|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Cyclops
Whenever Borborygmos deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Latest as Commander
7 hours ago
I would think the reason is simply that Big G didn't offer much as far as a theme to build the deck around.
Using Ruric as the face card makes the direction of the deck clear, and easier to put together with the available card pool than say Borborygmos Enraged who is cool and unique, but whose mechanic isn't really supported by his tribe. Original Borborygmos is simply a big beater which is great for gruul, but it doesn't offer much deck building direction.
2 weeks ago
I was thinking the same thing. I thought for sure today would be a gruul spotlight day.
Don't get my wrong the new enchantment that gives all your nontokens riot and uncounterable might as well be rare, freaking love that card. But I still want my splashy fun cards! The new Domri should be interesting but im more curious about who the new legend is, I was never a fan of Borborygmos so im kinda hoping he's gone.
1 month ago
Okay. Apologies, this comment is going to be even longer than the last one.
Your entire Recursion folder is not great. Cauldron of Souls is good, but the rest seem very weak. How much removal is there in your meta?
Borborygmos has a nice effect but is also 7 mana.
Death's Presence is fine, but once again, pretty mana-costly. There are better payoffs for that cost.
Oona's Blackguard is not super good. It forces discards, yeah, but not enough. This deck has too few creatures to really make use of it.
Panharmonicon is a confusing inclusion. You have EIGHT creatures with ETB effects. Eight. That is not enough to justify panharmonicon.
Rage Forger's only use outside a deck that's going wide (which yours is not) is as planeswalker removal. And even then, it'll probably take two attack steps.
Solidarity of Heroes is suboptimal. How many creatures do you usually hit with it? Let's assume four if it's cast late-game as your only spell of the turn. It doubles for things' counters, which is probably... 12, total?? Not great.
Lifeblood Hydra is BAD. To understand why, I'll walk you up the curve. At 4 mana, it's a 1/1 that gives you 1 card and 1 life. At 5 mana it's a 2/2 that gives you 2 cards and 2 life. At 6 mana it's a 3/3 that gives you 3 cards and 3 life. The first time I see this being worth the casting cost is at NINE MANA, and by the time you have nine mana, there are better things to cast.
Why are you running Vraska, Golgari Queen? You don't have very many aristocrat synergies, I don't see where sacrificing creatures at sorcery speed would ever help.
World at War isn't that great here. I mean it's good, but not as good as a lot of other things you could play at 5 mana.
Violent Ultimatum is hilariously bad for its mana cost. Its variable use is nice, but SEVEN MANA to destroy 3 permanents? Pass.
Undercity Plague really doesn't do a lot. It's great against one opponent but it doesn't have a lot of impact on the board as a whole.
Balefire Dragon is good, but it doesn't synergize with the rest of your deck at all.
Oh yeah, and your deck has 109 cards in it, if I read correctly.
2 months ago
4 months ago
Destroy up to six permanents. They can't be regenerated.
You may still cast your Commander for the rest of the game and it's casting cost is permanently reduced to it's converted mana cost.
Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)
Few remember Cisarzim, Lord of Chaos. Even fewer wish to.
Cisarzim, Lord of Chaos was the original guild leader of Gruul Clans and is Borborygmos' father.
5 months ago
Just saw some insane gameplay with the deck, they had Phrexian Unlife out, it was turn four. Lotus Bloom came off of suspend, but they had no Ad Nauseam, they didn't have a land drop either. I thought they would Spoils of the Vault for Ad Nauseam, since they had two of those and a Serum Visions, but instead they named Laboratory Maniac, then Borborygmos, cast the Laboratory Maniac, and with 1 mana left from the bloom the Serum Visions won the game!
8 months ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.