes / Shivan Reef / Yavimaya Coast / Karplusan Forest / Sulfurous Springs / Battlefield Forge / Brushland / Caves of Koilos / Night's Whisper / Reanimate / Anguished Unmaking / Swords to Plowshares / Path to Exile / Flame Slash / Vindicate / Sarkhan's Triumph / Preordain / Ponder / Brainstorm / Anticipate / Weathered Wayfarer / Safewright Quest / Temple Garden / Breeding Pool / Overgrown Tomb / Stomping Ground / Mirari's Wake / Nature's Claim / Fatal Push / Thunder Dragon / Scourge of Kher Ridges / Skyline Despot / Siege Dragon / Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund / Foe-Razer Regent / Eternal Dragon / Dragonlord Atarka / Balefire Dragon / Vorosh, the Hunter / Swift Warkite / Scourge of the Throne / Runehorn Hellkite / Rith, the Awakener / Prossh, Skyraider of Kher / Numot, the Devastator / Noxious Dragon / Mordant Dragon / Harmonize / Ancient Craving / Ambition's Cost / Dragonlord Silumgar / Dragonlord Kolaghan / Destructor Dragon / Darigaaz, the Igniter / Surrak Dragonclaw / Stormbreath Dragon / Sarkhan Unbroken / Necromaster Dragon / Icefall Regent / Hunted Dragon / Glorybringer / Fearsome Awakening / Dragonlord Ojutai / Boltwing Marauder / Thunderbreak Regent / Territorial Hellkite / Skyship Stalker / Dragonloft Idol / Dragon Throne of Tarkir / Dragonsoul Knight / Dragonmaster Outcast / Slumbering Dragon / Omen / Serum Visions / Read the Bones
3 months ago
I'd say you're heavy on the creature side so here's 5 that in my opinion are on the weaker side (I made cut suggestions for the ramp cards, this will be to make way for the suggested removal spells): Engulfing Slagwurm (expensive and off theme! seems like it's just in here as a 'good stuff' card), Foe-Razer Regent (expensive and I don't think you have enough fight mechanic cards in here to properly take advantage of this guy), Hellkite Hatchling (just not very good - apart from Dragon Broodmother tokens, what would you devour?), Slumbering Dragon (too slow! without +1 counter generation, waiting around to activate this guy would be painful) & Stormwing Dragon (just not a good dragon, the megamorph surprise is kind of funny but waaay too expensive for what it does)
There's my 2 cents on replacement ideas, hopefully a bit of food for thought.
3 months ago
Rogue's Passage lets Omnath hit without costing you a creature.
To be clear, I wasn't suggesting Wood Elves as a card for this list. I don't think it's as good as something like Cultivate/Kodama's Reach/Nissa's Pilgrimage or Skyshroud Claim here. I only mentioned it because it's a format staple (due to the ability to grab dual lands and the prevalence of ETB spam). You can't currently farm ETB's in this list, and the best card to correct that in mono-green is Temur Sabertooth, which goes infinite with 11+ lands if you have the right cards.
As far as fatty replacements, I don't think you really need more of them. However, I think you are extremely light on spot removal like Beast Within, Lignify, Song of the Dryads, or Chord of Calling (assuming you have creatures that can act as spot removal like Brutalizer Exarch).
What are your thoughts on Foe-Razer Regent as a replacement for Nessian Wilds Ravager. You lose a little power on the fight side, but you gain consistency since you don't need to worry about having an opponent who wants a particular creature dead. You also get a minor benefit from running other reasonable cards that force fights (Ulvenwald Tracker, Prey Upon, Arena, Unnatural Aggression, and possibly Setessan Tactics).
4 months ago
The thing is I'm making this deck online to later buy and use IRl. The guy I'd be playing against is a ruthless control player that runs a five color legendary dragons/elves/Planeswalker deck(s). I'm talking Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, Teneb, the Harvester, Kessig Cagebreakers + Wren's Run Packmaster , the Tarkir clan charms (Mardu Charm+Jeskai Charm+Temur Charm...) and the like. This guy is that one MTG player you HATE playing because he just loads his deck with legendary/Mythic cards and wrecks shop.
Anything that doesn't work 100% with this deck is useless, that's why I replaced Genesis Hydra and Foe-Razer Regent with Kalonian Hydra + Managorger Hydra and Cultivate with Nissa's Pilgrimage. Anything less then perfection will get boardwiped with this guy.