|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Cyclops
Whenever Borborygmos deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||gildan_bladeborn , Pelli , marcus638 , Fineontheoutside , twistedmage , rakdos24 , bradyofportdetroit|
|Want (3)||dododestroyer , Turtlelover73 , samuelianstorm|
3 weeks ago
Just saw some insane gameplay with the deck, they had Phrexian Unlife out, it was turn four. Lotus Bloom came off of suspend, but they had no Ad Nauseam, they didn't have a land drop either. I thought they would Spoils of the Vault for Ad Nauseam, since they had two of those and a Serum Visions, but instead they named Laboratory Maniac, then Borborygmos, cast the Laboratory Maniac, and with 1 mana left from the bloom the Serum Visions won the game!
3 months ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
9 months ago
EDHREC is a solid resource, but it appears your charting new territory with Ape tribal, However while most apes are green, there are some red ones so ....
but it really depends on how you want the deck to run and what kind of effects you want access to in the command zone to support the deck .
10 months ago
Absolutely! My pleasure
If you're having two creatures fight, and you Momentous Fall yours; theirs lives? Fight is a neat mechanic, but I'd go with just the few low cmc ones. Chandra's Ignition is a good way to wipe out some creatures. As is Balefire Dragon and it's lil homie Cyclops Gladiator
Maybe consider streamlining the deck with more creatures to make sure you're out gunning opponents. Borborygmos is asking for "go wide" strategy, where Xenagos, God of Revels focuses on one creature at a time n "go tall". Btw if you can play something like Might of Oaks on your commander with xenagod out it's gg lol. Heroic Intervention might save you in a pinch
The infect idea is neat too. I like seeing that in all dif colors. Cheers
11 months ago
So I have a Gruul deck that I've been testing out in the playtest, I ended up with the following in my boardstate (Minus lands and Elvish Mystic):
Now, I should mention that Bor had already attacked before and Trample went through (Playtesting against a deck I have in person). So, Bor had a +1/+1 counter on him, making him a 7/8.
As I said, Ulrich gave him +4/+4, turning him into an 11/12.
Now I go to attack, and this is where my question arises.
When I declare both Ventmaw and Bor as attackers, I am triggering two abilities: Gaining 6 mana and dealing non-combat damage.
Am I allowed to effectively "pause" this, and use the six mana from Ventmaw to tap my untapped Kessig Wolf Run for 4RG (Using the six mana from Ventmaw), so that I can turn Bor into a 15/12, thereby allowing Mage Slayer to dish out 15 damage? Or was the 11 already set in stone once he attacked, but I can still pump him up for the Trample before damage resolves?
11 months ago
I'm new to commander and I'm trying to fill in the blanks. I have creatures that have the type "Legendary Creature ( Borborygmos ). Then, I have older cards with the sub type Creature Legend ( Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor ). Can Aboshan be used as a Commander or is this format for Modern printed cards. Thanks.