Choose target creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker this turn, draw that many cards.
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Hunter's Insight occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Hunter's Insight Discussion
1 week ago
I had Rancor in the deck before, that card puts in work! I actually really love it but I believe I ended up cutting it for one of the swords. Not sure what I would cut to make space for it though... Absolutely open to suggestions, like I said I love the card! However, all I can think of cutting would maybe be Eldrazi Conscription or something but I think I love that card too much to drop it, lmao something about that card in a cat deck always catches people off guard.
As for card draw those are all really good suggestions, I used to run Harmonize and Hunter's Insight but ended up cutting them. That may have been a bad idea considering I only have about six cards that draw me cards in the deck (closer to eight or 9 if you count repeatable/bounce-able tutors but still...). I do have more ways to generate card advantage without drawing (recursion/tokens/etc.) but that's really not the same. I should probably get at least Hunter's Insight and Rishkar's Expertise into this deck but again I'm just not sure what to cut to make room.
1 week ago
One more card came to my mind - Chameleon Colossus - it is (technically) cat as well and if you have enough mana, it's nice beater. (I would use Rancor as well. It gives trample to your creature and it goes back to your hand when the creature dies).
Card draw is pain in Selesnya colors, but you may use:
- Rishkar's Expertise and Soul's Majesty - give +3/+3 to you cat and then cast these spells in your second main phase
- Greater Good or Momentous Fall - great when your greature is gonna die, you just sacrifice it and draw cards, - Hunter's Insight
- Garruk, Caller of Beasts and Garruk, Primal Hunter
I struggled a lot with card draw for example with this deck - Gruul, but after adding a lot of these spells, it got much better.
3 weeks ago
Looks good! These might interest you: Solidarity of Heroes, Vigor, Sporeback Troll, Hunter's Insight, Hunter's Prowess, Rishkar's Expertise, Soul's Majesty, Rite of Passage, Aspect of Hydra, Blossoming Defense, Mending Touch, Prey's Vengeance, Viridescent Wisps, Withstand Death, Urza's Incubator, Somberwald Sage
1 month ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
1 month ago
1 month ago
Profet93 - So I made some changes to this deck and I wanted to let you know... I added 1) Dragon's Hoard , 2) Elemental Bond , 3) Guardian Project , 4) Harmonize , 5) Gruul Signet , and 6) Ferocity of the Wilds . I removed 1) Wood Elves , 2) Hunter's Insight , 3) Hunter's Prowess , 4) Nature's Claim , 5) Wild Growth , and 6) Aggravated Assault .
I removed the two biggest blowout draw spells and added some guaranteed, incremental draw that all curve nicely before I start to drop my hasty dragons. With the added draw, I got rid of the least effective art/ench removal spell. I also looked into more trample options because flyers are now more prevalent in my meta. I found the cheap Ferocity of the Wilds, which also gives a slight pump so it’s not dead redundancy, curves nicely, and doesn’t die with board wipes. I’m temporarily pulling Aggravated Assault because I found it drew so much hate and didn’t end up winning as many games as I wanted. Most of the time I’d rather not turn the game into archenemy and just drop something with more synergy. Plus, I tended to hold Assault in my hand until I could reliably hit 8 mana in one turn and with such a high curve already devotion dragons, it seemed too clunky. I’m avoiding Lifecrafter's Bestiary because of the extra G to hold up with each dragon, and I’m liking the free draws for now. I’ll keep The Great Henge in mind as well, but with my commander not being a reliable assistant with that cost, casting this after a dragon seems awkward. We’ll see.
So far these changes are working well! Thanks again for your suggestions :D
1 month ago
Looks good! You might like these: Not of This World , Ajani's Presence , Adamant Will , Rebuff the Wicked , Inquisitor's Flail , Umezawa's Jitte , Champion's Helm , Hunter's Insight , Hunter's Prowess , Spellseeker , Kaho, Minamo Historian , Primeval Bounty , Death's Presence , Nature's Will , Mark of Sakiko , One with Nature
I have a Naya deck that I think you might appreciate if you want to check it out: Bruse Tana, Boorish Bloodsower. It involves giving Tana, the Bloodsower double strike via Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder , then an effect such as Bravado to deal exponentially increasing damage. It usually takes out everybody by turn 6 thanks to a buttload of 2-cmc ramp and side-techniques like Impact Tremors .
1 month ago
Profet93 Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up swapping Carnage Tyrant for Siege Behemoth , Mostly for the added reach/evasion (Not sure what to call it) that it provides while also still having hexproof. I still agree that tyrant is an awesome card and is basically never a bad choice to tutor for, but I figured I could sell or trade it and use the money to buy a couple more cards I've been looking at.
In terms of my meta, it seems kind of all over the place. There seems to be a healthy (Well, UNhealthy to me...) amount of blue among my friends, but in the few games I've played with the deck so far there's only really been one or two games where I haven't made a big impact or threatened to win. I haven't played enough with them (Since I just started playing with them for a couple weeks) to know for sure though, so I'm interested to find out!