|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Winding constrictor and walking ballista
- How does Winding Constrictor and Energy counters work?
- Infinite counters with winding constrictor?
- If I cast Altered Ego X=1 and copy a Winding Constrictor, does the Altered Ego enter with one counter or two?
- How many counters will Ghave, Guru of Spores receive with all of the following on the battlefield...
Creature — Snake
If one or more counters would be placed on an artifact or creature you control, that many counters plus one are placed that permanent instead.
If you would get one or more counters you get that many of those counters plus one instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||bakunet , TheRealPeaches , TuckerMTG , duff87 , MathieuHarvey0555 , MattN7498 , Xikitten123 , rakdos24 , bakeraj4 , PTsmitty , , ZombieFood , unnaturalelementals , YossarianLives , acbooster , Borg0th , Nebman227 , frederiklw , Vasbear1 , zach353 , thetechzombie|
|Want (24)||flipdipple , Djricci97 , CrusherJ , TuckerMTG , eoraptor144 , MangaVentFreak13 , kovellen , Vestrinex , Talonisnthavingit , spawneerie , Sckeetch , Syram , Hakira , CHAREDot9 , NivStormfront , Turtlelover73 , mlouden03 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Sevventh , eastly , eldrazi-azorius , RedMulligan , sleepy104 , Lawliet|
Winding Constrictor Discussion
6 days ago
In my experience a scales deck is one of those decks that really neads to build up. To be able to build up you need the following:
- a lot of mana: Gyre Sage is a must in a scales deck, you should take out the Rattleclaw Mystic and put in the sage.
- a lot of time: you need some lifegain to make sure you are not dead by turn 4, afterwards you can take over. In my build this is provided by Spike Feeder
- a lot of cards: scales looses against discard spells, so it really helps to have some kind of draw engine. I have trouble with this point 3 also, at the moment I'm playing 2 times Mindless Automaton to get some extra draws.
I don't think you should run red, just to be able to run Slumbering Dragon, i would throw that one out if i were you. If you go for a third color, this should be either white (which would be the obvious choice) or black like i did which gives you access to Corpsejack Menace (or Winding Constrictor.
I think you also need some graveyard hate against the meta, which relies a lot on recurrance. In a scales deck this means you need Scavenging Ooze, your choice to mainboard or sideboard. I put 2 in main and 2 extra in side.
My build: Plus One (Scales)
1 week ago
1 week ago
Thanks for the tips. This is still a work in progress, so the final run will look a lot different than the current one. Budget is the key word in this first build, if it turns out to be working, I might add some more value cards to strengthen it. I know I should go into blue, but I really want to try not to.
You're right about Fertile Ground, it's too costly. The upside is that you can put it on Darksteel Citadel, which can be untapped with Voltaic Servant (or maybe Voltaic Key?). In each case, I think I'm going to replace it by two more Llanowar Elves for the time being.
About the tutoring, I guess I should add Ancient Stirrings (which i don't own).
2 weeks ago
This looks good. I would also consider adding:
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal: combined with Atraxa on the field, this creature can make all your other creatures very powerful indeed.
- Archangel of Thune: every creature you control gains counters whenever you gain life ... noice!
- Spike Weaver: remove a +1/+1 counter from it, and receive no combat damage during a turn. Fair trade.
- Winding Constrictor: the benefits of this card in this deck, far outweigh the disadvantages it has.
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress: can get pretty crazy; especially with all the proliferation going on.
- Luminarch Ascension: easy to get up to four quest counters on it in this deck, and then you'll have a 4/4 flyers available for just 1 each!
- Aura Shards: lots of fun with so many creatures in your deck (not to mention the tokens you can generate with cards like Ghavu)
- Panharmonicon: the combo between this card and Doubling Season is sure to give some hilarious moments. Other cards that benefit from this card are Champion of Lambholt, Juniper Order Ranger and Cathars' Crusade (would also benefit Aura Shards, in case you would decide to add it).
Hope any of this helps. Let me know how the deck plays. And if you have the time/inclination, I would appreciate your feedback on one of my EDH decks.
2 weeks ago
in my opinion only the three enchantments should go from your maybeboard to the deck. They support your engine. The other cards from the maybeboard do not seem to be too spectacular.
Another great inclusion would be Phyrexian Devourer. You can activate its ability over and over again while its sacrifice-trigger is on the stack, so it can grow very very huge. This should also work with Kresh's ability, when the Phyrexian Devourer is finally sacrificed through its ability. The devourer has also great synergy with Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Fling and Soul's Fire.
Cards to cut from your main deck are: Winding Constrictor because of its low impact, In Garruk's Wake because it's too expensive, Dark Ritual as your deck does not seem to need that kind of explosive ramp. Also Damnation and Blasphemous Act do not synergize nicely with Kresh.
3 weeks ago
Looks sweet! But may I suggest Winding Constrictor? That might help to lower your curve a bit. And maybe the Mercadian Masques depletion lands?
3 weeks ago
@Roguecor I see where you're coming from but Winding Constrictor's synergie isn't that high since the +1/+1 thing is only a minor subtheme. I had Hardened Scales in here previously but had to cut it for the same reason.
3 weeks ago
How about Winding Constrictor?